Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

re: Blazeman (AKA Genghus) Holy Paladin Application [Accepted]

First of all, just got a few things to say.

Start of with apologies, most of all Riha. I know we had out upsets (most of the time me being a dickhead) but i just want to apologise for my childish and immature behaviour and hope it wont affect us and the others around us should i be accepted/offered a trial. Also o Maniok, we had our disagreements and i would like to offer my friendship to you, no more arguments please.

The way i see it is, ive geared up as far as badges alone will take you (Bar t9.25) and the only realistic way for me to carry on gearing up would be either A): Pug, or B): join a guild, and Dont want to do A, and i would see it as disrespectful applying to any other guild before applying to you after all the respect and sense of family you showed me when i was around.

So here it is, i hope no one holds any grudges against me, and ive tried to get up to date on the paladin know how as quickly as possible and would like to thank Mystikal and Myrrden for there help

Here goes...

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: British

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Blazeman
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 27days 3hours
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Blazeman
Set of glyphs used:
Majors:
Beacon of Light
Holy Light
Seal of Wisdom
Minors:
Lay on Hands
Willing to respec (to another role)? Yes
Professions and their level: Herbalism (450) Alchemy(110) Started today, will be 450 super-soon

What are your primary roles during a raid? Stopping you slackers from faceplanting, avoiding fire, and generally following rules.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Everything ive done with you guys, plus some attempts on LK 25 for a brief period after my character was migrated, also hd a touch of experience in ICC25HC

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes, can even stretch to 11 should you want to push for a bosskill

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 4-5 days a week, and yes i can

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
On this character? None in particular, on my deathknight there are a few, i dont see any particlar need to name them here though

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
Dont really know :S but my computer runs WoW like a dream and i never have a frame rate issue

Do you ever have latency problems?
No
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Still got them from before, yes

Are you using any other addons?
Grid, Clique, PallyPower, Bartender, GearScore (Just kidding!)

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
http://yfrog.com/6bwowscrnshot060310204417j

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Yes of course

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
As a child it was always a mastery as to his powers, his parents were worried that there was something wrong with him. until his father began to raise him as a paladin, and channel his new found powers. To this day he continues to hone his skills and become strong enough to defeat the evil lLich King.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? A month or so after TBC was released

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
At the moment just need to improve gear and general paladin knowhow and playstyle, im sure once i start properly raiding i will master it

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE
PvP
RP

PvE is my main focus, i think all th effort (...) that blizzard put into making the game actually pays of when you have a lot of things going on, and a lot of things to manage in a tough boss encounter, i love the idea of a team pulling togeher and overcoming a tough challenge

Not really to fussed about PvP, but the odd battleground as Ret whilst farming honor for gems ect ect is quite fun

Dont get me wrong RP is great fun, ive done it a few times, but i just cant seem to get my head into it and become bored after a while

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
Depends on the day, what im doing, if i have schoolwork ect ect, but at the moment im hitting around 5-6 hours per day, it can shoot to 10+ at the weekends if im not doing anything

Do you share your account with anybody? Certainly not

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
On my paladin, none

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
All of the above?

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
No problemo

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I feel it would be disrespectful to you guys for me to apply anywere else, when i was here i had the most amazing sense of family, unlike any other guild i have been in before, id love to be a part of the community again

Why do you think we should choose you?
By the looks of it you are in quite dire need of healers, and maybe paladin healers, im picking up the new class rather quickly and hopefully, would be an asset to your guild, should i be accepted

Who can we contact for reference*?
Ive played with Grimripper a few times, he could vouch fo my skills as a paladin

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

I understand my gear sucks, but i thought i should at least give it a shot Happy considering 3 days ago i was in naxx 25 gear, i think ive come a long way
Thanks for reading.

Famous quotes from Mystikal:

Derdriu, should you die, my mockery will be both unending and merciless.
Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

...Whilst running random heroics, Halls of Stone comes up.
"Awww, fucking Balls of Stone, I hate this place"
Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

But how can you shiv people, if you're healing?

You flawed my plan to assassinate the ranged people of Echoes of Lordaeron!!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Nilieth/Mymri
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

"Blazeman"?

Also, is that avatar you IRL?

Name is a fail i know...I transferred here and my previous name was taken, a friend next to me was smoking something he shouldent have been and i asked him for a name, and out came Blazeman...Might change it soon

And my Avatar isnt me, its actually a gif of that guy screaming, and then slamming his head on his keyboard, though its not working on here ...and he looks like a chav....like me... :D

Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Whatever people think, this guy has the right approach and is very keen. As he suggest, he has been whispering me asking for advice and pointers, which can only be a good thing.

On his DK he was very capable, and I'm a great believer that he can succeed as a holydin too (GIEF MAGE FOR MEH!).

Vouch!
Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Means a lot Myrrden, thank you Happy

Also im slightly apologetic for not following your advice about gearing up first, maybe i was a little to impatient, i just hope i havent jumped the gun :D

Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

gear - well uve obviously just started out, but at least you are gearing in the right direction.
gemming - fine
enchants - fine (i noticed you now bought the right head chant)
spec - 2 points in bene... prob better off in red stun (LK) or blesssd hands can be useful, all v minor though, the key talents are in there.
glyphs - get minor LoH one, quite useful

bear in mind effective paladin healing is not as easy as you may think.

Well i would vouch anyway.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

From my side there wasn't any argument.

It was: Me telling you it was f*** stupid to leave youre account in the open so Grim could log it, and you raging at me because my statement were incorrect and offensive. I admit that it was pretty offensive.

Anyway, doesn't seem like we will have this issue again, since Grim got declined anyway so I have no problems with this trial.

Youre player skills were good, as far as I remember it was the attitude that was the problem last time, so if you say you will behave better this time, I'm inclined to believe you!

Good luck!

Last edited by Manilicious on 2010/06/03 18:44; edited 1 time in total

Upping the guild post count

Arlynn wrote:
But how can you shiv people, if you're healing?

Paladins are getting a pet in Cataclysm. I'm sure Genghus' one can be... 'persuaded' to shiv his targets instead.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Shivster! Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Galsif is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

- I guess your right in the fact that we need healers, but when it comes to Paladin healers it’s not such a big issue as for the raid healers ;).

- Out of the many bold *sigh* applications I’ve read lately it’s nice finally to see one who managed to do the application without the bold, but I guess you use cheat codes cus you were in here before. Your answering the questions quit filling and you give me the filling that you are really willing to work for this.
Personally I can’t remember why you left didn’t you just transfer off without saying anything to us?

- As I said your application looks fine and I don’t really have any questions to you.

- Reputation also looks fine so no problem there, just level them professions fast! :P.

When Galsif has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as whether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Elluw, I am Galsif yada yada yada paladin class rep of EoL as you probably already know since I was there aswell when you were in on Genghus :P

Gear: Your gear is low ... Hard to improve from the point I know but it really is to low for LK or ICC HC in my eyes. You are gearing in the right direction though. Haste is also low.

Enchants: Enchants are all fine except the cloak enchant should be 23 haste but I can see why you didnt put that enchant on a Ilvl 213 cloak!

Glyphs: All fine just get the LoH minor as mentioned before.

Spec: also as mentioned before the 2 points benediction are rubbish... put them in imp HoJ or blessed hands.

Proffesions: You'd be better of with BS or JC instead of herbing and just get ure alch up ASAP.

Experience: Experience seems fine!

Verdict: If we need another Hpalla and you will do your best to gear up ASAP through EoF, craftables and whatever id like to see you on trial!

~!Galsif!~

-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I remember Genghus as a good guy, we talked alot about gear, DPS etc etc.

I won´t look over your gear, will let the other Paladin´s do that.

But perhaps join as a cheerleader and gear up before start to raid for real?

/Arkas
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Nothing to apologise for Genghus you already did back when Merke spoke to you and as far as i was concerned that was the end of it <3
what Xulgos did and said to you i actually opposed and told him the issue was finished with.

But nonetheless i enjoyed having you around most of the time so ill leave my vouch here :D

Thanks Riha, but some time sorry just isnt enough, so i thought maybe id say it a few more times... Happy
Afterall i was a massive dickhead and i truly do apologise for what i did/said/pestered to you, and i hope we can be friends (Or I'll Shiv ya')

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: