Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

re: On RP and being OOC

Today one of our officers left the following complaint on the officer forum. I'm not saying names, since it's not important: I could've said the exact same thing and I'm sure we're not allone on this.

An Officer wrote:
I am sorry to see that RP is getting more poor. Ofcourse we need members to do our raids... but (and I won't say names seperate cause it is a long list) many members don't even respect RP, or know nothing about it. I asked a couple of members in /w to keep the OOC talk out of /s, and directed them to the forums on the RP sticky here. And the next day they do the exact same thing again. I don't want to police around and slap everyones face when they do a :P or Happy ^^ or BRB in /s. Heck they probaly don't even listen to me otherwise many would've stopped it allready.

I don't know what to do.. it is just sad to see things go like this.

Please everyone: Keep /say and /yell purely RP. I you have nothing to RP then don't use /say and /yell. If you meet someone in the street and wanna talk to them about their gear/progress/whatever that's not RP just whisper them. To you it won't be much of a difference if the text is pink or white, but it matters a lot to the people who are on this server ALSO for the RP.

I know a lot of people say that end-game and RP can't be combined in one guild, but RP has been a part of this guild from the beginning. And at least half of our older members joined us because of that. Don't disappoint them and keep your conversations in /w if you don't know what the hell RP is.

The Council

re: On RP and being OOC

/agree

i whisper ppl sometimes as well when they use emots in /say... i was pointed to this as well because i'm so used to smilies that i'm allready seeing a smile instead of the ascii chars...

So to all again... keep in mind that /say and /yell are to make some in-character conversation. I've read that the following things are bad to say in /say or /yell.

- emots
- levels
- short tags (brb, afk, 1sec, bio, plz, w8)
- talking about 'alts', 'mains' or other things that your character wouldnt understand. I find this one hard sometimes in conversations especially with strangers if i want to say "i've seen this before on my main".
- talking about personal stuff (i dont like that anyway i'm gaming to get out of the 'real world' not to talk about it)

you can macro things like "Oh wait a second... i'm really tired, give me a sec to catch my breath" and then go to the toilet Happy

It's always fun to rp while running or waiting at the raids anyway, not that i would like to devote time in an inn in stormwind normally but roleplaying while slaying enemies or waiting till everybody is there is a nice addition to the boring parts of the game...

And yes sometimes i forget about it myself too especially the emot part Happy but shit happens Happy as long as we try it will be great :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: