Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
-Pug-
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Pug - warlock application [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Turkish

Pug

PVE

Name:Pug
Race:Human
Class:Warlock
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):
134days/3hours

Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=pug

Set of glyphs used:
Major - Haunt / Quick Decay / Life Tap
Minor - Drain Soul

Willing to respec (to another role)?
got dual spec both affliction but can spec another, depends on situation ..

Professions and their level:
enchanting 450/450
inscription 450/450

What are your primary roles during a raid?
Dps only

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
clear till counsil in ICC

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
yes i can

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
3-4

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
overall pc, in dalaran 55-65fps and raids 45+

Do you ever have latency problems?
no

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
yes i can

Are you using any other addons?
yes i do

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
http://i46.tinypic.com/s6m7tz.jpg

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
will obey rules as they are

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
prefers to be quiet & just does his job

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
early TBC

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
helping dps, as affliction i believe i do have good dps

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
pvp
pve
rp

unlike other people i like pvp much more and luv arena/bg

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
5-6 days of a week & least 5hours

Do you share your account with anybody?
no i dont

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
lately imperium.. i cant seem to have the proper raids here, i've looking for..

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
tasty

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
doesnt matter for me

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
for proper raids, im not happy with my current guild

Why do you think we should choose you?
because i am dedicated

Who can we contact for reference*?
Azade

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Would like to learn what others think about me any comments good or bad, are welcome..

Chatterbox

Pug iv a very nice good guy. Good attitude and preetty good skillz as well. Allways eager to hear any constructive criticism and strives to improve.

Definetely eol material. /vouch

PS. Pug log out in pve gear!

-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Nice application.

Are you using PvP items when you raid?

Raid experience is a bit low, do you learn tactics well?

I also hope you won´t be too much of a PvPer when we raid and so on.
This is a raiding guild after all.

Will leave the rest to our Warlock´s.

Good luck with your application!

/Arkas
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Wait; you! I remember you! In the mountains!

... I tend to see this guy in PuGs, ironic, aye, but he does perform well whenever I've seen him. A vouch for the player, in any case.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
-Pug-
Initiate
Found the forum!

Arkas / Clawne wrote:

-Are you using PvP items when you raid?
-Raid experience is a bit low, do you learn tactics well?

-I also hope you won´t be too much of a PvPer when we raid and so on.
This is a raiding guild after all.

/Arkas

-yes, i am using 1 or 2 (which are neck/wrist) pvp item, i couldnt get the drop that has haste on it (so far unfortunately).

-i have cleared 1st + 2nd wing , i do know tactics very well within these borders, and im always ready to learn if there is something i should learn, i used to watch bossfights before the raid starts. (if i havent done/seen it before)

-in the order it may look like pvp comes before pve , but it doesnt mean i always pvp instead of pve , i just like pvp concept more than pve thats it, and i am aware of this guild is s a pve guild, which means pve comes first for me ..

-there wont be any other thing i got to do (like pvp) "on raid time".. those things will be done on spare times , in other words when there wont be any raids..

Thank you,
Best.

Chatterbox

he's not a gnoem. no vouch from me.

Likes forums

Azmodyr wrote:
he's not a gnoem. no vouch from me.

Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Heya, I'm the warlock class leader. Thank you for applying to EoL.

First impression of the application: looks good. A bit short answers sometimes, understanding of written English looks good.

Experience: You're lacking quite a lot of harder bosses in the instance, when we're about to crack their hardmodes. We require that every member knows each fight in and out (regarding their own class ofcourse). First and Second wing really aren't good enough tbh.

Gear: Gear looks good, although you should replace some items. Neck is good, although the resi kinda sucks (but spell and haste are good, but missing a gem slot). Same with wrist item, spellpower and haste are good, but could use some crit and a socket.

Try replacing the following items:
- Leggings (T9, try to get T10 or the crafted ones (T10 aren't the best, but they do beat the T9 ofc)).
- Feet (try to get deathfrost ones if you can't get an upgrade any other way) or at least something better than the 219 ones by running some pugs.
- Trinket #1 (PVP ofc)
- Trinket #2 (PVP ofc)
- Weapon, a MH and an OH pretty much annihilate all staffs.

Questions: How are you on changing to an MH and OH setup (you have any decent ones lying around) and which trinkets do you have that are PVE oriented.
Gemming and enchanting looks spot on btw, so kudos there.
Haste and Hit look at good levels, but you could use a bit more crit (mainly due to the PVP items). Somewhere around 25% seems to be a good mark.

PVP over PVE: I don't really care what you do when you're not raiding, but we do want our members to prioritize PVE over PVP. If you are being asked to step out of your 5v5 or some BG you're doing to help us fill an empty spot, we expect you to do that to help out the guild (unless you have a good excuse ofcourse). In return of providing good and scheduled raids to our members we want them to provide us with their full commitment. We don't want members to see our raids as a train where they can just pop on and off whenever they feel like it and not care about everything that floats around it.

Talents and specs (Covering the 56/0/15 spec since the other one is for PVP): Spot on. Right glyphs, right choices. If you're going to be accepted for initiate I would like you to change your pvp spec to something which suits the raid, either Destro (with/without SL) or Demo for the DP buff. We want you to be equally proficient in each spec.
Which comes to my next question: What is your experience as a Demo and a Destro warlock?

If you would be so kind to reply to the above questions and comments we can evaulate your application further.

Once again, thank you for applying to EoL.

Experience: Yes , unfortunately i had to quit wow because of some irl situation, nearly for a year, and i came back 2months ago, i still learn something everyday and i must admit that my experience is low in some situations for your guild.

*Leggings - will look for it as you told

*Feet - will be done in few hours (changing it to deathfrost, enchants & gems will be done)

*Trinkets/ MH+OH - unfortunately i lack of them, don't have any good to change atm, i will be looking forward to get some drops asap.

PVP over PVE: As i stated and you mentioned, if im asked for raids while im doing arena/bg(pvp stuff or anything else) i will come, you can always count me in. There wont be excuses i can assure you , unless i have something more important irl which makes the situation i wont even be able to come online for sometime.

Talents and Specs: i was playing as desto and hybrid on ulduar time.
As desto i used to play 3/13/55.
As hybrid i was playing 0/41/30.

i also must say that im not that much experienced with "full" demo spec, which makes me prefer desto to demo spec. Im very well experience with any desto spec.

Thank you.

Found the forum!

Dnz wrote:

*Leggings - changing to "Woven Death" until tomorrow night

Forum Pet

Quote:
*Trinkets/ MH+OH - unfortunately i lack of them, don't have any good to change atm, i will be looking forward to get some drops asap.

Big fan of the Triumph Emblems trinket myself. Your haste is always mentally high, you have that, Eradication, then of course Heroism and your 'passive' haste. Not to mention it helps a great deal with hit issues (gives almost 5%). You'll need to drop a bit of hit that way - not that much, you're below cap right now - and you can do exactly what I did, which is replace your current boots with the WGlad ones (more haste, SpP, etc.). Also if I'm not mistaken the WGlad haste cloak is superior to the cloak you have right no.

Then I read something about the Nevermelting Ice Crystal beating out ICC HC trinkets under the right circumstances due to corruption using the crit you have at moment of application and continues to use that amount when refreshed through Drain life/Shadow Bolt etc. .

That's correct. If you use the ice crystal for the 920 crit and then cast corruption it will keep using that crit value (if you can keep corruption up that is). If it falls off, just reuse to trinket and cast corruption. Haven't tried it myself, but there is ofcourse a point where the added crit on corruption ticks is outweighed by pure spellpower or haste benefits on other trinkets (since the 920 crit is only for the corruption ticks whereas all the other spells get reduced effects after casting them).

Having two pvp trinkets is really bad. They add a fair chunk of spellpower/haste, but offer no useful on use or chance stuff. I suggest to get the nevermelting ice crystal (especially since your affliciton mainspec) and maybe muradin's spyglass, which is pretty easy to get if you can run the first wing of ICC10 (although everyone will roll on it ofc).

Good to see that you're changing your feet and leggings. Also good choices (the tier 10 leggings are not as good, and most ppl don't go for them).

Just noticed on his amoury that he already bought the Shard. The Ice Crystal is easily farmable, especially with guildies.

I wouldn't nitpick on his gear too much, though. If he pulls acceptable with his gear as it is now I'd just invite him and take him along to some ICC10 runs - the Spyglass is an easily attainable and quite good trinket to replace his current second trinket. EoL already takes really quite a lot of time to assess gear and whatnot before deciding whether or not to invite (my current raid comm takes a set 2 days).

With my exame passed I now have time to look after the applications again.

I promise you I will look at it the first thing tomorrow, today I just wanna relax!

Norriel
The Recruiter.

Btw I remember Pug from JE as an agro whore but otherwise really good warlock ;)

Initiate
Found the forum!

*Legs - changed it "t10-dark coven" , i have the full set atm

*Feet - deathfrost boots

now i aim to get new pve trinkets , and i am aware i have way too much hit atm , will work on it , proly will transfer it to crit

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: