Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Hesrod
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Hessy - Doomkin [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Irish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Hessy
Race: Night Elf
Class: Druid
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 15Days 23hours 5Mins
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Hessy
Set of glyphs used: Moonfire, Starfall, Starfire
Willing to respec (to another role)? I am willing to gear Resto
Professions and their level: Tailoring 438 Engineering 486

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Icc10/25 to Proffessor
Naxx 10/25
Ulduar to Freya 10/25
Os 3d 10/25
Ony 10/25
totc 10/25

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? all of them

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Rather old Computer, 2-3 years, I get 30+ FPS In 10man raid bosses and dalaran

Do you ever have latency problems? Unless The Hub is moved, No

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes

Are you using any other addons? Healbot, QuickWarnings, Recount

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. http://img594.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img594/4772/wowscrnshot060110211344.jpg&via=mupload

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? I havnt made one, never RP'd on my druid before

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 4years ago

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I dont really know, Hopfully you can point them out.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE PvP RP, I like to kill things and im a poor RP'er Happy

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) around, 6-8hours a day Happy

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? <Justin Bieber Fan Club> It was mine for fun reasons

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty B and C

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Yes *Gulp*

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Friends, fun, Raiding Experiance

Why do you think we should choose you? I am a skilled, Active boomkin and I seen you are in need of boomkins

Who can we contact for reference*? Tringladin

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Hessy. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
As you already know Mystikal is your Class Representative and he has already evaluated your character, however I will also take a quick glance.

- At the moment we do need ranged DPS, and when it comes to Moonkins we only have Mystikal. We do have a social memeber playing his moonkin, and as you can see also he is applying for a trial.

- You say that your willing to gear resto, does that mean you are willing to start getting the gear, or does that mean you have resto gear and willing to get it as off spec? Also do you have any previous experiance as a resto druid?

- You didn’t answer
Quote:
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

- If you started playing 4 years ago, then how can you only have been in that one guild you mentioned?

- When I look at your application I get the feeling that you arent that experianced with Moonkin, is that right? And if yes what other character have you then played on?

- Your reputation is not that impressive and you are only revered with Sons of Hodir, i really hope you have another character with exaulted, or you need to get to work ;)

- Also your professions aren’t fully topped up, why is that?

When possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Last edited by Airaniel on 2010/06/03 6:38; edited 1 time in total

EoL-Veteran

Miriel/Norrinja wrote:
Reserved for respond.

I'll evaluate when Im home tomorrow.

Norriel
The Recruiter.

It's a Balance app hun wink

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Ok, this was directed to my attention, so I'll have a look.

I'm Echoes' Druid Class Leader and also mainspec Moonkin, so let's go through your app.

Gear

Gear is mostly ilvl 251 or equivalent.
Unfortunately, you have no idea what your stat priorities are. Your gear is overloaded with crit and not nearly enough haste. In fact, you have somehow managed to put yourself under the first haste softcap in Icecrown level gear. This says to me straight away that your background reading isn't what it should be. In addition, your trinket choices are very bad - [Tears of the Vanquished] in particular. I think I know what you're thinking in equipping it.

In terms of actual gear level you are about ready for ICC10 normals, but not the harder stuff. You should be aware, however, that our 25-man focus is on the Lich King and 10-man HMs are also a primary motivation for the guild at the moment. Given the current stats on your gear, you would probably struggle to put out the consistent dps required for those fights.

Talents

Talent build looks good, except for the 3/3 points in Moonglow and the 2/2 points in Balance of Power. Again, this concerns me not particularly for the talents themselves, but the choices in relation to your current gear. It indicates a possible lack of spec understanding.
Your other talent choices are fine.

Glyphs

Current Glyphs are the standard ICC raiding glyphs. Excellent, except for one thing - why on earth do you have the Typhoon minor glyph in your current setup?

Enchants

All present and correct, except for shoulders and no chest enchant. That's not promising.

I see you have Hyperspeed Accelerators on your gloves and Lightweave on your cloak. I, too, am an Engi / Tailor and have experimented with the other primary professions. Your choices are arguably the best for a raiding Moonkin and you've levelled them to an appropriate skill. Good job.

Gems

That choice of gem in your bracers is a bit strange. It puzzles me why you've gone for it. I think I know why, but if the answer is what I believe it to be, it again presents a possible lack of Moonkin-specific knowledge. Given your lack of haste, your yellow and red sockets are wrong - these should be [Reckless Ametrine] .

Professions

Already covered above. Arguably the best combo for Moonkins (although I'm asking myself if you know why that is).

Raid experience

You've done the PuGable bosses on 10-man and the Lower Spire on 25-man. You've also done Dreamwalker 10 I can see as well. Raid experience is less important than how well you learn during fights and reading up beforehand, but at least you've seen the inside of Icecrown.

Concerns

I have a few concerns / questions that I would like you to address for me please:

1): Can you please explain your trinket choices?
2): Moonglow and Balance of Power are out of place with your current gear. Again, can you please explain the reason for including them?
3): Why is your haste so low?
4): Why is your crit so high in comparison to your haste?
5): The Typhoon glyph in your current build is an oversight on your part.
6): What is the reason for the current gem in your bracers?
7): You have no chest enchant and haven't bothered to grind the required rep for the best shoulder enchant.
8): Finally, you missed a question about what difficult or noteworthy achievements you have. Please have a think and add in any you think might be good for us to know about.

Overall thoughts

Unfortunately, your overall knowledge of Moonkins in general does appear to be lacking. I understand myself why you've made some of the choices you've made, but it seems to me that you haven't bothered to read up on Moonkin theory. Balance is one of the most heavily theorycrafted dps specs currently in-game for various reasons and you should make sure to keep up-to-date.

As is stands you would struggle to meet the required sustained dps output that the harder ICC fights demand. Your spec and gear are tailored towards high, spiky burst followed by a rapid drop off.

Please take some time to address my concerns up above. At the moment my instinct is to decline you due to your level of gear and knowledge. I am prepared to see if you can improve yourself with a little prodding though.

Thank you for applying and I look forward to your reply.

For Malfurion and Cenarius!

Mystikal - Archdruid of <Echoes of Lordaeron>

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

Azmodyr
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

did icc10 with us today. nice guy. 'fraid i wasn't watching the dps meters, but at least he didn't appear to be retarded

Found the forum!

re: Hessy to Mystical

1): Can you please explain your trinket choices?
These are the best that I have Won So far, and I can now replace one for the Frost emblem one.

2): Moonglow and Balance of Power are out of place with your current gear. Again, can you please explain the reason for including them?
This spec has been like this for a while now, when my mana was low, i seen it as help from going oom to fast and to get hit capped, i shall respec asap

3): Why is your haste so low?
That has been a major Error on my Behalf, I shall replace my gems for more haste.

4): Why is your crit so high in comparison to your haste?
It has just been a coincidence that the gear i have won in pug's has been more crit than haste

5): The Typhoon glyph in your current build is an oversight on your part.
Ill get new glyphs asap

6): What is the reason for the current gem in your bracers?
I use that gem to fill blue slots and to activate meta, I will replace most of them with haste gems

7): You have no chest enchant and haven't bothered to grind the required rep for the best shoulder enchant.
I have been grinding rep for sons of hodir to get the should enchant and I will get the chest enchant.

8): Finally, you missed a question about what difficult or noteworthy achievements you have. Please have a think and add in any you think might be good for us to know about.
I have Pug'd all my runs on my druid and havnt try difficult Achievements, I have Of the nightfall, that pritty much it.

I did go on a Pug in icc10 with Some eoL members today, During the raid I topped dps on Marrow, Lady, Battleship, Suarfang, Festor, and second on Dreamwalker.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Thanks for replying.

I'm not sure if you actually understood why I asked you about the Typhoon glyph, although perhaps I just misunderstood your answer.

Before you go spending time and money regemming your gear, I advise you to post here what you intend to replace those gems with.

My point about the bracers wasn't so much the meta, it was the fact you'd gemmed to meet a spirit socket bonus. Don't ever do that, it's a total waste of a socket.

Your answer to question 4 is a bit strange. If your previous gear had spellpower / haste, why go for all spellpower / crit upgrades? It looks to me as though you're assuming higher ilvls mean better dps overall.

It'd be nice to see what you already know, so perhaps you'd be able to tell me a little about why haste is more important for Moonkins these days, and do you know what the softcaps are?

EDIT: The Frost Emblem spellcaster trinket is very bad, especially for Moonkins. Please don't waste your EoF on it. Again, the fact that you would consider strikes me as you going for ilvl, rather than stats. There are two other trinkets out there, from lower tier badges, that are far better.

Hesrod
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Hessy to Mystikal

1.)I'm not sure if you actually understood why I asked you about the Typhoon glyph, although perhaps I just misunderstood your answer.
Im assumed you ment to replace as im not specced with typhoon at the minute?

2.)Before you go spending time and money regemming your gear, I advise you to post here what you intend to replace those gems with.
Im planning over change 4 of my +12 SP +12 Spr With Reckless Ametrine

3.)My point about the bracers wasn't so much the meta, it was the fact you'd gemmed to meet a spirit socket bonus. Don't ever do that, it's a total waste of a socket.
That is one of the gem i shall be replacing soon.

Your answer to question 4 is a bit strange. If your previous gear had spellpower / haste, why go for all spellpower / crit upgrades? It looks to me as though you're assuming higher ilvls mean better dps overall.
The upgrade have been huge, like rare to epic huge, each one has greatly increase my dps.

It'd be nice to see what you already know, so perhaps you'd be able to tell me a little about why haste is more important for Moonkins these days, and do you know what the softcaps are?
Please correct me if im misstaken but is softcap 410?

EDIT: The Frost Emblem spellcaster trinket is very bad, especially for Moonkins. Please don't waste your EoF on it. Again, the fact that you would consider strikes me as you going for ilvl, rather than stats. There are two other trinkets out there, from lower tier badges, that are far better.
I had a look at the EoF trinkets last night, they are usless for boomkin as you said.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Nice to see you taking advice on board.

You're mistaken, unfortunately. The softcap is 401, although you were close.

I don't know if we have room for 2 extra Moonkins at the moment, that's a question for our Recruitment Officers to answer. In the meantime, there are some crafted bracers you can get which will probably help. Although ilvl245 as opposed to ilvl251, they have better stats.

And please! Get rid of [Tears of the Vanquished] . It is a horrible trinket for any dps caster, but Moonkins especially. What trinket did you replace for it?

As another slight test (I'm playing you applicants off against one another ^_^) I want you to tell me which badge trinket you'd replace it with.

Hesrod
Initiate
Found the forum!

Thank you now i know what to aim for asap

Whats the name of the crafted bracers?

Im pondering over which one I should pick
+hit rating and Haste Cooldown(This one I thinks the better option)
Or
+int and Sp Cooldown

I am respecing To lose Balance of power and Moonglow and replace with Typhoon where do you think I should place the last 4?
Posner™
Chatterbox

The crafted Bracers are [Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers] .

However what Mystikal meant was not to totally replace the bracers, just to change the gem in them, as the +spirit socket bonus is not worth gemming for.

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Hesrod
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Hessy To Posner

Thanks

Im willing to totaly change them if they a greater upgrade as they are, I need the haste at the minute.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Actually Posner, I did mean to change them. Although a slight downgrade for most stats, equipping them would increase Hessy's current total haste by almost 20% - a huge increase.

Plus he can use the blue socket to activate the meta for a +5 SP bonus and replace a blue socket elsewhere with pure SP.

Saylier

tbh It was me pushing him forward the forums and suggested him to apply Did ICC10 with us last night, he was the only DPS topping me on the DPS meters, seem to be very skilled IMO

I dunno anything about Druids at all, but this guy seem to be experienced with it, huge vouch from me! Happy

re: Bracers

I have the mats for the Crafted Bracers, Do you have the Pattern Mystikal?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: