Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Laz (Aureya)

re: Aureya - Application for Cheerleader/War Veteran [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Aureya
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 89 Days
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&ts=5&t=Our+Healers+Killsteal&select=Our+Healers+Killsteal
Set of glyphs used: You'd not understand my choices.
Willing to respec (to another role)?
Professions and their level: Jewelcrafter / Enchanter.

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Been a member of the echoes since midway through Naxxramas. Having been in attendance on most progression fights and having raid lead some as well.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes, however i no longer find myself feeling the urge to push. When the officer team announced they no longer wished to push as a guild in TBC my motivation to raid suffered its final blow. I've never been a fan of Raszagal being an officer and knew full well he'd cause issues from day one. Well the stopping of the echoes raiding in my eyes counts.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? I won the Echoes first annual PvP Tornie and was awarded the Title "Spud". And it was a hard fought competition with many tears (mainly edri's, and how sweat they were!)

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Enough.

Do you ever have latency problems? Rarely.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Well as a raider i believe addon's are required as a sort of "flick my ear when i'm in fire and help me not faceplant the floor". So yes, i use add ons.

Are you using any other addons? Yup.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. http://wow.zuggaming.com/wp-content/uploads/wotlk_retribution_paladin.jpg

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Hates any form of druid that takes it upon themselves to moan or bitch about how they've dedicated their lives to tree's... and grass... and how they feel they're not powerful enough in against members of the opposing faction. I mean druids are powerful and have very powerful tools and are a very powerful overpowered class that have no rights to moan. I mean any druid that moans about any spec thats not overpowered just needs to take it upon themselves to point out the minor faults in their classes and ignore entirely their strengths and weaknesses. I mean druids, bah!

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? A while back.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Patience.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvP, PvE, RP.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 4 roughly

Do you share your account with anybody? Nope, unless you count my super hot girlfriend who likes to log on and mess with my bank every now and then.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty They make good garden items, but they get grouchy if you try and water them.... or make tripod jokes.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! She rerolled.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Already did

Why do you think we should choose you? Who else would be sarcastic? You'd miss me.

Who can we contact for reference*? Holyspawn would definatly give me a reference. I advised him on his spec and gear and he's one of SSL's finest PvP'ers. Here just check out his armoury! http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Holyspawn

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? I added the War Veteran part to my application because mystikal never did answer any of my questions after being repromoted the first time and having been an officer i felt i warranted the rank pending my stepping down as an officer.

Forum Pet

Shame you don't wanna raid actively anymore but I think a fair few are heading that way (myself included) so can't blame you at all. For the record I think you should be war vet even after all thats gone on for your work raidleading/class rep during ulduary time. But what does my opinion matter anyway? wink

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Re: Aureya - Application for Cheerleader/War Veteran

That application is so full of win :D but

Laz (Aureya) wrote:

Why do you think we should choose you? Who else would be sarcastic? You'd miss me.

Pfft, anyway

Big vouch from me, a rare player who excells at anything they decide to do. And of course a nice friend for the last few years.
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

We've got enough pricks. Can we afford to keep all of them? :p

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

I don't mean to be harsh, but applying for cheer after getting limbo for not signing is a tad on the late side. You should have thought of it first. By not signing without any notice you show a complete disregard for the guild as a whole and now as reward you ask for a spot in the social ranks?

*Stamp of CLF's (Cheerleader Liberation Front) approval*

We of the Cheerleader Liberation Front welcome you with open arms, even though your a retripainz

And if you have War Veteran title.

Moar rights for cheerleaderz! 1 chopper/cheerleader from gbankgoldz should be a right!

Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Saraesa / Liesje wrote:
I don't mean to be harsh, but applying for cheer after getting limbo for not signing is a tad on the late side. You should have thought of it first. By not signing without any notice you show a complete disregard for the guild as a whole and now as reward you ask for a spot in the social ranks?

Actually I'd look at it this way.. Getting Limbo'ed makes a person stop and think why they've been not signing for raids, and it seems he's realised it's just not something he can fit into 4 hours an evening right now. I'd take no repsonse after getting Limbo'ed to be a "disregard for the guild". Responding by evaluating the situation and making a decision is at least something, even if the decision should have come sooner. Better late than never?

Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

not vouching sorry

Initiate chatterbox

It´s a shame you won´t be raiding anymore.
Though, I´m still going to give a huge vouch for War Veteran rank!
I think you deserve it, you were one of the best raid leader in the guild!

I hope we´ll raid together again some time!

I also agree what Carina said.

Btw, nice application!

Once again, huge vouch for War Veteran rank!

/Arkas
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

So, let me get this straight. You come in and make a cheerleader application that's a public attack on a good portion of the Officer team and then expect to have it supported?

Remind me again why I should vouch...?

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Because he has been a long term member that has stood by the guild through bad times and good?
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Same reason I should Mysti...

Once upon a time Laz was an asset (this is last year now), time and time again we've supported him though ninja looting, ignoring or insulting people/officers, deleting characters to leave the guild, refusing to help on his tank after his main change to name just a few, not kicked him due to this fact even when we really should have done because it's always the same.

Being a twat to the whole officer team at one point or another, attacking fellow guild members and not signing/signing off is a good base for War Vet.... seems only people who least deserve it for their attitides feel as though they should have it anyhow.

No vouch.

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Laerel1 wrote:
Because he has been a long term member that has stood by the guild through bad times and good?

Not an excuse to act the way he has towards some people over the past several months. We have to take into consideration that this will continue to happen as a Cheerleader.

I'm not vouching.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

re: Re: Aureya - Application for Cheerleader/War Veteran

Laz (Aureya) wrote:
It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

You missed two questions.

I've not experienced the attitude other than on one occasion when he said something i didn't (although probably should have) reacted to. "Sorry but you are not even 1/2 of Derdriu".

While, I am not going to argue this one way or the other, my question is, does this guy have any tact?!

Sorry but no vouch
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: