Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burnbabby
Initiate
Found the forum!

re: Burnbabý - Mage - [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Swedish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Burnbabý
Race: Gnome
Class: Mage
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 32 days
Talent Build(s)(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Burnbab%C3%BD&group=1
Set of glyphs used:
Arcane: Glyph of Molten Armor, Glyph of Arcane Blast, Glyph of Arcane missiles

Fire: Glyph of Molten Armor, Glyph of Fireball, Glyph of Living bomb

Minors: Glyph of Arcane Intellect, Glyph of Frost Ward, Glyph of Fire Ward

Willing to respec (to another role)? Fire > Arcane - Arcane > Fire. Sure.
Professions and their level: Alchemy/Herbalism - both 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?

Used to play another account which I lost back in early WotLK. On that account and char (rogue), I used to raid pretty much every week. Our guild cleared everything from Karazhan up to Black Temple (5/9).

In WotLK, I have cleared:
OS 10/25 (and three drakes, before you were able to zerg it down this easy)
Naxxramas 10/25
EoE 10/25

And, done a few bosses in Ulduar 10 and 25 before. Plus the almost full achievement run with you guys on the mage. (When's the next run? ;))

ICC:

First and Second wing in 10 man, first and almost (no putricide) in 25 man.
Only heroic lootship in 10 man, other than that it's just an attempt on saurfang (10 man), where we got him to 17%.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday?

I actually can't assure attendance on every day except saturday - however, on those days I can show up, I will be able to stay for the full duration.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

Hopefully 3-4, at least two(!).

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

None that I can think of, really...

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?

Not too shabby PC, got around 40 FPS in raids, doesnt affect my gameplay.

Do you ever have latency problems?

No, I do not.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

*Read and understood* Already have the required addons.

Are you using any other addons?

Only some other addons built in the UI I'm using that I have no Idea of what they're actually doing. Happy

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/WoWScrnShot_061010_233017.jpg

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

Sure thing.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

Can't say I'm a RP player, so no....

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?

Back in the middle of Classic - I was just levelin slow and learning the game mechanics - and woops, there was TBC released.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?

I defenitely think that I can work on the DPS.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)

Very different. All between 2-8 hours.

Do you share your account with anybody?

No, I do not.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

I am currently in Closed Circle - and I like it there, for sure. I'm applying to Echoes of Lordaeron on the simple fact that Chíef plays in it. And of course you guys seem like a nice bunch of fellas to raid with, telling from the Ulduar races I've been in. Happy

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty

B, of course.... What else?

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

I was not aware... :D

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

As stated in the question above, I'd like to play with my mate Chíef. Known him for quite some time now - and hes also the reason for moving to SSL in the first place.

Why do you think we should choose you?

I consider myself as a loyal, solid player. Sure, I have my downsides aswell as any other human being. I hope that I can assist with some decent DPS.

As for the DPS, I recently made myself a fire spec for PvE to try out in ICC, and I must say I like it - could still use a little improvement on a more "perfect" rotation though. And as of this, I'd like to give it a few more tries if you would let me. Happy

Who can we contact for reference*?

Chíef, perhaps.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

I just hope you can "ignore" my efforts in Ulduar (at a certain level), I wasnt aware of any hardmode tacts... and was focusing more on those than actually delivering badass DPS.

Also, if there's anything I've forgot to fill in - please just ask! Kinda late and all this text is gettin blurry by now. :P
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Awesome!

I'm gonna say Vouch cuz you are a cool dude Happy (Swedish )

Du kör med skalman för screenis du ! Happy

BalynWIN
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

I can just say that this guy is really nice and he is willing to learn tactics even he havnt got that far in icc(yet).

I got nothing to say about the gear since I dun shit about mages but anyways, he got much to show so Vouch for trial from me.
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

He´s swedish! Huge vouch! We need more swedish ppl if we are going to do ICC 25 HM´s now. Because everyone know we are the pro ones!

I´m gonna let Illva take a look at your character.

I love that you took the screenshot after we just downed LK 25 and I yelled in trade "EoL downed fucking LK 25, hell yeah!!"

/Arkas
Illva
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hi Burnbabý, I'm happy to see you apply to Echoes of lordaeron!

We are verry much in need of a good mage right now as we only have one active atm. (but amg a gnome!!)

I had a look at your armory profile and I like what I see. Your gear is good, allthough you do need quite a few upgrades. I only have a few things to coment here, wich is really smex.

Gear: Not bad, but you should defo stay arcane untill you have the gear for fire. Arcane is far better dps-wise until you start getting icc heroic gear. As for arcane I'd get the t10 chest and swap your leggings for [Leggings of Woven Death] as that's the optimal t10 customisation you'll get. You could use a better neck, boots and wand but that will come after a few raids with us. ;)

Enchants: All good exept 2 things. Your staff and boots. It's far better to use greater spellpower on a staff than black magic. As for your boots, I'd suggest you choose tuskars vitality instead of a tiny amount of hit and crit. The movement speed you get from tuskars is imba in icc and will make your dps higher than what you curently have, trust me.

Gems: Gems are spot on. Nothing to coment on there, but for arcane ofc, wich you should raid as until your get abit better gear.

Glyphs: Your glyphs are perfect for both specs. Missing a minor in your arcane spec tho. ;)

Spec: Fire spec is perfect. But for arcane I would not suggest to spend talentpoints in incanters absorbtion. It was a really imba talent untill the last patch when you could get a priest or paladin to shield you and it would proc from that. Now it only works for fire and frost damage, wich you get only in a couple encounters in icc. Put 1 more point in arcane meditation and the 2 other points in either magic absorbtion or arcane stability. Magic absorbtion is a great talent for heroic encounters wich we are facing these days, as it makes the healers job a little smoother + you gain mana from it. tongue out

Professions: Drop hebalism and level it on an alt instead, and get jewelcrafting or engineering/ enchanting for optimal dps. Jewelcrafting is a littlebit better than those other two but just a little. wink

Would like to see you on trail tbh.

Good luck!

~Illva - EoL magerepresentative.

Last edited by Illva on 2010/06/11 9:17; edited 1 time in total
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I know it's only 1 fight, but I've read that IA is amazing for Sindragosa.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Burnbabby
Initiate
Found the forum!

All changes are made (Spec and enchants + the missing glyph).
Burnbabby
Initiate
Found the forum!

As for the T10 chest i still lack 17 emblems for it, once I've got that I'll be replacing the legs (to keep the set bonus).

Also, I forgot to mention this in the application:

I'm going away on vacation on tuesday, and will be back the week after (wednesday). Thought I'd let you know. Happy
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Hi Burn, im Jaenus and I will be handling your app with the current recruit officer being away, ive had a chance to look over your app and the comments made - especially from your class rep in waiting the indomitable Ilva, I should be informing you of my final decision at some point tonight - preferably when im off my stupid retarded phone and on my proper pc :-)
Appreciate the patience and wont keep you waiting now very much longer for the decision Jae :-)

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Siferr

Hope you dont mind me posting a few comments I have a mage myself.

Typical fire spec apart from the one point shifted from Master of Elements to Student of the Mind.

Not seen that before although I can see how the boost to your spirit can boost your crit slightly and lead to marginally higher dps.

This is provided you dont have to spend extra time evocating having gone oom quicker.

As arcane dont forget to see if you can have alternate gear to swap in based on your raid composition although as mentioned in previous posts you want to move towards crafted legs, since you can afford to drop some hit since you have both hit talents and I know you are pretty much certain to have a Balance Druid or a Shadow Priest in the raid.

Being alliance you may also be fortunate to have the 1% buff to your hit rating from a draenei although that may not be a given.

Gems - I was under the impression a mage should never gem more than the 2 blue gems required to activate a meta gem.
Burnbabby
Initiate
Found the forum!

Sifer1 wrote:
Hope you dont mind me posting a few comments I have a mage myself.

Typical fire spec apart from the one point shifted from Master of Elements to Student of the Mind.

Not seen that before although I can see how the boost to your spirit can boost your crit slightly and lead to marginally higher dps.

This is provided you dont have to spend extra time evocating having gone oom quicker.

As arcane dont forget to see if you can have alternate gear to swap in based on your raid composition although as mentioned in previous posts you want to move towards crafted legs, since you can afford to drop some hit since you have both hit talents and I know you are pretty much certain to have a Balance Druid or a Shadow Priest in the raid.

Being alliance you may also be fortunate to have the 1% buff to your hit rating from a draenei although that may not be a given.

Gems - I was under the impression a mage should never gem more than the 2 blue gems required to activate a meta gem.

Those few times that I tried fire out (saurfang 10 man heroic tries), I had no problems with mana at all. But I'm mainly going arcane anyways.
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Merke, Sullin, Miriel, Mystikal, Jaenus) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

cheers

Welcome mate Happy

Burnbabby
Initiate
Found the forum!

Sötpojke wrote:
cheers

Welcome mate Happy

Thank you, Söt. ;)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: