Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Styiez, from Cheerleader to Member [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Yes please
Nationality: Finnish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Styiez
Race: Night Elf
Class: Rogue
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 81 days / 22 hours / 30 minutes.
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Styiez&gn=Echoes+of+Lordaeron
Set of glyphs used: Glyph of Sinister Strike, Glyph of Slice and Dice, Glyph of Rupture, Glyph of Blurred Speed
Willing to respec (to another role)? If required & possible.
Professions and their level: Enchanting and Mining, both 450.

What are your primary roles during a raid? Afflicting damage as much as possible under current circumstances.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Every raid done pre-ICC. All WotLK raids done with EoL.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Ranging from 2 to 5.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Hand of A'dal -title: proves I've been around and killing stuff. Then there's all the Ulduar-achievements, not that difficult to attain anymore..

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? I just upgraded my GFX card to Radeon HD4850 and I'm averaging 40-60 FPS. Dalaran still gives me around 30. Haven't tried out raids yet.

Do you ever have latency problems? Only when it's on their end. I only suffer from random, yet frequent (once a day, twice a day) DC's.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes.

Are you using any other addons? TitanPanel, QuestHelper (disabled on lvl 80 characters)

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Now, that the end of the Lich King draws closer, she's turning more and more dedicated, yet not obsessed. She depends more on her new family, the Echoes.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? January 2007, if I'm not mistaken

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I could improve in the new tactics and encounters of Icecrown.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE > PvP = RP. I like PvE the most. PvP and RP are on the 2nd place, because they're fun occasionally, but I wouldn't play the game entirely for them.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) I'll probably start playing daily, 4-5 hours a day.

Do you share your account with anybody? Nope.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? My history with guilds can be seen from Warcraftrealms.com. I assume you're interested in the latest guilds.
Twilight: Left because I was the only member left there.
Echoes of Lordaeron: Still here envy

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Varies a lot, Chill's evil but Sunneh's sexxeh.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Yes, I'm aware of that.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I was told to fill this application to possibly get promoted back to Member-status from my current Cheerleader-status.

Why do you think we should choose you? Deep down inside, you all still love me.

Who can we contact for reference*? Merke, Lynn, BBQ to name a few. The whole guild could say something, I guess.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Thank you :> <3

Hey there Sty Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Majandra is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

Since you used to be memeber theres not much to say really :P Your gear seems pretty good however.
Have you done ICC 10 or 25 yet?
Ohh and how can we be sure you dont just disappere again? :P

When Majandra has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as rather you get a retrial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Well this is just the normal formality, but since you've been away quite a while i'll give a couple of pointers to get you back on track. Basicly most of your gear is from ulduar so that needs some serious upgrading, try sticking your head to any non official toc raid that show up plus ofc the normal setup ones (which now basicly are icc atm, i have no doubt you'll do great in the first wing of ICC 10- or 25-man, but the gear upgrades are for the 2nd wing which seems to be pretty much all about big dps numbers.). The New ICC 5-man dungeons are a gold mine for rogues upgrading gear from ulduar level straight pass toc, specially combat spec. And i'm blasting the new instances through with Baqubi anyway to gear him up to date also through out the week so there might be a spot there. Also i'd suggest looking up some tactics to icc, just to be ready.

Couple other things since there's no T8 4pieces nor T9 2pieces, i would suggest completely dropping rupture from cycle and going pure Eviscerate. Poisons to go with are IP on MH and DP on OH.
And you haven't stacked Arp so i'd suggest from now on go with pure AP gemming or maybe AP-haste on yellow socket. But basicly AP is the word of the day. With few new gear pieces crit should go above 40% so gemming pure AP should be no problem.

Glyphs and talents next:
For glyphs, loose the SnD glyph and replace it with Killing Spree and for the rupture glyph well either Evicerate or Tricks of trade, i would suggest the Evi glyph. And since there's couple minor glyphs missing i would suggest getting Safe fall and Vanish. No point keeping them empty.
As for spec there are couple alternative Evicerate specs, we've had a little conversation over them in the rogue forum, you can check that out and see what suits you, but http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=4&tal=30520000532000000000000000002520510000350152231005012510000000000000000000000000000 That's the one Merke ended up and http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Majandra&gn=Echoes+of+Lordaeron and that's mine in comparison.

Couple of rare gems, i'm sure those will be gone after some upgrades.

Edit: another thing i noticed afterwards. Expertise cap is 26 as you might already know, so anything after that is pretty much wasted stat. If you go over it a bit with 2 gear pieces that's alright, but i would consider getting gear without it after that, aka now you have 3 pieces with exp and way over the cap.

All in all get this man back in to the roster and start roflpwn the "stuff" out of other dps cause the rogue team here is just that imba.

-Majandra, Rogue Class Representative of EoL

Last edited by Majandra / Barnacle on 2010/01/11 17:13; edited 2 times in total

Step 1: Be Awesome! Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Good to see you back Styi, with any luck you'll be back as a member again soon dude

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

To be completely honest I'm not sure we have a spot.... We've been holding Bedwyr back from applying as Rogue as well. Majandra: can you discuss this with Miriel and keep in mind that if this rogue gets a spot the other rogues will get less spots.

Saraesa / Liesje wrote:
To be completely honest I'm not sure we have a spot.... We've been holding Bedwyr back from applying as Rogue as well. Majandra: can you discuss this with Miriel and keep in mind that if this rogue gets a spot the other rogues will get less spots.

In diff words HA WE NO WANT U NO MOAR !
These are mine not Liesje's
Just lvl ure shaman quickly boost it through HC's L2p Enh and apply as that XD

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

We are indeed very melee heavy at the moment. And as I've said to a few other applicants we are on a initiate hold.

I will discuss the matter with the other officers and Majandra when I get hold of him :P

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

without wanting to get into polotics again, merke just showed up again and is now raid leading without anything being said or posted. yes i am aware that it's 'merke' we're talking about.
but to say that theres a list to some people and just disregard it for others isn't exactly fair is it?regardles of how 'leet' they are

*edit* if this post comes across as a QQ to anyone read my post below, i think it came across better, and looks more like what i meant to say with this post

Last edited by Sunnybunny on 2010/01/12 7:07; edited 1 time in total

Merke is War Veteran, it's slightly different on that account... besides he's been back for quit a while. He was back either a bit before or a bit after Bedwyr came back for instance.

And the initiate hold came like two weeks ago, while Merke has been back for months Happy

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

thats kinda my point, it's always 'different circumstances'. (not saying i disagree with ya btw ^^ theres no way merke would have been denied and rightly so)
i just think that sty's initiate thread would be: we all know him so there'd just be jokes and somewhere in the middle a post about gear difference and then more jokes then some1 telling everyone to be constructive and then a post how his deeps went up after the last toc when he got new gear and respecd and then a few more jokes before he 'passed' his retrial.
aka: completely different to an actual trial.

it would just be a shame to see a brilliant rogue 'denied' (kept as cheer) for the sake of following policies that are so casually ignored in other circumstances

the case at the moment Sunny... is the we really really have a hard time with all the melee we have. Sure Sty is a great player and a part of the family, but we might actually not be able to give him a spot as it is right now.

The decision hasn't been made however, already discussion this matter with the officers, still need to talk with Maja tho.

EoL-Veteran

I'd actually like to point out that we all ready declined Dida's app for memebership and told her to stay Cheer, not only because of her gearm but because we might not really have that much room for her.

As for BBQ he only got Cheer rank aswell, it's another case since he is a healer, at it was slightly a case of gear being a bit behind.

We don't just accept old memebers/cheerleaders because they used to be a memeber Happy

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Miriel/Norrinja wrote:
I'd actually like to point out that we all ready declined Dida's app for memebership and told her to stay Cheer, not only because of her gearm but because we might not really have that much room for her.

As for BBQ he only got Cheer rank aswell, it's another case since he is a healer, at it was slightly a case of gear being a bit behind.

We don't just accept old memebers/cheerleaders because they used to be a memeber Happy

Happened to me the last time I came back..
But meh, it's all starting to look too negative on my behalf. Kinda what I was afraid of :D

Sunnybunny wrote:
theres no way merke would have been denied

That's right, cause as a War Veteran there is no applying for a raidspot:

Code of Conduct wrote:

War Veteran
These people have done their duty for the guild and more. They have been an officer and put in hard blood, sweat and tears to keep this guild going. They can no longer put in the time or energy needed for an officer job, but still want to be a part of the guild and sign up for raids when they have the time.
Signing up is optional, depending on availability and raidsetup you will get at least 2 raids a week, Full Roll Rights.
Attain rank: Stepping down from an officer position. The officers and GM will review if someone deserves this rank.
Lose rank: If you wish to pick up the officer flag again, this can be discussed within the officer team.

A cheerleader does have to apply for a raidspot again. And we haven't recruited any more rogues since Naica and Nikia came in. We're simply full.

Sty sucks though xD xD

Sorry guys, War Vet buff is OP. You'd need to gear first Sty, some of these fights are gear heavy (As actual DPS output is required in comparison to Ulduar nerfed) and the best way to do so... *lowers tone*... Is to get into the guild as Cheerleader, gear up in the PuG raids and then apply again.

Edit: Just to add; when you plan on dissapearing again? :p

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: