Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Saylier

re: Saylier, Blood Tank & Unholy DPS [Accepted]

Arkas / Clawne wrote:
I can´t comment on tanking gear/talent/glyphs etc etc, but if you like, I could help you out with your DPS gear/talent/glyphs and so on. If you want me to, please say so and log off in your DPS gear/specc.

/Arkas

That would be amazing if you could

Let me just log out in DPS gear..

Hello!

I have some history with Saylier too, as he has applied to Disillusion several times. Latest app.

I can safely say that he has improved over time. His skills have never been a problem, but he has become more tolerant to criticism. Infact the barrier between him and our guild has been his history with some on our members, and his reputation that follows him.

A lot of that reputation is outdated. While the friction between some of my fellow guildies and Saylier prevents me from giving him a trial, I can recommend him if your guild's members are more tolerant of him.

Mat

-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Heya Saylier, this is what I think of your DPS gear/specc:

Gear: This is of course your off specc, so you don´t have the most imba gear. But as you´re using T9, you probably want to try use 4 set bonus until you get T10 2 set bonus. I personaly don´t like having a weapon with Hit/Expertise just because as soon as you get a new weapon, You´re in trouble with the Hit/Expertise. Also try replace the Expertise trinket, it sucks, but I do see you need the Expertise.

Gems: You want to use [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond] and then [Nightmare Tear] / [Sovereign Dreadstone] to activate it. [Inscribed Ametrine] is personal preference. Else you can just gem Strength.

Enchants: Looking good. Can always replace AP Enchant on boots to Tuskarr´s Vitality.

Talent/Glyphs: Unless you´ve a procc weapon, you should be going with 17/0/54 or when you get T10 2 set bonus you should be going with 14/0/54. Glyphs are included.

I think that´s about it.

Good luck with your application.

/Arkas
Saylier

Thank you for your guideness, I definetely look into it Happy

and btw, I just topped 95 Frostie's yesterday night, what would you say is best to go for with them? .. (I though about the helm myself, but I like to hear your PoV aswell) Happy

Why not. It´s hard for me to know how you think about replacements of your gear. But go for it, try keep T9 2 set bonus as long as you can, until you get T10 4 set bonus I mean of course.

The set bonuses of T10 are really good, but 2 set bonus is the most important set bonus to get. That´s why I went for Shoulder/Gloves first when ICC came. But I had full T9 and I knew what and when I replaced an item.

You want to keep bonuses as long as you can, but you need to think about your stats when you replace something.

I hope you understand what I´m saying here.

/Arkas
Saylier

Quote:
I hope you understand what I´m saying here. Happy

I do, T9/10 set bonuses grants you all alot of benefits, so always have one of them up at least, this is why I am getting the helmet then since I wanna have the T9 2 set bonus going while I am having the T10 2 set bonus aslong as I can

Quote:
You want to use [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond] and then [Nightmare Tear] / [Sovereign Dreadstone] to activate it.

Yeh I know, but then the problem is that I got no blue sockets in my gear apart from my Chest which has: 2x yellow sockets and 1x blue, shall I put Inscribed Ametrines in the yellows then, or just wait till I get another chest/other piece of armor with a blue socket?

Quote:
I personaly don´t like having a weapon with Hit/Expertise just because as soon as you get a new weapon, You´re in trouble with the Hit/Expertise. Also try replace the Expertise trinket, it sucks, but I do see you need the Expertise.

I though about that, and I came up with a conlusion. How about I get the 50 EoT Trinket with hit and replace it with Victor's Call? Then I'll be able to get a proc-weapon like Bryntoll without loosing too much Hit Happy

I know that this might take me down on expertise, but out from what I know, expertise isn't a that big deal, since most of Unholy specced Death Knights ability's are based on spell dmg, am I right?

I would say wait til you get a blue socket then.

You don´t want to go under 20 Expertise even though Hit is more important, yes. Dodging with your SS/BS is NOT fun, can screw up your rotation. And well, you´re on Hit cap, so you can replace items, but you still need to think about not losing too much Hit and Expertise.

/Arkas
Aeolthelwen
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Been into a icc10 pug yesterday with him, i have to say i had a bit of negative view whenever i heared the name Saylier becuz i heared not much good stuff about him.

Still, one thing is sure, his leading yesterday was nice, ok sometimes he says strange stuff as 'Don't you wanna stay loyal to me?' which made me giggle really, but anyway my point is: He does great in leading. The only minor stuff happening in that icc were stuff he couldn't do much about it: - Tringle going 'soz have to go, i got a phone irl' than goes offline before a boss, i surely hope you never went 'how dare you go offline on saurfang in our raids, Saylier' in one of his applications. Secondly was some shammy who rolled after the countdown on hc midnight sun and was QQ because it went to another one.

For now i'm gonna vouch him, if he has a bad attitude/behaviour we can still kick him, that's what there is trial for.

Aeol.

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Im sure Jaenus will be dealing with your application soon enough.
If not then fear my wrath when I will have to deal with it ;)

Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Was in the same icc 10 pug. No offence Saylier, but considering your reputation I was expecting to wipe on marrowgar envy
Was pleasantly surprised, everything went smoothly until gunship (QQing shaman ). He was a very good tank and a good leader. But hey next time u ask why ppl arent on vent, ask yourself if u have given the vent info twisted

All in all didnt see any problem skillwise or attitudewise. Its a /vouch from me.

Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

I'll vouch for the second chance; I suggest you learn up on LK and HMs prior to joining to give you the best possible chances.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Aeolthelwen wrote:

'Don't you wanna stay loyal to me?'

I'm starting to like him more and more
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Just got back from Holiday and cba to read it all. I did get asked by Suo about you b4 I wenton holiday, since you applied there. What happened with that?

It seem that the members from Disillusion just couldn't accept me as one of their own, which resulted in that Mat had to decline me (once again).

Saylier wrote:
It seem that the members from Disillusion just couldn't accept me as one of their own, which resulted in that Mat had to decline me (once again).

Do you think this would be different in EoL? I suppose it would be rather though for you to prove yourself to us. Socially that is.

Page 5 of 6

Jump to: