Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

re: The AMAZING Arlynn - Warlock [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex:
~ Male ~
Nationality:
~ English ~

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:
~ The AMAZING Arlynn ~
Race:
~ Human ~
Class:
~Warlock ~
Level:
~ 81 ~

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):
~ Do you mind if I forfeit this one, I might die a little inside, but it's alot. ~

Talent Built(Armory link please):

~ http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Arlynn ~

Set of glyphs used:

~ Haunt ~
~ Quick Decay ~
~ Life Tap ~

Willing to respec (to another role)?

~ I've played all roles, but Affliction is my little baby, I enjoy it thoroughly. Destruction would be my 2nd choice, and Demo a 3rd, those are ranked by knowledge of spec, having only played Demo a bit. ~

Professions and their level:

~ Alchemy [Elixir] (Max) ~
~ Inscription (Max) ~

What are your primary roles during a raid?

~ Trash ~

Using SoC without restraint.. until I die, then I learn and count to 5. (Note: Takes the equivalent of 2/3 deaths or a 50G + Repair Bill.)

~ Bosses ~

DoT'ing stuff up to the max, competeting endlessly with everyone above me on meters, whilst at the same time realising guild effort goes above personal. (And later using that logic to explain to Merke why he beat me.. again.)

Not dying to stupid stuff more than once (Unless I rebuke someone for dying to the afore mentioned "stupid stuff" in which case I'll likely die next attempt.

~ Between Pulls ~

Attempting to be humourous.

Switching between insulting Merke, Mystikal, Boomkins, Cyclone and outcries of Nerf Merke, Illva, Boomkins, Cyclone.

Occasional Lady Gaga lyrics (Dependant on what I'm listening to.)

~ During Loot ~

Ninja'ing Hc Nibelung and making Isvan cry.
Ninja'ing Hc DFO and making Mysti cry.
Ninja'ing Hc "That thing Merke wants" then deleting it, making him cry.
Rolling on other peoples stuff.. badly.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?

~ As Arlynn I've raided up from the end of Ulduar up into Togc, with AoT. I then switched over to EoL, raiding through LK content up until around 3 months ago, where I retired Arlynn only to log to do the odd transmute, until Liesje ninja'd me into raid again. I realised I missed it, alot.. ~

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.

~ I will be working every Friday night and alternate Saturdays, I like to spend Thursdays raiding on a smaller scale with IRL friends and every now and again my GF requires me to do BF things, when she's not raiding with AoT. ~

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

~ Current Schedule is looking like ~
Week A - Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Week B - Wednesday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

~ No real "in game" achievements I really consider to be hard, just time consuming. ~

~ My favourite achievement type thing is the way in which I react when the s*** hits the fan. Somehow, through either luck or skill I manage to pull things right out of the bag. My instinct I find is very very good. ~

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?

~ 4GB Ram, 3Ghz Processor, other numbers and abbreviations. 60 FPS in Dala, 35-40 FPS in hectic raid scenarios. (Twins Togc maybe 30) ~

Do you ever have latency problems?

~ No ~

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

~ Probably still got em ~

Are you using any other addons?

~ Yes, although I recently deleted all my addons and started from scratch, my UI is lightweight.. and pretty. ~

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpQQThAKRZU

~ That's the only recent thing I have, it's my tanks UI in Sindragosa HC. Arlynns is kinda identical, except I have less health. (DBM has since been moved further to the right. ~

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

~ Yup ~

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

~ Arrogant, yet insecure and willing to gain attention/praise. ~

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?

~ 1 1/2 Years I think. ~

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?

~ Need to tidy my desk better, as it hampers my play. ~

~ Jump less in fights ~

~ Earn more money (Literally.. I never have any. I go through so many gem changes a week. ~

~ Choose a main and stick with it. ~

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?

~ PvE ~ (It's a competetion of sorts.. one that's kinda easy.

~ PvP ~ (^^ But it's harder, unless I play Prot-ret!!)

~ RP ~ (I don't really engage too much in RP, I Larp around twice a month and find the RP in-game too be weird and difficult to immerse myself into without dressing up.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)

~ 6-8 Hours a day. More when I have a day off ~

Do you share your account with anybody?

~ Often GF and close IRL friends will borrow my account for JC needs etc, but that's dealt with on another character and it's infrequent now, as I started being lazy and haven't done JC dailies forever. ~

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

~ EoL: Got nagged a little by my GF to join AoT shortly after I went Cheer, and found my self disillusioned by char. ~

~ AoT: Joined due to reasons above. Logged 2/3 times, raided once within 2/3 months. Didn't want to be there. ~

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty

~ /tar Gnome ~
~ /cast Shadowbolt ~
~ /dance ~
~ /mourn ~

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

~ Questions a little outdated don't cha think? ~

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

~ Best players, people and sexiest (only?) ladies on server. ~

Why do you think we should choose you?

~ You already did! Liesje likes me ;P ~

Who can we contact for reference*?

~ /g ~

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

I got the bold right?

Hi, I'm Stevie (Arlynn) I'm 20 years old and I liek WoW. I recently moved to Cheer status as Arlynn in EoL and subsequently semi-retired the character. I felt disillusioned and lost in regards to raiding but that was a reflection upon RL. In the month or two that followed my step down, I scaled down raiding, raiding only with my old main Gerainth with a big group of my IRL friends in Lumé Quenta.

I assumed control with vigor, MT'ing and RL'ing LQ to 9/12 LK10 Hc. The control I gained was a reflection upon some of the lack of control and lack of progress in my life.

I quit my Job 2 months back, one day just before going in, I couldn't really take it anymore. I didn't turn up or phone in for 2/3 days. I scheduled an appointment with the Doctor under my GF's request and was referred to counselling for depression. I lazed about most days doing nothing, which in turn made my relationship difficult, around 1 month ago I quit WoW for a week, and set about getting my life in some kind of order, I picked up a new (better) job and felt alot of the zeal and vigor flood back into me. [Job = I sit behind the counter in a garage at night on weekends serving the occasional drunk person and reading Zoo/Nuts/Take a Break/Other Magazines.] I'm applying back into University and I'm pleased with my progress in sorting my life out.

I logged Arlynn one day (Yesterday, in fact.) and immediately was invited into what looked like a pro raid. (It was, I was there. We one-shot Marrowgar.) It felt really good to be back and the welcoming I got from everyone was lovely.

So yeah, I'm back.. go hard on me though, I'm rusty.
Denize
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I got Love for you.

Vouch and Welcome Back

Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

No idea who you are but you seem a lot of fun, and glad you enjoyed last nights raid

First of many I hope!

Definate vouch
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I out dpsd you on marrowgar based on this fact alone im in a good mood so vouch tongue out.
Nah seriously good guy great player and made up to see you back dude <3

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I was annoyed. I stormed past everyone else then saw you there.. gloating as the boss went down.

Another 10 seconds is all it would've taken.

:D
Qeal
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Vouch, level 81 is pro!
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

gimme

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Douchebag

Forum Pet

I love Arlynn, can we have him back please.

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Vieane wrote:
I love Arlynn, can we have him back please.

This.

Oh, and nerf Warlocks. kkthxbai.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Jaenus wrote:
I out dpsd you on marrowgar based on this fact alone im in a good mood so vouch tongue out.
Nah seriously good guy great player and made up to see you back dude <3

Play fucking fury! You'll top if every time.

Vouch.

I already invited him in BTW

aside from the blatant gnome racism its not a bad apply.
i say give him a go and fine him for each gnome comment/joke. kinda like a swear box. the funds can go to the rerolling humans when they realise that extra spirit will mean squat in cata (i know this will get changed but on the off-chance it doesn't: haha)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: