Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

re: Mainchange Application [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Illuvatar
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 24 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes 33 seconds
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Illuvatar&gn=Echoes+of+Lordaeron
Set of glyphs used:Fireball, Molten Armour and Living Bomb
Willing to respec (to another role)? I am always willing to spec to whatever is required for each encounter. Obviously, I am pushing the somewhat “passé” fire spec, but I believe with the right gear, attention and rotation it is a very viable spec. However, I have an arcane spec as well and will be always willing to play it when required.
Professions and their level:
Enchanting 450, Tailoring 450
What are your primary roles during a raid?
DPS, DPS, DPS, Strudels, Intellect Buffs, DPS, DPS, DPS
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Obviously I have been very very busy recently as you guys know, but previous to my time in echoes I was one of the founding members of conscience in what I like to call its “glory days”.
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
On certain days yes. Once the summer hits I will be around a lot more and look forward to raiding with you guys a lot more regularly.
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
Same as it is now. I always aim for two nights a week but I will always be upfront about my availability.
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
As I stated when I applied on Myrr, I’m not an achievement whore, but I am very proud of my Starcaller title.
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
I get about 50FPS in Dalaran from my GeForce 9800GTX
Do you ever have latency problems?
Yes, but its sporadic. Living in deepest darkest Sussex, I don’t yet have a broadband exchange, so I rely on radio broadband which is unreliable. However, on most occasions I have no problems.
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

Are you using any other addons?
Same as.
Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
Is this necessary in my case? If so I will amend...
RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? September 2006

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? My biggest problem when raiding is that I learn by doing. Reading tactics is all very well, but I dont really pick up a fight until I do it.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE, PvP, RP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Again, its fairly sporadic, but I do tend to spend a while, probably an average of 4 or 5 hours a day on.

Do you share your account with anybody? Nope

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Andrate Cadifors - At the time was a levelling guild, and I moved with my friend on to...Adiuvo Amicus - great guild, but disbanded while I was away for the summer, came back to form..Conscience - was in for a long time, came back from just over a years WoWbreak to join them for some raiding, including some server firsts in ToC25, but then they disbanded, and so I found myself in EoL (something I'm really not too upset about!!)

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty I find them to be cutely evil, and very tasty when roasted!

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Actually, she is more of goat...

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I've already joined...

Why do you think we should choose you?
I’m already in the guild. I hope I have made a good impression with the limited time I have had, and I am asking for a change.
Who can we contact for reference*?
Anyone you like
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Just that it has been such a pleasure to have been in echoes of lordaeron for the last few months. I understand that my availability is limited, but I have made the best effort I can when I have been around and have found most of you to be excellent company and a pleasure to raid with!
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Fire is not really "passe" it's just that arcane was OP in ToC and is in general easier to get better numbers with so most ppl play it.
Fire can do competative dmg and it's not really much who divides them!
Goodluck mate!

Upping the guild post count

With Acomas leaving theirs prob room for another mage i'm guessing, so good luck mate hope the switch gets the nod of approval. Although the fearsome (shes not really) Nanna and your class reps obviously will have a better idea of this.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Hey Myrrden!

I just wanna let you know that I have seen your application, and that I will have a closer look at it later to day Happy

Also need Illva to have a look at it aswell Happy

Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

All aboard the mage bandwagon

Whats that supposed to mean paddy? :P
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

I got one.

1 word: YOUDISSAPOINTMEH!!

Wait ... that 3 words without spaces ... Anyways hope you like playing mage better as Ze all mightly RoFLadins !

Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

re: Re: Mainchange Application

Myrrden wrote:
...I don’t yet have a broadband exchange, so I rely on radio broadband which is unreliable.

On this note, there's actually quite a strong case for you to play Fire.
Under a high(er) latency enviroment, Fire is punished less then Arcane.

Not to mention the added mobility, better AoE, better multi-target, etc.

Still, it's not till BiS HC 25man gear that Fire actually beats Arcane on single-target damage.

In terms of spaces in the set-up with Acomas departed we do have space for you on the mage team, however if the swap was approved there may be some occasions where I'll need to put you in as healer - would you accept that?

Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I am always willing to fill whatever role is needed Gem, should know that by now :P
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

re: Re: Mainchange Application

Chillchaos wrote:
Myrrden wrote:
...I don’t yet have a broadband exchange, so I rely on radio broadband which is unreliable.

On this note, there's actually quite a strong case for you to play Fire.
Under a high(er) latency enviroment, Fire is punished less then Arcane.

Not to mention the added mobility, better AoE, better multi-target, etc.

Still, it's not till BiS HC 25man gear that Fire actually beats Arcane on single-target damage.

Not all about damage as you stated though, Chilleh Happy

Don't forget that Fire brings the sexy +5% spell crit debuff, which we don't always get from our 'locks.

The majority of encounters within ICC25 are now sufficiently 'on farm' by us that topping the meters is a personal preference and not an actual raiding requirement Happy

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

While I am confident that once geared a bit I can comfortably compete with the arcane mages, my main drive for playing fire spec is that I find it interesting. Its more than just spamming a single spell, and as was rightly pointed out, it has good mobility, suffers a lot less from latency, and brings some things to the raid that might not be there already.
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

Yeah, good point, although Arcane brings Arcane Empowerment.
Then again, that one is easily overwritten by a Retradin, for example.
Don't really know how locks spec this patch, if anything has changed whatsoever.

Back2topic; it's always nice to see a "new" mage, although I'll leave to Illva if the gear and spec are up to standard.
(Then again, it's a mage, how wrong can it possibly be..? )
Might look into your mage later tonight, g'd luck on your app m8! Happy

Hey again Myrrden.

Since Gem has already stolen one of my questions I dont really got much to say :P

You've probably written it somewhere where I haven't really picked up on it, but why do ou wanna switch to your mage rather than being on your paladin? Happy

I can't remember if Illva is on a break, a comment from him or Chill would be pretty awsome in terms of judging rather you have the knowledge and gear theres needed Happy

Good Luck!

Norriel
The Recruiter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: