Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Tankadin Heios [Denied]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Heios
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 76 days.
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Heios
Set of glyphs used:
Glyph of Hammer Of Righteous
Glyph of Divine Plea
Glyph of Seal Of Vengeance
Glyph of Sense Undead
Glyph of Lay On Hands
Willing to respec (to another role)? If Needed But im pref a Tankadin
Professions and their level:Jewelcrafting 448 - so close and Blacksmithing 417
What are your primary roles during a raid? Tanking and off-tanking.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? vanilla - ZG,MC,Ony and a bit of BWL. BC - Kara, gruuls, maggy SSC , EYE , MH and BT upto Mother sharazz.wrath of Lich King Naxx , OS3D(10 25) , Ulduar first 3 bosses. , ICC 10 Plagueward . ICC 25- upto putri.. My experience is low but i am certain i can make boss kills and learn quickly and easily.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Easily, Preferably not 6 days a week more like 4-5 but ye easily.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 4-5 more if needed.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? None expecially. not to bothere bout achievements if im honest.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz -6142MB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4730 Series, my FPS would be about 30 -35 in dalaran and raids.

Do you ever have latency problems? Nope none normally.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? yep

Are you using any other addons? Pallypower and Recount

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

well i havent got a recent one in a raid so a normal UI i guess,
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot062210194830.jpg/
Im willing to take any suggestion of how to improve it.

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Not sure, i dont roleplay.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 2 years before TBC expansion.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Always room for improvement so Tanking and also My DPS.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PVE , PVP. I enjoy raiding but then killing horde is also very fun i dont roleplay.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 5 days a week atm and about 4-5 hours

Do you share your account with anybody? nah

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Well a small friends guild called V V V, moved here when my friends did, Then i joined Reckoners for a small while, not left but we dont seem to be making any progression and also some people arent very good players.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty. Evil - B Happy

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! OH GOD!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Raiding Happy People.

Why do you think we should choose you? Im a quick learner, More skilled then the general wow players and also i have common sense unlike most..

Who can we contact for reference*? Malacethered, moved to Executus.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Not especially.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Sinde you have X-perl I want to suggest you to move all your raid group frames over your party frame and Hide party frame in raid.

Gives you a little bit more room Happy

If you dont understand i could post a Screenshot myself you show you what i mean.

HeiosKitazawa

Ye i will do thinking about it Happy cheers
Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Hey the Heios!

Im slightly bored so ill make Galsif's (Your classleader)'s Job slightly easier:

Gear:

On the face of it, it seems pretty solid majority of it is 264 which shows ICC25 raiding experience and you also have 2 crafted pieces which shows that you are willing to spend gold in order to increase your characters potential. You also have the Ashen Verdict revered ring which shows further experience in ICC. But, correct me if im wrong here, my tank knowledge isnt really up to scratch, but your Expertise seems low, but im guessing that your SoV glyph helps tide you over there, Also you hit rating is just a smidge low wink

Gems & Enchants:

Its pretty simple really, You have (What i know to be) the right meta and after that its pretty much stamina all the way, utilising any Expertise/Hit gems that you may also need, which i see you have already done.

Enchants are solid, nice to seethat you have the minor speed increase on your boots as it becomes very effective in ICC25, and most people generally tend to turn a blind eye on it and go crazy for stamina. Just be sure to replace the Pvp Shoulder enchant, unless its better than the SoH one and im being silly

Experience:

Its obvious that you have had -some- experience in ICC due to you fairly decent gear, but you have only cleared the lower spire on 10 and 25 man, this is a little behind what we are raiding at the moment, but im assuming that you have read up on tactics and know the fight perfectly in advance (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Overview:

On the cover, it seems pretty good, as stated above it seems to me like your up to scratch and ready for our ICC raids, your not quite up to the standards of our current tanks, but that can easily be improved

Im going to say vouch on the basis that we have the space for you.

~Blazeman/Shiv

Famous quotes from Mystikal:

Derdriu, should you die, my mockery will be both unending and merciless.
Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

...Whilst running random heroics, Halls of Stone comes up.
"Awww, fucking Balls of Stone, I hate this place"
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Hey there! I am Galsif the EoL paladin class rep!

Im gonna reply to this tomorrow seeing as atm I am raiding and ill be getting to drunk towards the end to do a proper one so I prefer doing a good one tomorrow!

Sorry for the waiting!

~!Galsif!~

Cocoblokos
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Wrong application i wanted to reply :P
Cocoblokos
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Blazeman / Shiv wrote:

Anyway i'd like to comment tongue out Do we? I can count 6 tanks of which 2 are paladins.

id like to say thanks for the replies guys, my shoulder enchants id say the SoH isnt as good as im def capped and the lil avoidance the def gives isnt much, and the dodge is relatively pointless in ICC? so the 30 stam enchant is pretty nice, in my opinion but id gladly change it.
err ye my expertise is 23 which is what im aware as the cap so thats fine, hit rating could be higer but with a dranei im 0.2% below cap not a major major problem?
soz for late reply been rather busy this weekend .
Thanks Heios.

sorry forgot to say ive read up on ALL tactics yes.

Heios

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Blazeman / Shiv wrote:

We actually really don't. Tanks we have plenty.

Quote:
id say the SoH isnt as good as im def capped and the lil avoidance the def gives isnt much, and the dodge is relatively pointless in ICC? so the 30 stam enchant is pretty nice, in my opinion but id gladly change it.

I use the stam one ;) So long as you're not gemming defense, Stick with it.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Sorry, you all seem to have misunderstood me, my vouch reason was very unclear and i apologise

What i meant was that id vouch, IF we had space for him

Apologies,

~Shiv

Famous quotes from Mystikal:

Derdriu, should you die, my mockery will be both unending and merciless.
Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

...Whilst running random heroics, Halls of Stone comes up.
"Awww, fucking Balls of Stone, I hate this place"
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Hey there, I am Galsif the EoL paladin class rep.

I will be evaluating your application and offer some advice / tips / critisme!

Gear:

On the face of it, it seems pretty solid. Just try and get 2x T10 ( preff head and chest ) try to get the EoF tank gloves (264) aswell to replace your T9 gloves! Also try and get TOC/ToGC25 tank boots instead of the crafted once seeing as the T10 chest would drop you a tad in defense! And tbh the crafted boots aint that good!

Gems & Enchants:

Its pretty simple really, gem stam! Pure stamina in every socket except for one! Put a [Shifting Dreadstone] in a red socket that gives you most stam reward ( usually the head ). Don't gem for hit or exp! They shouldnt really be a problem if your rotation is right your TPS should be aswell even if ure undercapped.

Experience:

Quote:
Its obvious that you have had -some- experience in ICC due to you fairly decent gear, but you have only cleared the lower spire on 10 and 25 man, this is a little behind what we are raiding at the moment, but im assuming that you have read up on tactics and know the fight perfectly in advance (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Verdict

I am going to say decline for this one purely on the basis that we are already overcrowded with tanks atm ( 6 tanks of wich 2 palla ) is just getting a bit much and I dont think we need anymore!

~!Galsif!~

oh ok shame.. well keep me in mind if a tank spot comes up, and thanks for the analysis of my gear ill make a few changes.
Heios

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Denied. We really don't have more space for tanks.

Jump to: