Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLuko

re: Luko apply [declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: male
Nationality: hungarian

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Lukó
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 46~ days
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Luk%C3%B3
Set of glyphs used: see in armory link
Willing to respec (to another role)? leveling for cata to ret
Professions and their level: see in armory link

What are your primary roles during a raid? tank

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? tried all bosses in icc10 done some icc10 hms, icc25 till rotface know tacts for LK, missed the night we killed him.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. 95% yes, depends on family events you know

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 7days, except family events...

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Boned 25? i dont know, maybe Champion of the frozen wastes

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? 60fps and i have really good comp (quadro processor and equal level things inside)

Do you ever have latency problems? yes, when internet is going crazy

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? ofcourse

Are you using any other addons? Dominos

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. cant

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? hes liking friends, and killing big monsters!

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 3-4years ago

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? i dont really know

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE ftw, i suck in pvp with my pally

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 6 hr

Do you share your account with anybody? nope

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty a

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! I'd be happy

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Because its the best raiding guild on alli side and im a good raider

Why do you think we should choose you? because im 1337

Who can we contact for reference*? Deadkid, Cásh

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? yes, if ur browsing my armory link and im in healer gear contact me in ingame or write here
Saylier

You might wanna get a ride of that [Enduring Eye of Zul] in your back, its crap when the socket bonus is only 6 stamina, you basicly compare 10 defense to 9 stamina, the amount of health provided by the stam is much more benefitical for you than the avoidance you get from the defense.

If you wanna gem a red socket in your head, please put in [Shifting Dreadstone] , it gives you three things that you need:

Armor, Dogde and Crit (in other words: dmg reduction, avoidance and tps) how much better can it be? And if you want to, please do so on the other red gems you have in your gear (with 9/12 stamina socket bonuses only tho).

And then, isn't Moongose much better for a Paladin tank than the 26 agility enchant?

very minor things but yeh u are right saylier,

and one point in judgements and 1 point in conviction could be probably better shifted to imp BoM for the times when you arent running with a ret, imp Bom > 1% crit Happy

No glyph of Divine Plea, a flat 3% dam reduction permanently is pretty much mandatory to do any hard raids, drop hammer glyph, a good tank shouldnt need it.

Minor glyph of sense undead is nice and so is the LoH one, both are useful enough to bother getting.

No Touched by the light ?!?! Maybe im way out of the loop on paladin tank theory but the TPS provided by that is surely worth going for? At least worth dropping one point in SA , 1 in conviction and 1 in seals of the pure, im 100% positive that would net you more TPS than those other points.

Gear looks good.

I wont comment on your holy spec :P since its not about that.

But looks good to me.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

Missed one Happy

Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Saylier wrote:

And then, isn't Moongose much better for a Paladin tank than the 26 agility enchant?

Previously Mongoose was the enchant of choice for Protection Paladins due to it's interaction with seals, meaning that it's proc rate was far higher (around a 62% uptime I believe). After some recent fixes by Blizzard adjusting proc rates via paladin seals (Blame Bryntoll for that one.) the uptime is now somewhere between 35%-40%, this now means that Blood Draining is found to be the enchant of choice for raiding protection paladins. (Circa 3.2 when AD changed.)

Theorycraft over..

Luko was in with Lume Quenta for a period of 2-3 months and his competency was always called into question. His lack of tactical knowledge and his unwillingness to read up on encounters were only trumped by his complete disregard for tactics after they had to be explained to him specifically.

Dreamwalker 25, was something that sticks in my head. Luko was not aware of tactics, and after explaining to him, and keeping him on the outside in order to give him a simple job, and in very explicit terms telling him not to enter the portals, he did. It took 2/3 wipes of people inside complaining someone was running around stealing their orbs inside for Luko to own up to entering the portal, having himself made the executive decision to do so.

He was suspended from the raid week 2/3 times and on his final warning and suspension decided to leave the guild rather than face his punsihment and seek to improve from it.

Not sure how much weight my input here gives, but he's not EoL material, in the slightest.
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Arlynn is held in high regard in my books. It should be held to account.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Merke wrote:
Arlynn is held in high regard in my books. It should be held to account.

I completely agree.

With Merke.

Oh em gee.

BRB, off to rinse my brain in acid.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Disvouch on the basis of what Arlynn said.

Chatterbox

Glyphs are terrible, Defence gems way over cap... SoH enchant for shoulders would be better for TPS, Spec is missing some key talents.

Holy tree is worse than the Ret tree.

Would suggest reading up on Paladins more @

www.elitistjerks.com

Not just for your application, but for yourself, correctly specced paladins are fun.

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Hello, I am Galsif, Paladin class rep of Echoes of Lordaeron.
I will be the one evaluating your application and together with Miriel the recruitment officer will then be decided if we will offer you a trial or not!

Gear: Your gear looks mostly alright just wondering why you spend your emblems on the emblem chest instead of on the T10 chest? The T10 chest is abit worse a your current one but the 2set is so good it's worth the sacrifice for. Best combination would be Helm + chest and then to use the emblem gloves and the crafted legs ( pillars of might ).

Gems: Mostly alright but as Saylier pointed out change the head gem to [Shifting Dreadstone] and replace your cloak enchant with a [Majestic Zircon] to gain just a tiny bit more HP.

Enchants: Look all fine to me. Possibly change your wep enchant to blood draining as mentioned before but not a reall big deal.
(Also posner SoH shoulder enchant is not used anymore!)

Spec: Your spec is really messed up. Don't go for "Seals of the pure"! Take "Touched by the light" and take one point out of "Spiritual attunement" then put the last 3 points to use in your ret tree in "Crusade" thiss will end up in alot of TPS gain!

Glyphs: Change the concecration one to Divine Plea glyph! 3% free damage reduction is to much to pass onto! And you might want to change the Hammer glyph to either Avenger shield or Judgement or leave it as it is... pretty much personal choice! Also get the minor glyph Sense Undead it really helps in ICC!

Add-ons: No pallypower?

Aditionally I would like you to answer to Arlynn's post because atm that is what's whithelding me from giving the "Go"!

~!Galsif!~

P.S. If I missed something / my english is fecked up I apologize ... only slept 2 hours last night and need to do this quickly at work confused

LLuko

So, i have a mace with moongose too but left sword in my hands, ill fix gems, and the fail in lumé was monthes ago wich means i gathered more skills, and im currently in CC, and streght gives me block rating thats why i choosed that, but if u want it ill fix it. and i know my holy talent is shit, but i only use it to run HCs if im bored of tanking.
LLuko

ohh, and i use pally power
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Application denied.

We don't need another tank(adin) at the moment, and you're not the exceptional kind we'd make exceptions for.

I'm sorry.

Liesje.

Jump to: