Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
SaganiSSL

re: Sagani's Application [Withdrawn]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Sagani
Race: Human
Class: Death Knight
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 57days 17 hours 13 mins
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Sagani
Set of glyphs used: ghoul, dark death, icy touch
Willing to respec (to another role)? I am willing to respec and gear tank but I find it slightly tedious on death knights - but I would if needs be.
Professions and their level:450 mining and enchanting 250 - if I get into a trial period I promise to do my best to sort that situation within the trial.

What are your primary roles during a raid?DPS

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?Erm, well left wow not long after WotLK hit so not got alot of naxx/ulduar or ToC experience, I've done parts of all without a problem, but ICC I have 6/12 cleared on 10 man and missing fester in 25 man but got rotface - thats all I've been able to do in pugs so far.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes, I have no problem with that as long as I have prior notice.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Apart from the odd unforseen circumstance yes I can commit to at least 2 raids a week, happy to do far more if required however.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Storming the Citadel 10 and 25 man. I've gone and made a mess 10 and 25 man. Boned 10 man.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? 33FPS

Do you ever have latency problems? On some occasions but generally okay.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? I believe so, yes.

Are you using any other addons? Yes

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. My UI atm isn't at it's best atm, I'm willing to change it in anyway but it does everything I've needed it to do and has worked in pugs, but i'll very likely change it for some deeper level raiding.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes, ofc. I RP'd alot on the realm pre-WotLK in the Stormwind Militia, making it to the rank of corporal and also in The Cult of Thuzadin making it to the highest officer rank in the guild.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Well, this character doesn't RP but if needs be that could be sorted out.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Mid way into TBC

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Obviously there are always things to learn about a class and intend on learning the whole time I play WoW. As soon as I stop learning I might aswell quit, so areas? Anywhere and everywhere. Sure there are improvements to be made, and I'm sure if they are there they will be found and whittled out.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE, PvP/RP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) depends but I can become slightly addicted.

Do you share your account with anybody? No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Tranquility, they weren't progressing at the rate I wanted to, before that, there were a string of guilds trying to get into raiding but eventually falling inactive and not achieving what the GMs promised.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Bah, gotta love a good Gnome.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Sorted.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I want to take a deep view into raiding and no longer see the same 6 bosses in the current content, under no circumstances would I say I was brilliant in gear or skill, but I am however willing to put in the time and effort to learn.

Why do you think we should choose you? Say when, where and what time and I'll swing the english channel to get there ;)

Who can we contact for reference*? Nightmare (With a nightmare of a .. on the i... don't ask why, I have no idea) He was an ex DPS in Unnatural but left just after ICC hit, he's now back playing a character named Cuchulainn.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Erm, if your looking for exception skill or gear - I'm not your man, if your looking for hard work and dedication. Then well maybe considering me wouldn't be terrible.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Ok quick overlook.

You need to fix professions asap because IF you get a trial you will have other things to worry about.

Quote:
Are you using any other addons? Yes

But what addons? It will help us with the overall picture.

Same with UI tbh, give us a picture. It will tell us a great deal about you as a raider.

Tbh, it's abit weird for "gearing projects" to apply that late in an expansion, we are doing LK now and this:
Quote:
I want to take a deep view into raiding and no longer see the same 6 bosses in the current content, under no circumstances would I say I was brilliant in gear or skill, but I am however willing to put in the time and effort to learn.
Does not inspire me much.

That with Ruby Sanctum coming out in a few weeks aswell.

I wasn't specifically impressed by the apply, and imo it's to late in the expansion to do gearing projects, ontop of that our melee squad is quite full, so unless you are exeptional I doubt there would be space.

However Miriel will make the final decision.

Goodluck! wink

Found the forum!

Quote:
I want to take a deep view into raiding and no longer see the same 6 bosses in the current content, under no circumstances would I say I was brilliant in gear or skill, but I am however willing to put in the time and effort to learn.

This sounds like someone who cares and wants to put the effort in in my opinion

Initiate chatterbox

Heya Sagani,

I´ll take a look at your gear and see if I can help you with anything.

Gear: You need to get some more T10, I see you bought the EoF belt and cloak when you don´t even have T10 2 set bonus!
So you need to buy atleast T10 chest, helm and gloves.
Replace the NES, try get the one from Twins 25 in ToC.
After you got the T10 you need, go for the Sigil.

Enchants/gems: I see no enchant on shoulders and bracers. Why?
Change cloak enchant with +23 Haste and not only +15. Then change boots enchant to Tuskarr´s Vitality.
Change the meta to Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (the crit meta) and then add +10Str/+15Stam gem to your gear.

Talent/glyphs: That specc works since you use Bryntroll, but why in the world would you use 2/3 Reaping, can it get anymore fail? Put them in Dirge instead.
Why are you using Glyph of CE when you don´t even have it? Change it to Glyph of Pestilence.

Professions: Change them to JC/BS or JC/Engi.

Raiding experience: You have only done first wing + Rotface/Festergut. Do you easily learn tactics?

I don´t see any kind of dedication to his character, not even having T10 2 set bonus after all these months? But he uses EoF belt and cloak, not good.

No vouch.

/Arkas
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

SollariusPally wrote:
Quote:

This sounds like someone who cares and wants to put the effort in in my opinion

This is a common mistake I sre in a lot of applications, you put the effort in first before you apply. Not after.

Something so basic as leveling enchanting should have been done so long ago.
Posner™
Chatterbox

Proffessions should be levelled before you apply Happy am i right Lae?

Effort should be put in Before AND after application dont forget... With the state of SSL, its not easy to learn tactics firsthand.

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
SaganiSSL

Thanks for the comments, having seen alot of negativity but also very good points made, I think I'll withdraw my application in the hope that I can improve to your standard and possible apply in the future.

I apologise if the application seemed somewhat uncared for when I applied, that was not the intention - my intention was to provide a very plain view of the fact that I may not yet be up to your standard but I would put in the effort to grow to that standard, as for being late in the expansion, point taken. However I was hoping to stay past the current content and expansion, so I thought as a long term commitment there would be something that we could offer one another.

Arkas - thanks for the tips, I'll take them all on board, as for the enchantments, just something I haven't had the time to do. Lame excuse I am aware!! But thank you for your time and very much appreciated.

I'm sorry if I've wasted your time with my application, it wasn't my intention.

Regards, Sagani.

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Nah don't be sorry, it's nice to apply! Hopefully you got pointers on how to improve, it's quite usual to apply several times! wink

Feel free to bug me ingame anytime if you want to learn more about raiding, I'm not a dk expert but can help with ui, tactics, general raiding knowledge.

Goodluck!

Thanks, hehe. Looks like I might need a miricle tho, the way you guys tore me to shreads - I applied on the basis of enthusiasm, have reading my application again, I wouldn't recruit me, was an idiotic idea for me to apply to what I deem to be the best raiding guild on the server. But thanks for the new nicer comments in there ;)

Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

No one should apologize for applying. It doesn't hurt to try, does it ?
I'm not saying anything of much importance, as I'm not in such position, but if you do what Arkas mentioned - you'll be just fine regarding future.

-Sty

Thanks - currently adding in everything Arkas said now, already changed my spec.

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I dont wanna be harsh but you might wanna read up on what we are looking for before applying Happy

Currently recruiting:

* Paladin (Holy) 1 (Small chance of getting in)
* Priest (Holy) 2-3
* Priest (Disc) 1
* Priest (Shadow) 1
* Druid (Balance) 1
* Druid (Restoration) 1-2
* Mage 2-3
* Warlock 1-2
* Hunter 1-2
* Shaman (Restoration) 1-2
* Shaman (Elemental) 1-2
* Shaman (Enhance) 1 (Small chance of getting in)

Updated 06-06-2010

I shall Evaluate your application later.

Norriel
The Recruiter.

It was actually a member of the guild that suggested I apply, not to mention everyone has said they will recruit anything if they find a use for you - not to mention I've cancelled my application, thanks anyway.

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

A memeber is not the Recruiter Happy The memebers rarly know if we have room or not Happy

Good Luck where ever your going!

Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I miss every DK applicant nowadays, but Arkas does a good job Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: