Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Andromel
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Aureya - Application for Cheerleader/War Veteran [Declined]

You shouldnt feel shit liesje, the officers made a judgement and some of us expressed an opinion, simple as that.

From my point of view im sad Laz didnt get a cheer spot but if i was going to challenge the judgement or i felt id lost faith in the officer team id think you have known me long enough to realise my post would be a lot more "colourfull" in its wording.

Healing the dps is like growing flowers, at some point you just have to let them die.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Mandromel has spoken!

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Saraesa / Liesje wrote:
there was more than enough reason to think he would not just become a friendly, non-offending cheerleader if promoted.

What did you think he was going to do? Try to split the guild in two, cause it to go social in a few months and make a spin-off 10man guild? Oh wait there's enough people doing that already and it's not like they're getting kicked for what they're doing.. Regardless, all he's asking for is to just be able to be a social part of the guild. You're saying you'll let him raid and be another number to fill the gaps in the setup, but as a person you want him to piss off and disappear because he's not welcome.

Saraesa / Liesje wrote:
These vouches after the decision has been made are doing nothing but make the officers (make me) feel shit about a decision we will not turn back.

Do you not wonder why there are members saying they can't understand this decision?
Do you not wonder why you feel shit? Because maybe deep down you know you're giving in to those holding grudges and wanting to play power games.

Laz (Aureya)

I just can't help but feel you're holding grudges from my time in the officer team months ago. I've not been the one causing any shit storming or issues I've just been raiding and enjoying my time. If I'd really caused that many issues in the past months surely some of the people stepping up now as members to say i deserve the spot if not because I've earned it but because I'm a friend. You ask if i can sit on the sides and be a friendly member of the guild? Of course i can. Hell i like pity as a person and he might dislike me but even he agree's i deserve this. The main issue i caused in the officer team was stating that i disagreed with Raszaghal being made an officer for the issue's he and his brother (they do have a "if no takes shit the others taking shit and jump in" attitude") and that'd it'd cause strife and cause more issues than solve. That's the past, since then i've gotten on and raided, PvP'ed and overall not been the one jumping in at every oppourtunity to troll forums, cause shit in applications, moan in raids and generally be a hater.

The issues i did cause are long gone and its almost as if the problems i had in the past are being used as the sole purpose behind me being turned away now. I've always been a proud member of this guild and have never stepped into trade and slandered our name, always been in character in any RP setting and promoted the guilds name through PvP. The issues i caused for the guild lie mainly within the officer forum, out of sight from the vast majority of the member team and where directed at the people my issues laid with and to this day i don't regret stating them. I said that there'd be issues and even members within the officer team have agreed what i said would happen has begun to show true.

I'm trying to avoid causing yet another shit storm with slander flying left and right. What i'm asking for isn't that unreasonable is it? To stay within the guild i've earned my spot in over the last year to remain social whilst this expansion draws to a close. I'm going to be increasingly missing and i don't want to hear second hand or watch third hand the goings on's of my friends and guilde's. You seem hell bent on saying i'll cause more issues by being in the guild now than by not but what damage can i cause to a guild that's going social when i rarely enter forum debates anyway? I've only asked one person to post here and she hasn't, but the member stepping up now are my friends and people i've known for a long time and grown to enjoy talking to. I don't directly talk with Red, Andromel, and loads of others and by being kicked i never will get the chance again really to speak without purpose to just ask how they're getting on.

Is what I'm asking really that much when if I'd raid you'd be willing to keep me?

Ah, once again people dragging possible Cata 10-man guilds into a discussion to derail a subject.

The guilds are due to be made as a consequence of EoL going social, not the other way round. Get your facts straight or don't bother to post.

On topic: You're basically asking the officer team to give you carte blanche to remain in the guild and continue abusing us, and certain select members, whenever you feel like, but also without having to give anything back to those you're holding a grudge against, and also being virtually impervious to a guild kick. We know demotion to Limbo doesn't stop you from acting that way, so what else to do?

Can't help but notice the ones stepping up to vouch for you are those you haven't attacked or abused, whereas the ones speaking out against you have often been repeated targets of your ire. What an outcome! I would never have predicted that that would happen!

And you talk about 'long gone' problems, when you were slagging me off publicly in guild chat less than 3 weeks ago. Selective memory much?

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hey laz feel welcome too apply here www.Rumseyrumblers.wowstead.com
We dont have secret forums or chats and if you yell at us you can yell at us
ur always welcome here for a social spot or whot ever you want

Laerel- We've had our ups and downs but by no means has she never suffered me. In 3's i ranted to the point where i left the team. But she was equally stressed and we've made up. By no means not seen my bad side and agree's i deserve my spot here.

Denize, never had a real issue with denize and infact only ever gotten on with her. Consider her slightly biased but who isn't? She was willing to consider my spot but too nice to go against the officers.

Andromel, Can't say much really, love the guy too much and if i think of someone that is a sort of flamekeeper for the spirit of EoL lies soley with him

Arin, ... is a douche. Solid raider, amazing PvP'er and never had issues with him. So can't comment, did call him a douche on a few occasions but nothing serious.

Styiez; Styiez replaced edri as "that annoying rogue on vent" and i explained i dislike him. He's seen the harsh side of my tongue and been in numerous raids with me. We have our ups, and we have our downs.

Ruzzle,

Qeal I farmed his 5v5 team and personally killed him three times after stunning him in 5's games. (He loved it really!) Not had issues with qeal but he's been here and seen everything and thinks i deserve it.

Dunedain; I was his Class Leader and we had crossed words during his first and second trials resulting in him going to Taz at times for advice. By no means my best of friends but we talk and we get on. Good and the bad yet thinks i deserve my spot.

Psschotaz The person i miss most within the guild having seen them leave. Left us at the best point when he was at a sort of pinnacle and will always be in my eyes the best officer from a leading standpoint and infallibility point of view. Bit of an arse and we had numerous conversations and points where we threw slander at each other but we got along well and i loved raiding with him. When we lost taz the guild took a body blow, and i feel he'd agree i deserve my social spot.

Red; Always in my eyes was the glowing version of what an amazing shaman class leader would look like, and for months wanted him to step into the fray. Never had a single issue with red and is one of the "pillars" of our raids. Always there, always ready, never AFK. He thinks i deserve my spot.

Tringle Never had many issues, always got along.

Lynn- I've berated lynn telling him to shut the fuck up on so many occasions it almost shortened itself on vent to a "Lynn..." We've had lots of falling's outs and he still thinks I'd be ok here.

I could link most of the people in this guild in a manner similiar to this if you'd like, or i could ask them to post. Yes i have disagreements with people, but by no means do i cause hate crimes and abuse out of spur of the moment style attacks. If taking the piss out of druids and your almost unrealisitic belief that you're not overpowered in most ways is... Comical and that's why we poke fun at you. Everyone does it but you're saying now that I do it out of spite. I don't abuse the officer team as much as you all seem to make out.... I haven't even bothered to mention my complete disdain at the fact the guilds going social and started pointing fingers...

Stop making this into i abuse the officer team because i don't. Stop making this into i cause abuse because i dislike azade and she gives as much as she takes. The officer team might still hold grudges but i don't see half the member core here lining up to slate me, there's Azade and pity (with pity even agree'ing i deserve my spot) and some officers that have had fun poked at them in the past weeks. Theres no other members stating quite clearly "Get rid of him, he's nothing but abusive" because i'm not. If i dislike someone they know about it but i'm not malicious like you seem to make out.

Stop making this about topics from months ago. This is me asking to remain in the guild now.

Forum Pet

Okay well this most likely wont make a lot of sence but nevermind, I'll give it a shot.

To me, laz is the old racist grandfather of EoL. He says a lot of things that make people uneasy or just out right offends them, and he probly knows he is doing it, but you keep him around because he is a part of the family, and thats how he is.

Much like how your grandad is more or less the essential part to you being alive, laz did a lot for this guild during the ulduar release and probly before then. I did say this before and I got some half arsed reply but I do feel like its been easily forgotten.

Now I know the desicion is final ect and normaly I wouldnt post after its been closed, but he has asked me to and as a long time friend and he person that made me come here just over a year ago I feel like I kind of owe it to him.

And anyway, isnt eol all about second chances?
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Laz (Aureya) wrote:

Yes i have disagreements with people, but by no means do i cause hate crimes and abuse out of spur of the moment style attacks. If taking the piss out of druids and your almost unrealisitic belief that you're not overpowered in most ways is... Comical and that's why we poke fun at you. Everyone does it but you're saying now that I do it out of spite. I don't abuse the officer team as much as you all seem to make out

ROFL. You think I'm vouching against because you poke fun at Druids? You truly are either stupid or deluded if you believe that.

You insulted my twin and called him a retard, then did the same to me. Then you dared to blame me for EoL going social, even though it was the GMs decision, laid down hopes of all things dire happening to me and accused me of trying to split the guild up.

That's not 'poking fun'. That's verbal abuse and deformation of character. And the latter happened 3 weeks ago, not 'months ago'. But then, that weakens your case, doesn't it, so of course you wouldn't mention it. Silly me...

Laz (Aureya)

You have a very deluded memory and don't call me stupid because we both know that's just not true. Did i start that conversation you're referring to or was it one that sparked up around the time everyone was both confused and annoyed that the guild was splitting. I didn't start it but the main people involved did. I actually kept out of it and isn't this the part where you have screen shots saying i said these things? Because I'm certain i didn't.

I've not even spoken about the guild split in much detail to anyone so when did i just turn around and openly blame you and your brother for whats happening to the guild? If i did say anything along those lines it'd be splashed all across the officer forums and almost certainly lead to an instant Limbo rank. If i'd abused you or your brother publicly mysti you'd have jumped at the chance to try and dress me down but it seems nothings happened. If i'd been downright abusive you'd have not have stood for that and quite rightly so. You've probably just either misinterpreted something some one else has said in a conversation about the split and laid it at my feet now and trying to make me look bad. I will openly call you a retard for thinking druids are underpowered and that they're not overpowered in certain situations as will most people, but don't start saying i insulted you and your brother in the process since that IS a deluded statement to make.

Serious Troll <3

Carina (Mirena) wrote:
You're saying you'll let him raid and be another number to fill the gaps in the setup, but as a person you want him to piss off and disappear because he's not welcome.

I already said we don't want him to stay and raid.

Carina (Mirena) wrote:
Do you not wonder why there are members saying they can't understand this decision?

I know why there are members saying that. I don;t have to wonder. We did include it in our decision making.
Carina (Mirena) wrote:
Do you not wonder why you feel shit? Because maybe deep down you know you're giving in to those holding grudges and wanting to play power games.

I feel shit because I have given up hope that Jake will be like he was before. I don't like giving up hope in people. It is something I rarely do. And I would have liked some more guild support in a decision that has been very hard for me to make.

Laerel1 wrote:
isnt eol all about second chances?

He's had at least 4 already.

The decision is final.
Aureya, you have till Monday 20:00 to say your goodbyes and leave on your own terms. Monday at 20:00 I will kick you along with some more limboes if you're still here.

This sounds harsh, but I don't know how to bring it otherwise.

Take care.

Karin

You were an active participant in that conversation, Laz. Whether you started it or not is irrelevant - you took part and sided with those ideals, aimed directly at me. You certainly didn't stay quiet and actually egged on those involved. That's not 'staying out of it'.

I'll say again so you can't twist it - you participated. That's what I said. I never accused you of starting it, only of taking part. And taking part makes you culpable.

Also the whole poking fun at Druids thing is delicious. I've never once said Druids are underpowered, in fact I've openly admitted that Restos are OP in PvP. I have said, and do still say, that Balance is weak in both areas of the game.

And guess what? Blizzard agrees with me.

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Mysti, Aureya, let's not make this about your quarrel shall we?

I'm trying to make this about the fact i'm being denied my Cheerleader spot and I'm being denied. I'm trying to avoid this topic but he's making me out to literally have a vendetta of some sort against him. I've clearly stated i don't want to carry on raiding, only remain social. The only way of doing that is by making a formal application to become a cheerleader (Or war Veteran). Besides the officer team there's very few people opposed to me remaining within the guild except the person i didn't want to rejoin weeks ago but she was given a chance. I'm asking for the same thing.

Ever so eager to reply

You missed me in your post. I've overlooked pretty much everything you've done from your initiate post to this day. I've seen you as our Nab-Tank-Initiate-Post-Spam, our Mim10 Server first Tank, an Officer and Raid-leader in this Guild, you stepping down from Officer and the events to follow. Although reluctant at first, your shift in attitude has been apparent for a number of months. I stand by the decision Liesje has stated.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: