Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Baadshah
Baadshah<gld>
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Baadshah, Retribution Paladin [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: British

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Baadshah
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 48 Days, 14 hours, 30 Minutes

Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Baadshah

Set of glyphs used: Jugdement, Consecration, Seal of Vengeance

Willing to respec (to another role)? Probably but I m not a good healer have tried in past but epic fail

Professions and their level: Blacksmithing 448 Enchanting 250 changed from Mining 450 so still leveling

What are your primary roles during a raid?
I do DPS as my primary role and can possibly tank if needed.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
ToC 10 & 25
ICC 10 I have done first 4 bosses.
ICC 25 I have done upto Plagueworks.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
Depends on my work rota. One week I can do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and the next week I can do Thursday, Friday, Sunday

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
2 but it depends on what days if I m off I m in Happy

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
Storming the Citadel 25 Player
The Plagueworks 25 Player
These achievements show my progress in ICC 25.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
Pentium Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHZ
3 GB
Nvidia GeForce 8400m GS
29 FPS

Do you ever have latency problems? No my latency at the time of applying in Dalaran is 145 ms

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Already have them

Are you using any other addons?
Carbonite, Decursive, Forte, Gear Score, Ice Hud, Omen, PallyPower, Quartz, Recount, X-Pearl, Deadly Boss Mod

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
Dont have a raiding one atm but this one is in Dalaran
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/ammarbm82/WoWScrnShot_042510_123927.jpg

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? A Helpful and Loving Paladin Happy

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
1 and a Half year

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
Well I can always use the guidance of expert players to improve my Gear and Rotations and I think EoL can be that platform.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE
PvP
RP
I like raiding most and questing also. I m ok in PvP trying to improve atm. I have never done RP and dont get the concept at all

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
Well on my day off I do spend some time on WoW but obviously I am a married person so I have other resposibilities also but sometime I can spend 5-6 hours easily on WoW.

Do you share your account with anybody?
No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
Avatars of Torment: I recently joined them but they have stopped doing 25 man ICC because not enough people come online anymore and I need to do ICC 25 man atm to improve both my skills and gear.
Real Men Wear Pink:
I left that guild because they were very unfriendly to me and my friends in the guild were leaving it. Some higher people in guild were arrogant and they dont appreciate the new people.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
a) Cute as I am leveling up a gnome Mage atm

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
LoL I can live with that Happy

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
1st reason you are the best on this realm
2nd reason I also want to be the best on this realm simples Happy

Why do you think we should choose you?
I can offer some fun and laughter to the guild. I enjoy playing wow but at the same time I like treating it as a game and like to play it for fun and enjoyment. I am a consistent person and like to give my best effort for everything.

Who can we contact for reference*?
Leveticus.
I had a good chat with him and he is the one who recommended that I should apply for EoL

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
If I get accepted in EoL you guys will see that I m a friendly and jolly guy but I also expect same friendly behavious from if not all but most people in the guild cause this is a game and we should enjoy it as we are paying for it .
Anyways I will try to put my best efforts in improving my skills and hope to have a fun experience raiding with EoL.

Thanks for applying. Our Recruitment Officer and our Paladins (and their Class Leader) will no doubt be along soon to interro- I mean, talk to you envy

Just one note from me - Gearscore is a very spammy addon and so we have a guild rule that it must be turned off during raiding hours. I trust that won't be a problem?

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

you have bound W? how do you walk forward?

Haha funny sig there mysti wink

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I have a friend in the states who sends me 'em from closed forums (don't ask me how - I don't think he's in the beta, but he might be), particularly anything Owl or Druid-related envy

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Bashiok is the diablo forum moderator..
Baadshah
Baadshah<gld>
Initiate
Found the forum!

Mystikal / Adun wrote:
Thanks for applying. Our Recruitment Officer and our Paladins (and their Class Leader) will no doubt be along soon to interro- I mean, talk to you envy

Just one note from me - Gearscore is a very spammy addon and so we have a guild rule that it must be turned off during raiding hours. I trust that won't be a problem?

No problem mate I can disable that before starting raid.

Found the forum!

Sötpojke wrote:
you have bound W? how do you walk forward?

Haha funny sig there mysti wink

Hmmmm using the UP arrow key Happy

Laerel1 wrote:
Bashiok is the diablo forum moderator..

Yup. Hence 'wrong forum'.

FYI he moonlights in the WoW forums. Mostly redirecting stuff but sometimes posting.

Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I find WASD is kinda lame.. it's on the far left which means the only keys you can viably bind are on the right side of it. Unless you wanna CAPS LOCK spam etc.

I traded in WASD for ESDF a long time ago, it gives me much more versatility and allows me to bind and reach those keys with ease.
Leveticus !
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

I've done a few raids in the last few days with this guy, and after a few hours of dps'ing along side him, i asked him if he would consider applying.

Not only was his dps solid, he didnt stand in fire etc etc, and seemed to know what he was doing on every encounter, (icc25 LM-PP)

I've taken a quick look at your gear and it's not too bad in general, the pvp neck and boots need to be replaced ideally,
I suggest getting the 264 leather boots crafted. Also consider with 2t10 +23 haste on cloak works out a little better than 22 agi.

Other then that this looks like a pretty solid app to me, and i'll happily vouch for Baadshah to be given a trial.

Initiate
Found the forum!

Thanks leveticus for your comments will consider all your suggestions and discuss with you in deatail.

Had a quick look over the app. Seems really good. As Lev has said, the PvP items could do with replacing, possibly for a bit more haste (2-set T10 FTW).

Other than that, I'm happy to vouch!
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Baadshah! Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Galsif is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

- The general problem is that we already have way too many melee, sure we could probably use another ret, but I have a hard time seeing us squeezing your into our set up, unless some of the melee are willing to give up their spots.

- Argh the bold QQ ahwell guess it can happen for the best.

-
Quote:
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
Depends on my work rota. One week I can do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and the next week I can do Thursday, Friday, Sunday

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
2 but it depends on what days if I m off I m in

As long as you can raid at least 2 days a week.

-
Quote:
Are you using any other addons?
Carbonite, Decursive, Forte, Gear Score, Ice Hud, Omen, PallyPower, Quartz, Recount, X-Pearl, Deadly Boss Mod

Both Carbonite and Gear Score are banned during raid time, no matter if your in the raid or not. I know Mystikal already mentioned this, but we simply cannot make it clear enough because it lag out some people, and lagging people in the raid is just no good.

- Reputation looks fine, your gear isn’t that far behind, but you need to level them professions Happy.

When Galsif has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as whether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Hello, I'm Galsif paladin class rep from Eol, I will be evaluating your application and with the recruitment officer, Miriel, decide if you will be offered a trial or not!

Gear: Looks good to me. Just replace the pvp neck and boots asap as mentioned by lev. You just might want to try and replace the pyrite infuser with the EoF trinket

Enchants: Look all good. Might wanna replace the cloak one with 23haste but its a minor thing tbh.

Glyphs: Glyphs look all good!

Spec: Looks good to me. Standard cookie cutter ret spec.

Proffesions: 2x raiding proffs always good to see !

Experience: Seems like you did all you can pug in ICC. Just hope you are good with learning new fights if you are offered a trial!

Verdict: If we have space for another ret then lets take him in for a trial! Happy

~!Galsif!~

Baadshah
Baadshah<gld>
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Thanks Miriel & Galsif

Hi
Thanks for reviewing my application. As I said earlier my aim is to improve both my gear and skills and I believe EoL is the place where I can do it.
I am out of town for a couple of days guys will be back tomorrow night and give detail replies to all the comments.
Thanks again and I hope to get a trial to prove my skills Happy
Talk to u guys later. Bye

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: