Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aaron/Skantis/Wugu

re: Scarlets -- Mage [Accepted]

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Scarlets
Race:Human
Class:mage
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):33 days 20 hours 55 mins
Talent Built(Armory link please):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Scarlets
Set of glyphs used:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Scarlets&gn=Lum%C3%A9+Quenta
Willing to respec (to another role)?ofc
Professions and their level:jc 450

What are your primary roles during a raid?dps

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?10 man 9/12 icc hc . 25 man icc 7/12 , (with luma gerainth leading raids)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.no Thursdays Mondays not available

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?as many as possible..4-5

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?erm im not really interested in achevs , so dont know , but am proud of my hc progression with luma so far.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?quad 4 2gz per processor, 512 ram , with 512 graphics card ,55fps 175 ms

Do you ever have latency problems?never

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?all ready got them

Are you using any other addons?bartender

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.wont let me do it

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?yep ofc

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?blonde bombshell of a mage

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?wow long time ago when the game first went live , previous to that ff

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?all i think no one knows everything

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?pve . pvp , not tried RP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)6 hours plus . hense the 9 lvl 80s all icc 25 ready on this server

Do you share your account with anybody?no

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?retired GM of the reckoners althought my shammy still there , at the moment 8 lvl 80s in luma, i wont be leaving any of the guilds just need more raid time.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty all

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!ROLF ... back track to previous question cute and tasty ofc

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? to be able to progress the 25 man content at normal and hc level

Why do you think we should choose you? i am reliable and have the saying treat peqple how u want to be treated .. i think this works well and i belive i can give the guild a reliable raider.

Who can we contact for reference*?esgarath, gerainth, unclejesse, tinus, sheiba.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?Just that i have been directed your way by gerainth and have cleared it with luma and they don't mind if i look to 25 man progression as long as im available still for there 10 , as geraith stated he manages it very well so doesn't see why i cant.
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

So you just want to raid 25mans with us? No 10mans?

Youre chars gear looks ok. But can you explain youre gemming?

And why don't you have Arcane Absorption in youre specc? You realize it's free xtra spell dmg on every fight when you got a disc priest around? (which will be most likely every raid in EoL)

EoL members are expected to know their class well, the weird gemming and youre specc suggests that you have some reading to do mate!Happy

But if youre willing to put in the effort needed, then I don't see why you shouldn't get the chance!

Forum Pet

AND that meta...!?!?

yh gems are in transition stage at the moment from int to spell hast so will be done by end of the the week and also new 264 belt tomoz so should sort out the weird geming. i know looks a bit shakey , only ever done 10 mans with this char so any advice will be helpfull , and will def look into changes. ty.

In relation to the only 25 mans , im up for anything tbh.
Aaron/Skantis/Wugu

meta also will be changed it old one that was to fill a slot , if givern trial ill bring the jeming up to scratch , to raid with u giuys dont worry about that , im jc so couple of bgs = new gems np at all
Pyschotaz
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Just to help clarify, you want to raid 25 man content here, but raid 10 man content with your current guild?
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

About gemming. Mages has never gemmed for haste in wotlk. I understand the need when you got crap gear and need haste for arcane to work, but it's not the case here.

As a mage you would gem for SP, in as many sockets as possibly possible, if not use Sp/Haste or Sp/spirit.

Gemming purely for haste is a dps waste. And you will need every bit of dps you can sqeeze out! wink

Please answer also why you don't have Arcane Absorption in youre specc? Happy

k , i want to raid 25 man and 10 man here and 10 man with luma .

10 man with luma is on other chars so this char will be for me to raid with with EOL.

K back to gemming , i never meant for it to come across that i was gemming for haste , iofc will be going to sp as main gems , but i need 2 x sp /haste - sp/ spirit to activate the meta,

Also in relation to the spec , that talent as i read it is near enought to useless , and i have had a read and check of some specs as u mentioned it and have found 3 diff arcane specs that dot evern consider it, also i read it as raising your resistances of certain magics by 40 (0.5) per level) and a 2% mana regen at max , and that's if u resist the spell , 1 i dont plan on getting hit with spells , 2 personally after what i have read seems like a dead talent for arcane mage.

http://www.wowpopular.com/Mage
Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Maniok wrote:
Please answer also why you don't have Arcane Absorption in youre specc? Happy

Mani are you referring to Incanter's Absorption ?

If so, you missed the fact it no longer interacts with any kind of absorbs that are from sources other than the mage themselves. So, only fire and frost ward or mana shield will proc it nowadays.

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Rofl.. Yes indeed I meant IA. And if they nerfed it well ye then it's close to useless again, sorry Scarlets my bad!Happy

*goes to read up on mages*

np mate ,
Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

As far as I see what Butchus is saying in regards to his raiding schedule. He is fully investing this character in EoL, but would like to raid with his other on a Thursday and Monday*?

Anyway, onto the app. Others can speak greater weights on mages than myself. Butchus came into a Lume Quenta ICC10 Pug a while back and we were impressed with his attitude and asked him to apply. (This was on his Prot Warrior) At the time his was joint GM of <The Reckoners> but had one or two issues there with the raiding style and progression.

He has a whopping 8 level 80's (He manages to maintain all 8 in weeklys and daily hcs :S) and as such all are equipped well to handle ICC10 and a few of which are capable of HM's

After my recent return, I was just speaking about raiding with EoL on vent, and as they were all highly positive things, as you can expect it proc'd Butchus' interest and he asked whether it'd be a good idea to apply.

He's a good player and has good initiative. I can trust him in raids to make the right decision without needing to tell him. He's friendly and puts a great deal of care into what he's doing, he will always ask questions when he is unsure (Although most of the time after my long boss explanations he just goes "So my role is to do ____ " where ___ is everything he should be doing, indicating he listened and understood, which is awesome to me.) He cares about the people he's raiding with and is very quick to apologize if something goes wrong, and even quicker at times to apologize when he's done nothing wrong! ;P
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

That's enough for me!^^

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Scarlets

should look better now gem wise,
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey Scarlets!

Thanx you for applying with Echoes of Lordaeron.
I'll be doing a quick review of your toon, and will try to be of any use might I see something less usefull for a raiding toon.

Gear and Enchants
Some gems were already mentioned by above posters, such as the haste gems.
Like Maniok said, pure haste isn't the way to go, although your haste isn't particurly high.
That said, I find the Intellect gems a bit more worrying.
Get rid of those, if you need a yellow gem for a bonus, go for the SP/Haste ones, the Reckless Amatrines.
Try to swap out the PvP bracers, perhaps the Bejeweled Wizard Bracers is an option, will help you with a bit more haste aswell.
Also, get the SP/Spirit legpatch, spirit isn't all that, but extra stamina won't help your DPS at all.
To that extend, your boots enchant seems a tad wasted aswell.
Personally I think you're better off with Tuskarr's Vitality.
Less movement = more DPS, certainly as Arcane, and certainly in ICC.
Then there's your weapon...
It's a damn nice weapon to have, but a good onehander, and a nice offhander, will yield you alot more haste, and perhaps some crit.
Obviously, this will result in more damage done over the course of a fight.

Then there's one more thing, and I've been saving this for last...
You don't have any T10!!
Seriously, forget everything I said above, and get some T10 first... Or rather, all of it, except the pants.
The bonussen are immense, and can't be overlooked.
There's no way in hell you'll be able to stack enough haste, crit or SP to overcome the loss of the setbonusses, really. wink

Talents and Glyphs
At first, there's Student of the Mind.
This is almost a complete waste of 3 valuable talentpoints. wink
Fill out Magic Attunement, to move less, and be able to cast more.
Magic Absorption would get ya 'bout 30% less incoming dmg from magic, the mana return is just an added bonus.
Arcane Stability is an option aswell, although not very usefull in ICC.
Hell, even Slow would serve you better then Student of the Mind. Happy
The added dmg on Blizzard you get from Ice Shard isn't that usefull either, Arcane magi aren't build for massive AoE.
In combination with the glyphs, Frost Warding is alot more usefull.

That brings us to the glyphs.
The needed ones are there, although the minors could be optimized.
I recommend taking the Frost and Fire Ward glyph, combined with the aformentioned talent.
The Arcane Brilliance and Frost Armor glyphs are useless once the fight has started. wink

One more thing, Mining might not serve you in a fight, however, Kudos for lvling JC! wink
I'll leave the rest to Illva, regarding experience, raiding, etc.

Good luck on your application!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: