Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
whitemikki
Found the forum!

re: All this cos I DC'd on Bloodqueen twice :)

Yep. I changed filter and wire and thats all that stands between test box and my modem.

Its either a fault in the cable fromthe junction to my house of the modem.

My with my low connection speed wow is perfectly stable in 10 mans and all other areas of wow. As soon as 25 people start spamming it goes POP. Never DCs without 25 man combat so lowering the traffic is my only option atm. It didnt work so i am out of options short of getting the damrepair man out quicker to trace the fault.

The modem is pretty new (8 months) so thats BT problem as far as i am concerned so if iots that they can send a new one.

Lets see how it plays out. Thanks for all you info though people its really appreiciated.

Ellee! wrote:
Ok, some slight confusion here, dont bother with any of that combat log crap or disabling addons, you have a fault somewhere,

Your DSL Connection Rate :287 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM)

This is your sync speed, this should be >6000kbps (based on the info you have given) all the time, it should never really change much at all, the fact you have done a speed test and got this result means there is an error somewhere and it needs sorting.

Now BT's "jurisdiction" goes up to your test socket, anything beyond this is their fault, if you have your router plugged into the test socket and BT arent lying and it IS in your property and you STILL get a result of 287kbps then there is a problem with:

a) your microfilter
b) your router
c) your internal cables connecting the filter to your router (v v unlikely - just check for rips/tears)

If you can replace these with borrowed ones or the like to make 100% sure that its not your equipment then you are back on to BT.

However you say you have been in the test socket 2 days? Have you been checking your router page regularly for the sync speed? and made sure you have not been dropping to below 300kbps? Because this is what you need to do.
Rästik

Do what everyone does.... you may not know why... but Windows is the cause of all your problems. (assuming you aren't using mac)
Blizzard really should make WoW playable on unix systems.
For example take one online multiplayer game that is availible for all Mac & PC (windows and unix).
you will get the best performance with linux.
same thing is with downloading anything if downloader is working correctly you can download faster and upload much faster with linux...

Bill Gates fails with windows
Blizzard fails with WoW not being availible on linux
I fail it is late and I am here reading/writing
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

nice rant but windows cant cause your DSL sync rate to be >200kbps

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Rästik wrote:
Do what everyone does.... you may not know why... but Windows is the cause of all your problems. (assuming you aren't using mac)
Blizzard really should make WoW playable on unix systems.
For example take one online multiplayer game that is availible for all Mac & PC (windows and unix).
you will get the best performance with linux.
same thing is with downloading anything if downloader is working correctly you can download faster and upload much faster with linux...

Bill Gates fails with windows
Blizzard fails with WoW not being availible on linux
I fail it is late and I am here reading/writing

WoW IS playable on Linux thank for playing bbkkthx, running it for years now on both my Linux as my Windows system.

without windows or mac emulator?
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Rästik wrote:
without windows or mac emulator?

Why using a mac emulator WoW supports native mac :S , you use a "emulator"for windows well it's not an emulator since it only adresses some api modules to give instructions to your WoW so those 5 or 6 files are indeed part of an "emulator" the rest is just native code.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum