Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Posner™
Chatterbox

re: Amandil, Druid of the Chicken Variety. [Accepted]

Was going to wait till the end of the raiding week, but oh well.

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Welsh

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Amandíl
Race: Night Elf
Class: Druid
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 9 days, 11 hours
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Amand%C3%ADl&gn=Echoes+of+Lordaeron
( I could probably afford to lose 1/3 moonglow and add it to owlkin frenzy now my gear is better.)

Set of glyphs used:

Major:
[Glyph of Starfire]
[Glyph of Savagery]
[Glyph of Starfall]

Minor:
[Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth]

Willing to respec (to another role)? Unpreferable, but cannot see why not in the future.
Professions and their level:
Tailoring - 442
Skinning - 450 (due to be changed when i get some more gold)

What are your primary roles during a raid? Dancing before firing lazors.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Is this necessary? 10/25 man up to LK/Sindy

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Did it before, can't see it being a problem again.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? probably 4/5 depending on social occasions.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? [Working Day and Night] Purely to annoy Laerel.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? A lot better than before, 60 in Dalaran and roughly 45 in 25 man raids.

Do you ever have latency problems? Not with the new ISP.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? (Y)

Are you using any other addons? Atlasloot, Gearscore...(jk!) Decursive. Parrot (Scrolling combat Text)

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.Spoiler (Click To Show):
Forum Image

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? *refrains from writing a whole page* Reclusive, usually found under a tree "melding" with the earth. Thinks the floating city of Dalaran is Unnatural.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? About One and a bit year ago.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Timings are improving as one person i know can vouch on that. And also rolling in-game will help ;)

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE/RP=PvP (i suck at pvp)

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) depends the day, will say roughly...6

Do you share your account with anybody? Only if you think my split-personality evil twin Frederico counts.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? *tumbleweed* cheerleader

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty d) easily sacrificed

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master [b]was a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one![/b] question fixed.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Why not? It looks like i need to show off a bit more.

Why do you think we should choose you? Because Mysti has taken too many loots? And everyone loves my personality.

Who can we contact for reference*? Sevestra, Mysteh, Leveh, i could go on.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? I'm being recruited while cheering most weeks anyway...so i don't see why not

*edit* talent link wasn't working

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I've been expecting this for a little bit, but now I have to evaluate two Owls in one night? tongue out

Obviously, we can say straightaway that your past service to the guild is a definite plus, also we know you have a thorough knowledge of ICC itself.

However, as you're no doubt aware, I'm here to evaluate all things Owl, so without further ado...

Gear

Gear is a good level generally. Your crafted choices are excellent.
Belt is a fairly low ilvl and probably would have been better upgrading this before the cloak (although I can't say for certain without knowing what your previous cloak was). [Belt of Petrified Ivy] is a wonderfully itemised piece and should be high on your priority list (but after 4T10).

The breaking of your 2T9 isn't a problem, as MF forms a very low amount of your overall damage. Make sure you pick up 2T10 as quickly as possible. It's a shame about the trinkets, but you've obviously done your reading up as you've picked the best possible badge trinket to get for yourself in the meantime.

Other gear looks good. Crit and haste are fantastic, well done. Unfortunately, you're in a bad place for haste right now, stuck between the first and second softcaps. It's pleasing to see you know what the stat priorities are though.

I see you've generally done as much as you can to get yourself up to a decent Icecrown raiding level, the majority of your upgrades are ICC drops or bought from EoF, although [Band of the Invoker] from EoT is probably a slight upgrade over your current [Band of Deplorable Violence] .

Talents

Talent build is pretty much fine. However, a 5% chance to proc OKF generally isn't worth taking the point for - if you don't want to take out of IIS to get either 2/3 or 3/3, then I suggest you leave OKF altogether and put a point in either Brambles or another in Genesis. Although seemingly low, they will give you a better sustained output than the relatively low proc chance for 1/3 OKF.

Glyphs

Majors are all fine and you have the mandatory minor as well.

Enchants

Everything's properly enchanted, with the exception of the missing belt buckle!. If you can possibly manage it, Tuskarr's Vitality on boots is nice for ICC, but at the moment you can't afford the lost hit.

Gems

Perfect. Meta is active (and is the correct one) and you've correctly gemmed to meet your overall needs in your helm. Stacking SP over the first softcap is also correct. Good job.

Professions

Close to max, but Skinning is a poor choice for raiding Moonkins. You've already indicated you're going to change this - which profession do you intend to take in place of it?

Tailoring is the best choice possible for a raiding Moonkin and I see that you have it!

Raid experience

I know your raiding experience from Posner, so I know you have a good knowledge of ICC and its various bosses. HMs will probably need a quick brush-up and you'll need to adapt to the extremely Moonkin-unfriendly fights within ICC, but I don't foresee that as a terrible problem.

Concerns

I have a few concerns / questions that I would like you to address for me please:

1): Low ilvl belt.
2): Missing belt buckle.
3): Skinning. Please indicate which profession you will take in place of it.

Overall thoughts

Moonkin theory looks to be excellent, judging by the application itself. You've made the right gearing choices as luck and drops allow. You're adjusting your talents to meet your raiding needs and you're off to a good start.

The oversight of a belt buckle is forgivable, but always remember to double check!

You're in a similar state to when I started raiding ICC10 and 25, so you should be able to push for a decent dps output. Until you reach the second softcap, you're going to find movement phases, any enforced cessation of casting and the start of a pull particularly frustrating, but no amount of player skill can overcome the randomness of Eclipse.

Out of the current applications, yours is by far the stronger and I would welcome a trial for you. Remember, your focus would be on minimising, as far as your knowledge and skill allow, the random elements of your 'rotation' and adapting to fights on the fly.

Good luck with your application, I hope we can offer you a trial - I tend to miss my feathered brethren these days!

For Malfurion and Cenarius!

Mystikal - Archdruid of <Echoes of Lordaeron>

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Posner™
Chatterbox

Thanks for the reply so fast wink

As much as it pains you to see someone else excell, i think it was best for me to switch the cloak from [Shroud of Moorabi] first, rather than the belt...dont ya think.

As for the Professions..Upon discussing with you it comes down to Alchemy/Engineering...which i choose depends if someone has a vault full of unused herbs i guess. *wink*

As for the belt..It's gemmed with a runed scarlet ruby until i can get a better one from ToC/ICC, luck of the rolls/ DKP i guess.

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Now that I know you were using a blue cloak, I won't argue against your choice of upgrades.

Personally, I prefer Engineering simply because you can sync the HSA with your highest dps phases. That being said, the static SP bonuses of Alchemy and JC are comparable. Double-duration flasks (as well as the ability to make your own) are also a nice side-benefit.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

Melbin /Deathbin

L2Use bolding in correct place :P
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

comon dude ... how can you fail with the bold? >_> U suck!

Posner™
Chatterbox

Haha, if you could see the posting box, it looked fine...something cocked up towards the end...it was out of my hands.

Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

Posner™ wrote:
Haha, if you could see the posting box, it looked fine...something cocked up towards the end...it was out of my hands.

This does sounds like a proper dr00ds excuse though!
*winks @ Mysti* twisted

On a more serious note, seems Mysti didn't shot you down, so toon-wise everything seems to be in order.
Apart from that, and even more important, you're a long-standing and well-respected member of EoL, and wanna switch to a reasonable needed class...

For what it's still worth, you got my vouch, I'd like to see you play whatever you prefer m8. Happy

Chillchaos wrote:
well-respected member of EoL,

dude under wich rock have u been living? >_>

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Can somebody Purge squideh's Blessing of Troll please? envy

Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Mystikal / Adun wrote:
Can somebody Purge squideh's Blessing of Troll please? envy

comon gimme my 10min of fun ...

u big meany! U better gimme some shrooms!

Posner™
Chatterbox

Its amazing how my Paladin's application and my druids could both contain so much Trollen'.

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Merke, Sullin, Miriel, Mystikal, Jaenus) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

Gz man, now go troll the forum of some *insert random class*! wink

*sneaks look at iniate post...notices privilage has been taken away....weeps*

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: