Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: pancakess (resto/boomkin) druid. [accepted]

Taz stop bitchin!

Likes forums

but we missed him!

But he's a bully its not my fault i cant spell
haaha ah its alll fun and games Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Pyschotaz wrote:
Ah the bold, then lack of bold, then bold again and then lack again...how dare you mess the bold up!

Anyway, I'm bit depressed for young British people if your english is standard amongst them, and based on Becki it probably is. Some aweful grammar and punctuation, as well as spelling that's even bad by my dyslexic standards. Ah well.

Anyway mate you missed out a couple questions. Otherwise good luck to you sir.

Oh the irony.
I did read the dyslexia-part, but still envy

yhh you tell him Happy hahaaa, typical dyslexic :P ^^
Pyschotaz
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Meh, I make mistakes too, anyway I'm allowed to bully applicants, it's a test to see how they react, if they can't handle me, how can they handle a Merke raid.
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hai thar Pancakess. I'm one of EoL's (few!) resident trees and I'll just take a quick look over the resto-side of your application. I'm sure the druid class rep Mystikal will have something to add later on when he's not pewpewing ICC!

Talents: Pretty cookie-cutter 14/0/57 spec. At your haste level you could probably get away with taking the points of out Nature's Grace and popping them in Revitalize as it's a fairly nifty talent that helps the raid slightly.

Glyph: I see no [Glyph of Wild Growth] ! It is a must have for 25man raiding. Replace either Nourish or Swiftmend, either is acceptable. I personally run with Nourish/R.Rejuv/Wild Growth but I know others prefer their Swiftmend to not steal HoTs. wink

Gemming: Generally fine. Good to see a balance between SP & Haste. Don't be afraid to use [Insightful Earthsiege Diamond] if you're having mana troubles however.

Enchants: Fine, not really much you can do wrong there. However I will point out the value of Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality which is especially useful in high-movement fights which basically covers *most* of ICC. Something to consider.

Gear: Now, due to correct gemming your haste is of an acceptable level but just shy of the 856 'softcap'. I see you have a fair few crit pieces which ultimately, is gonna lower your SP due to you having to gem for SP/Haste. I would advise to try and shift away from the Crit pieces (even if it means a slight ilevel downgrade!) towards more haste-based items to try and up your haste & eventually spellpower through gemming. It is preferable to reach the softhaste cap through gearing rather than gemming however, being unlucky with drops/access to content makes that somewhat more challenging of course.

One last thing, ditch [Binding Light] immediately! It is a godawful trinket that has little to no use for any healer. You'd be better off with something as outdated as [The Egg of Mortal Essence] . With regards on what to spend your frost emblems on, looking at your gear at a glance, I'd run VoA each week and try for tier legs whilst saving up for [Vestments of Spruce and Fir] or [Purified Lunar Dust]

I've probably missed something as unfortuantly I'm falling apart IRL but good luck with your application!

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:
Anyway, I'm bit depressed for young British people if your english is standard amongst them, and based on Becki it probably is.

Suck on my 2xA's at English GCSE, Taz. envy

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Hello Pancakess, I'm the resident Druid Class Rep, fresh out of a heroic ICC25 night, so forgive me for the delay in posting here! tongue out

I doubt there's much for me to add as Vieane knows her stuff, but I will give your application a quick glance either later tonight or tomorrow and leave my CR verdict - even if it's to say "do what Vieane said" tongue out

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'

okay ive sorted out the glyph and boot enchant, and yeah im currently saving for vestments of spruce and fir Happy and i'll shall ditch binding light as soon as i have got a new trinket Happy

i'll look around and see what other haste items i can get, but as soon as i get that chest i should be okay with haste.

Pyschotaz
EoL-Veteran

Vieane wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, I'm bit depressed for young British people if your english is standard amongst them, and based on Becki it probably is.

Suck on my 2xA's at English GCSE, Taz. envy

*cough* exams getting easier *cough*
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Ok Pancakess, apologies for the delay.

Looking over your application, you've got a decent level of haste and spellpower. You would definitely be best off dropping the 3/3 Nature's Grace as it'll just cause Nourish to clip the GCD and you won't really be casting Regrowth often enough to really benefit from it.

Glyphs are sorted so good work there

For your gems, you don't need to worry about activating socket bonuses unless it's a +9SP or greater bonus. As you're almost haste soft capped, you can afford to gem for pure SP which will grant larger healing returns than crit (Living Seed is pretty much the only thing that benefits).

Overall it's a pretty good-looking app. Do please get rid of the [Binding Light] trinket - any of the ones Vieane suggested will do, but that trinket is just so very, very bad tongue out

We definitely have room for a good Resto Druid and it could be you.

I'll leave my vouch here and say good luck!

Mystikal, Archdruid of <Echoes of Lordaeron>

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'

ahh no worries. thanks for teh review Happy and yes im trying to loose the trinket, so bare with me on that one Happy and okay ill do a bit of regemming when i have some pennies Happy. oooo i thinks it could be me too :D

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Sullín, Merke, Esmeraldá) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

wow didn't realise standards had slipped so low :-S

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: