Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torlorf

re: Torlorf the Shadow Priest [Applications Closed]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Bulgarian

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Torlorf
Race: Dwarf
Class: Priest
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):66 days 23 hours and 5 minutes
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Torlorf
Set of glyphs used: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Torlorf
Willing to respec (to another role)? Of course I can be whatever is needed
Professions and their level: Alchemy and Herbalism both 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS-ing

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? I've done a lot of Kharazan, Gruul, SSC, OS, Onyxia's Lair, Naxx, ToC and a bit of ICC(only cleared 1st and part of 2nd wing)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes I can

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 5-6 or more if necessary

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? I dont really care about achievements so I wouldn't know

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Currently I mostly use my laptop which is core2duo 2.3 Ghz 4gb ram and 515 VC in dalaran I get around 45-50 fps in raid a little more

Do you ever have latency problems? Sometimes but only on very rare occasions

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? I already have them

Are you using any other addons? Buffalo, Grid and Bartender

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. Forum Image

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? I'm a Dwarf that combines the ways of Brewmastery with those of a man of the cloth

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? I started playing it shortly after it came out.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Well everywhere I am open to criticism

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?PvE RP PVP I like the cooperation of PvE, getting into character and RP and least of all I like PvP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 6-7 maybe more

Do you share your account with anybody? no

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Well before I stopped playing WoW I was a member of Survivors of Azhara. I didn't really left for a reason I just stopped playing wow for a while

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty well all three but cute above all

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! But ofc it doesn't have any relevance and yes I do know

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I want to join because it will give me a shot at ICC that I wouldn't otherwise get and I hope that it will give me an unique RP experience

Why do you think we should choose you? Because I am one hell of a priest ;)

Who can we contact for reference*? You could contact Liesje and I hope she'll vouch for me.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Only that regardless if I am accepted or not I wish each and everyone of you all the best and luck in all your future endeavors
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

This is one of the old crew, an original SoA member. I can definitely vouch attitude wise and I remember him to be a good priest back in the beginning of TBC.

@Isvan: review please.

Forum Pet

I'll do a Quick Review for you as the Resisent Squid Master is a slacker!

Spell Power is Very low, but obviously you don't have the best of gear so you should work on getting atleast the 2 Piece T10 bonus, No idea why you bought [Meteor Chaser's Raiment] you would have been much better off getting [Crimson Acolyte Raiments] as the Gloves shoulders chest and Helm you will need for the 4 set as the crafted legs are BiS.

Your gemming is a little strange as far as i know Gemming pure crit is a no no and should be hybrid gems atleast if im wrong isvan slap me but i dont think i am.

Also your haste is quite low you want atleast 700 - 800 as shadow for the content we are running.
your also nearly 1.5% over hitcapped you only need 10% if your not a draenai and 9% i you are so in a raid setting you will be majorly overcapped by nearly 2.5% which is a waste of stats and could be used elsewhere to bump up your low Spellpower, crit and haste.

Spec looks fine though i personally prefer 2/2 Imp Vampiric embrace and 2/2 Shadow reach as i dont have mana problems in raids so Focused mind is wasted though it may be different at your gear level.
Glyphs are fine though good to see you have all the main ones.

unfortunatly as you probably know we are running pretty much strictly Hardmodes in all our raids atm and at your gear level i don't thik you could help much and you wouldnt be able to keep up with the guilds current DPS.
though as your one of the original SoA members i would recommend Cheerleader while you join a few of the guilds Alt runs and fun raids we do outside of the Schedule while you gear up :D

thanks for applying though!

Oh right then I'll go hunt around for some better gear and then reapply once I've got it.
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Torlorf wrote:
Oh right then I'll go hunt around for some better gear and then reapply once I've got it.

Don't reapply, just update this one in a few days.

the name sounded familiar already yes Happy
Can't really comment on gear etc, and my knowledge about you as a person is also dodgy at best (since SoA was like 2+ years ago? Happy)

Me too Sullin, soon as i saw title i thought it sounded familiar
Waluin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Sullin wrote:
the name sounded familiar already yes Happy
Can't really comment on gear etc, and my knowledge about you as a person is also dodgy at best (since SoA was like 2+ years ago? Happy)

It's actually more than 3 years by now.

Man, time flies.

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Isvan
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

hey, I'm Isvan, EoL's resident shadow goat.

Gems and Enchants
You don't seem to have put much thought into your gemming. If you look up stat weights or check with people, you'll find that Spelldmg > Haste > Crit > Spirit. Put 23 spelldmg in red sockets, 12 spell/10 haste in yellows and 12 spell/10 spirit in blues (but only if the socket bonus is worth 6 spelldmg, 6 haste, 8 crit or more). Your Meta gem should be the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond, 3% crit damage is by far the best meta bonus and is definitely worth having to use 2 blue gems.
Enchants are lacking. You're missing 28 spelldmg on gloves, Tuskarr's vitality on boots, an eternal belt buckle, 30 spelldmg on your bracers, 10 stats on your chest, Black Magic on your weapon, 23 haste on your cloak. You should also switch your stam legs enchant for a spelldmg/spirit one.

Spec and Glyphs
You have most of it right. Focused Mind you can probably drop (a while ago I had less casting mp5 than you have there, and din't have problems). Improved VE and Shadow Reach aren't essential, though. There isn't much else to take unless you want utility stuff (Psychic Horror, Silence) or your tanks are terrible (Shadow Affinity).
Glyphs are good.

Gear
Meteor Chaser's Raiment isa bad choice. The Shadow t10 robe has the same stats, and 4 parts t10 is a ridiculously large DPS increase. Work for that, it should be your first thing to work for from emblems. You trinkets coulddo with an upgrade- go to ToC5 normal for the Abyssal Rune, or buy the Sundial of the Exiled for emblems. The Rune is better, but the Sundial is still an upgrade over the Sliver of Pure Ice.
You're using the Ashen Verdict healing ring. Swap it for the DPS one, which'll drop MP5 (useless) for hit (also useless). It'll probably give you enough that you can drop your hit trinket as well, though- that trinket is also not much of a good choice for Shadow. Another good trinket choice is the Nevermelting Ice Crystal from Pit of Saron heroic.
Your PvP gear pieces aren't much of a plus. If you're going to use Wrathful gear (presumably you just couldn't find anything better) use the Haste ones, not Crit.

I apologise for the massive wall of text crit, but I think I've covered everything. Try and work towards getting stuff put together and I'll have a look at your PvE skills sometime. In the meantime, as a Survivors of Azshara member, you're probably manage a cheerleader application.

-Isvan
Priest Class Representaive

Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Torlorf, how about an update on your current gear?

as far as I can tell from his Armory page, nothing has been updated.

Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

I hope someone has let you know, but EoL is going social. As an old SoA member if you wished to join socially, it's still possible (contact Liesje directly to sort this out ;)).

Gem

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: