Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
whitemikki
Found the forum!

re: Mainchange Application [Accepted]

Maniok wrote:
Fire is not really "passe" it's just that arcane was OP in ToC and is in general easier to get better numbers with so most ppl play it.
Fire can do competative dmg and it's not really much who divides them!
Goodluck mate!

This is true and also most people dont have there gear itemised for Fire anymore. If i use my Arcane gear to DPS in fire i lose 2.5k DPS fully buffed. when I change out a few items to raise Crit and Hit it goes to within about 1250.

I cannot get fire up to Arcane atm but I am out of practice since Ulduar and with practice I am sure I can close the gap more.

The fact is Arcane is being dropped from later content due to the fact its a crappy mobile spec. fire will be needed IMo and in many fights will be ahead of Arcane.

His gear isn't brilliant tbh, but neither was Carina's when she mainswapped. So doubt it will be an issue.

The firespecc is fine, correct glyphs aswell. Didn't bother to check the other specc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTspam: I loved Fire in mid ulduar, on Yogg saron it was pretty much nothing that could beat me..Exept Toga (retarded DK) but he was aoeing. The opportunity to multidot makes the specc a whole lot more interesting than arcane imo, and yes the scorch buff was a pain in the ass back then, because noon ewanted to sacrifice their Glyph to glyph for it, Im glad theyve changed it!:P

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Forgot to log in..

Initiate chatterbox

To Nanna : I am changing because I don't really enjoy playing my paladin anymore - Myrrden has been my main since I started playing WoW and I guess I'm just bored. I have considered changing to my mage for a while now (back in TBC as well) and thoroughly enjoy the change and the new challenge it brings.

To Maniok: Of course my gear isn't great - this is an alt - he is geared up as best he can be pre-raiding - I have been to ICC10 once with him, literally a few days ago in a guild alt run. What do you expect? :P
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I didn't expect anything else, but if you go ahead and read the rest of the post it says it won't be a problem! wink

EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey m8!

I figured I'd do a quick run down of your gear and such, remember, I'm harsh and short, but it's well meant... wink

Gear isn't that bad at all, but some quick pointers;
- Be wary of Black Magic, it mostly wins out for Arcane, but haste will never come to the point it equals SP for Fire, so you might be better of with +63 SP
- Try to make up the Hit, and lose it from you gloves, the SP would be very welcome for you aswell
- Even if you utilize the Hit, Icewalker might not benefit a raiding mage as much as Tuskarr's Vitality would, as I understood there's quite some hefty movement in ICC wink

Quickly going through your spec;

Absolutely fabulous, nothing to comment to really!^^
The glyphs might need some work though...
Even without the Frost Warding or Molten Shields talent, the Frost and Fire Ward glyph could "proc", or rather, they could in the last patch.
Since I didn't read 'bout any change in behavior, I kinda presume they still do.
Take 'm, really, they're our only usefull minor glyphs! wink

I left your Arcane spec outta this all, since you apply as Fire, but we might want to sit down regarding that too, although Illva is quite capable of helping you out there, and around alot more...

All in all, G'd luck m8!

Just as a quick response...

Ironically, I literally just changed my 63 SP to black magic since I picked up that was what most mages were using these days - I'm actually getting a slight DPS increase from it, but I am willing to play around as always with that to see how that changes as my gear develops.

I realise the hit needs working on - that will come with the gear, tbh I have about as much hit as I can get atm - once I started moving into T10/Frost Emblem I'll get up to the cap as quick I can. Also, the current enchants are purely there as a filler while I get up to the cap. Totally agree with you about what I should have instead...

My arcane spec atm is not 100% there for raiding - I'm specced for slow, mainly because of the Saurfang encounter, and I am also missing the +range talent. This is stuff I am aware of, and until now, I am very much in the habit of "playing" with specs when it comes to alts - if I get accepted for the mainchange I will be a lot more disciplined and will alter this spec accordingly.

On the subject of minor glyphs, they can be changed quite happily - just gone for the major glyphs so far - I can easily lose slow fall and arcane int glyphs so no problems there I will take your advice on that!
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

The minor glyphs are handy but as fire you really can't go oom, so you should be more busy dotting up everything with LB!:p

Chatterbox

I am bit split here about what to say, because your gear are no way near progression fight requirements or even for fire.
I would like to see you put some more effort into getting atleast some t10 equevelant gear and also more crit if you wan't to be fire mage.

Then again we do lack mages atm, so having you in the team would be a good thing. I would really like to test you in a non main raid some day btw, like ToC or VoA. Pref ToC. wink

Your gems and enchants & glyphs seem fine, but I see you got bit too much hit. Maybe you want to swap your hit trinket soon for a better one when rest of your gear gets better.
You wont need more than 320 hit as fire in a raid environment where you have draenei and sp/moonkin.

I think Carinas mage had atleast 2set bonus from t10 + few other items from Icc10 when she applied btw.

~Illva- EoLmage CR.
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I'm getting mixed messages about hit. I have an alternative trinket for my arcane spec so swapping it out isn't a problem.

So far I haven't been able to get the emblems to get any t10 gear on my mage. Just getting 2 per day from dailies really isn't very many, especially when I am away doing gigs and cant do them for a few days on end.

I am asking for this change so that I can have the chance to do the raids, to get the emblems to gear the mage up - what else am I supposed to do - while he is still an alt, I don't get in the raids...people always want Myrr!

And as a little aside, if you want me to play arcane spec until I have the right gear for fire, then I am willing to accept that as a compromise...
Melbin /Deathbin

Pugs wtl :D usually with pugs you can get the first 4 bosses down which is nice boost to your emblems also do the weekly which is nice 5 emblems.
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I do know that...

Since Myrrden has been my main I have been doing them with him, and any pugs I seem to end up in fail on Marrowgar!

My point is I have done the absolute best I have been able to with the time I have had!
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

As an update I've got a new neck and belt from ICC10 today
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Keep it up, I'm sure Miriel will have an answer soon.

Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Well, I'm a little disappointed, but having had a chat with Nanna tonight I'm going to postpone this application for a few weeks, until I have more nights free and can farm gear on the mage.

Shame, but I understand
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: