Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Disnar

re: Guild Application for Balance druid [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex:male
Nationality:Scittish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:disnàr
Race:Night elf
Class:Balance druid
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):19days
Talent Built(Armory link please):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Disnar&gn=From+Dusk+Til+Dawn
Set of glyphs used:Majior Glyph of starfire Insect swarn and moon fire, minor Glyphs Unbirdend rebirth Dash and Wild
Willing to respec (to another role)?Duel spec balance and feral (will to change to feral tank )
Professions and their level:Leatherworking 441, Skinning 450

What are your primary roles during a raid?Balance

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?done first wing of ICC 10 donr all of ToC 10/25

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.yes apart from tusdays

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?any amount

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?150 fps

Do you ever have latency problems?Only when someone is Downloading and a difrent computer in my house

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?yes

Are you using any other addons?yes

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?anout 3 years ago

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?Gear and damage

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?PvE, RP, PvP i really like raiding beacause its fun really and i dont like pvp too much because i suck at PvP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? 7hours 6days a week(hours/day)

Do you share your account with anybody?nope

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?Just jumped mY char from Earthen ring because thers not much happaning there

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty ABC

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? Yes and i personally dont mind And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Because i have heard That they are a pretty Epic Guild and i want to find a Good guild to join

Why do you think we should choose you? Because i belive i could be an asset to teh guild

Who can we contact for reference*? Dahock my mates Character

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?i appologise for my spelling and really bad at it
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Well there's something you don't see everyday.

GL with the app :p

Edit: Prepare to feel violated. *watches the approaching Mysti* ... Did I say feel? I meant be.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

You haven´t answered all questions and it´s hard to read when you don´t have space between the question and the answer!

I can see you use PvP items, not good! Need to be replaced.

Though, I´m a bit curious because the link you made is for a character on another realm and I´ve talked to you ingame. Can you explain this? Am I looking at someone else or what?

I think your gear is a bit too behind for us, but that´s me. It´s really easy to get T10 Ilvl 251 atleast. I also see you use Restoration T9 piece, why? Then again, am I looking at you or someone else?

I´ll let the other Druid´s take a closer look at your gear/gems/enchants/talent/glyphs and so on.

/Arkas
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I had this brought to my attention in-game, so I'll have a quick look Happy :

Talents

Talent build is fine. It's rare indeed (on SSL, anyway) to find an Owl that knows how to spec. You might possibly consider moving your point from Gale Winds into Owlkin Frenzy, but it's about the same dps increase, so not vital.

Gear and Enchants

Here is where it gets a little less juicy, unfortunately.

- Your trinkets are both very bad, I'm afraid. On-use effects are only worth it for haste, not spellpower, as it robs us of a GCD and that's one less Eclipsed spell you're casting. [Shard of the Crystal Heart] (from Triumph Emblems, easily grindable) and [Sundial of the Exiled] (again, easily grindable in about an hour from Heroism emblems) would be far better. [Dying Curse] from Naxx25 or [Abyssal Rune] from ToC5 normal would also be good. Don't worry that some of these have hit - you can get around that by removing points from Balance of Power and their on hit / on use effects are far superior.

- PvP bracers are very bad. [Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers] (crafted by Tailors) are far better.

- Again, PvP cloak is bad. The Frost emblem one, [Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky] , whilst pricy, is a good cloak and far more PvE-oriented than your current cloak.

Gems and Enchants

I'm going to be honest with you - this part is a mess.
Your head, shoulders, cloak, boots, bracers and gloves have no enchants at all. You have the rep for some, but not for others.
You need to do some reading up on Balance gemming priorities as well:

- Your meta gem should always be [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond] .
- Red sockets are [Reckless Ametrine] until you have at least 401 haste. After that, all Red and yellow gems are [Runed Cardinal Ruby]. You want 2 blue sockets to be [Purified Dreadstone] to activate said meta, after that same as for red / yellow sockets, unless the socket bonus is +9 spellpower. Your current intellect, intellect / spirit and spellpower / spirit gems are junk and suggest to me a lack of proper reading / preparation for this spec.

- Your idol at least is perfect, but you should really save your Frost Emblems for other, better upgrades. The 2T10 bonus for Balance is fantastic and should be your first aim.

Professions

Pretty much max level, but Skinning is a poor choice of raiding profession. We don't value crit to that extent - good second profession choices for us are Engineering, Tailoring and/or Alchemy.

Overall

Sadly, you're not ready to join raiding at our level. Your gear is too far behind and some of your choices suggest a distinct lack of knowledge about your chosen spec. I'd highly suggest you make the changes I advised and also read up on Elitist Jerks, the Moonkin Repository and Qieth's Quips for some good, solid Moonkin info.
Also, as Arkas mentioned, some questions are missing answers.

My personal take at the moment is to advise you to gear up some, do a bit more learning and reapply when you're in a stronger position. For a guild working on Lich King 25 and ICC10 Hard Modes, you sadly don't yet have what it takes to make enough of a contribution.

I'm going to advise our Recruitment Officer to decline this, but we will see what their final decision is.

Andu'falah-dor, brother Druid!

Mystikal - Archdruid of <Echoes of Lordaeron>

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Disnar

I appologise for mot puting spaces before my Answers

To answer my Unaswerd questions,:
1. I dont mind if GL is a Gnome i like gnomes,
2. the hardest achive i have is (Ive gone made a mess 10 man) defeting saurfang without letting him cast Mark of the Fallen champion 3 times
.3 and i dont know how to put in a sreenshot

I know 2 of my items are PvP but when i was gettin my gear they droped so i desided to use them because they were much better than the previouse ones.

The resion My spec says am on a diffrent server is that i jumped for earthen ring.

1 of mu item is a healing one but i dont have the emblums to replave right now so i am going on a HC farm to get a better one.

Once agein i appologise for not putting this in the of the application.

thak you for feedback Arkas and i will do my best to fix these problems[imglb align=center width=300 height=300][/imglb][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Disnar

Okay mate but ty for the info i will reaply when i get better gear and such but ty anyways :D
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

[img] insert link to picture here. [/img] (no spaces)

ex with spaces.
[img] http://wowps.org/forum/images/avatars/wow_random/wow-avatar20.gif [/img]

without

Forum Image

Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?150 fps

Lowest settings on a 15" moni? :p

Also known as Azlana or Monck
Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Mystikal / Adun wrote:
On-use effects are only worth it for haste, not spellpower, as it robs us of a GCD and that's one less Eclipsed spell you're casting

Pushing trinkets doesn't use a GCD, or at least mine don't!

My old Resurgence talisman did, though I'm fairly sure it was a bug.

The problem with popping +SP trinkets during Eclipse is that you're rarely going to be able to time it so that the whole duration gets the benefit. And if it doesn't, then it's a waste. 'Spontaneous' trinkets always win for Balance, because all of your reaction time needs to go on spell-switching.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Disnàr Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

I'm the Recruitment Assistant and I shall be dealing with your application. As you probably already know (points to above post) Mystikal is your Class Representative and King Chicken, Lord of Trees and Watcher of Pussies (I assume that this self given title by him refers to feral kitties)

Currently we have room to fit another fat Lazor Chicken into the guild, if your the right one ofc is yet to be seen Happy

Honestly though i would need to see your answers to Mysti's comments and his subsequent return comments before making any form of decision on the matter

When Mystikal has given his opinion after seeing your answers to his questions, and any possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as whether we will be able to give you a trial or not. I likely expect a bit of back and forth discussion between you as Mysti is a uber theory geek - that's a good thing btw Happy

Good Luck with your application!

- Jaenus
The Big Kahuna.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Sötpojke wrote:
[img] insert link to picture here. [/img] (no spaces)

ex with spaces.
[img] http://wowps.org/forum/images/avatars/wow_random/wow-avatar20.gif [/img]

without

Forum Image

Bump! do it!

Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Azlannagh wrote:
Quote:

Lowest settings on a 15" moni? :p

Why so Strange Azlann ? I pull around 125 to 160 FPS in dalaran and about 80 to 110 in 25's while doing full AoE.

Forum Pet

No wai that's Ultra settings dune, no effing way :p

Also known as Azlana or Monck
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I got 50 fps with my Laptop with fullscale aoe in Ultra so dune speaks the truth!

anyway..

Disnar wrote:
Okay mate but ty for the info i will reaply when i get better gear and such but ty anyways :D

I think he gave up on this application/or is just gathering gear before bothering to come back, since he hasnt responded in a fair ammout of time.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: