Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Orinous

re: Virtas Application [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: male
Nationality: english

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Virtas
Race: Human
Class: warlock
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 98 days 14 hours 50 minutes 50 seconds
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Virtas&gn=Ironforge+Massage+Club
Set of glyphs used: Glyph of quick decay glyph of life tap glyph of Haunt
Willing to respec (to another role)? Yes

Professions and their level: enchanting 251 tailouring 429 I recently changed to these professions to help out with my raiding so I'm still leveling them

What are your primary roles during a raid? Dps

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? so many to name ive been to probarly every raid in wow getting further in some than in others.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 2 but I can raid more if needed

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? ive played since vannilla and have had my fair shares of experiances with wow its not an achievment but its something =p

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? 60 fps

Do you ever have latency problems? rarely

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes

Are you using any other addons?

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Has a dominating personality who isnt afraid to risk things for personal gain and power.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? about 5 years ago i dont remeber the exact date.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Could improve on my damage and my knowledge of the high end raids

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? Pve pvp rp

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) far too mutch 10+ hours

Do you share your account with anybody? no

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? iron forge massage club reason for leaving doesnt raid has an unfreindly attitude

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Definetly tasty.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! gnomes pies ftw!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I have a few close freinds of mine in your guild and i would love to share there experiances with you guys

Why do you think we should choose you? im a dedicated player with both the will and skill to improve

Who can we contact for reference*? laerel gromthor

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Pyschotaz
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Re: Virtas Application

Orinous wrote:

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? so many to name ive been to probarly every raid in wow getting further in some than in others.

Can you give us an idea of wrath raiding experience then at least?

ive completed totc 10 man first parts of icecrown 10 and 25 defearing saurfang a few different bosses in uldular voa 10 and 25 obsidian sanctum 10 and 25 and onyxia think i got em all hehe

Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Experiance is pretty low.
as we have lots of locks in our raiding team atm. 4 in tonights raid and 2 not.

Don't be surprised if you are declined

GL with your application!

Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Hi there Virtas!

Sullin the Warlock Class Leader will no doubt be along at some point, but right now it's early and I'm up, So I'm going to give an evaluation of your app.

Your App

Initially you've missed 2 questions, which both are quite important as they give a huge indication of how you play. If you could answer these paying particular attention to any addons you use for specifically tracking DoTs, and any addons relevant to your spec. Concerning drain soul, T10 Procs etc.

Quote:
Are you using any other addons?

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

You application is also a little thin on the ground, it doesn't give me a clear indication of the sort of person you are either, this evaluation is not just about your character, but about how well you will fit into the guild atmosphere and how cool you are. (How some people ever got in is beyond me.)

Your Gear

I hate talking gear personally, as it's something that can easily be improved upon, but nevertheless we're in a position now whereby we are raiding the top tier of content and would require you to pull your weight effectively and it's important for me to ascertain that you've done all you can in order to maximise your output.

((Oh lame.. you've logged out in PvP Gear. Fix quickly pls!))

Your Spec

I can't tell currently whether you're hit capped, or anything along those lines, but I will say it's very rare that I find any raiding aff Warlock to need 3/3 Suppression. If you need it however this is moot point, but atm I can't give any evaluation here.

Life Tap 2/2 now outweighs the mana gained by Dark Pact, and with the scaling of SP and the large hp values now in Lolcrown means the 2.5k or so Life Tap damage doesn't even make a dent. ((Not when you have a deal going with the trees. 1 SS for all your HoTs.))

Other than that, spec/glyphs in the right place, I'd only be able to make recommendations if I could see your hit rating value.

Your Experience

This concerns me

Quote:
Earned the achievement Storming the Citadel (10 player) for 10 points. 7 hours, 7 minutes ago

Being in IFMC, I can only assume that you're likely to be an alt of another player, considering a low achievement score I'd assume you zoomed through content to level this alt fast and intend to gear up quickly to raid competitively.

Basically, a full evaluation can't be done until I can see you in PvE gear and as Sot rightly said we are overstocked with locks currently ((Over-locked.)) and you would have to be an exceptional apply and wipe the floor with our current raiding locks convincingly to find a spot.
Nilieth/Mymri
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I know he's in PvP gear but based on that I'd be afraid of what his PvE gear is like, considering he has 12,01% hit in PvP gear (you need 5), and is [i]much[i/] too low on Spell Penetration. It's PvP gear yes, but it does suggest lack of class knowledge.

Some people seem very harsh to judge. Especialy you arlynn.

Its easy to stand and point and say ' scrub'. You say lack of class knowedge, I say lack of oppertunity to raid.

This is scarshield legion, its so hard to gear up now unless you are in a raiding guild as most pugs wont make it past saurfang.

We are at the point now where its very easy to gear people up inside of raids, however as we know gear doesnt always go very far if you dont have the skills to use it. Like you say arlynn, makes you wonder how some people got invited.

Anyway I've known virtas for a while now and he is an excellent player and he is exactly what we need right now, someone who wants to play and succed, and who isnt a complete mong and forgets simple things like moving from fire, standing behind iceblocks or even the time left on their demonic circle.

So its a big vouch from me, if you remeber how good rokal turned out to be once he got a bit of gear, this will be exactly the same.

And maybe this time if people dont act like twats I might have a friend who decides to stay in this guild.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

I love how the entire guild gets blamed for Rokal leaving. As I recall it was 3 or 4 individuals.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Illva
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

I can tell you this is a good guy, I've got to know him a quite abit lately, hes fun to be around.

Nice attitude and good skills. He's a damn good pvper too. Me and him killed a legion of hordes in Wintergrasp alone. Me on mage him on holy pala. ^^

If he played since vanilla he should know what he's doing right?
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

However at this point there is no sense in taking on anyone that cannot hold their own in ICC25HM.
So I do want a checkover of his gear before we go in any direction.

With thye general lack of DPS we have now I don't see a problem with 5-6 locks in a raid though. Can compensate for the lack of SP's and mages wink

Just ended up in a random dungeon run with him. DPS seemed ok but SoC in heroics tends to inflate things. Single-target on bosses was fairly respectable.

Only thing that struck me as a 'should know' was the fact that he was using CoE for 80% of the dungeon when he should have gone for CoA or CoD with me there instead. He did switch over straightaway when I brought it to his attention though.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Just one question really, why have you waited so long into this expansion to actually apply to a raiding guild?

Raiding experience just seems way too low tbh.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Orinous

Hello all! im sorry if my application was abit vauge its been ages since ive done one hehe ^^

Ah yeah sorry about logging out in pvp items i was pvping with illva most of the night with varied success :p

Yeah atm in both my pvp gear and my pve gear i have too mutch hit rating im working on changing this its pretty hard to get drops from pugs though =p

as for my pvp gear its basically just an off hobby of mine i havent pvped properly on my warlock for quite some time so havent spent the money on decent gems/enchants i would not call it a lack of class knowledge ^^

as for addons atm im using DBM Quartz omen threat meter and grid ill nab a screenshot next time im in a raid and pop it on here for you guys Happy

Orinous

Just ended up in a random dungeon run with him. DPS seemed ok but SoC in heroics tends to inflate things. Single-target on bosses was fairly respectable.

Only thing that struck me as a 'should know' was the fact that he was using CoE for 80% of the dungeon when he should have gone for CoA or CoD with me there instead. He did switch over straightaway when I brought it to his attention though.

hehe was a good run mate! and yeah about the CoE its because im so used to running dungeons without boomkins so i just always seem to use it in heroics

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

It was a good run and as I said, what was more important to me was that you switched curses when I mentioned it, you didn't act like an elitist prick and tell me not to tell you how to play, or something like that Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: