Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feronius
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Suspicious In-game Mail.

DO NOT VISIT THE FOLLOWING SITE: wogwo.com/wow.exe

Got a mail from Liesje and Mystikal (liesjes was in spanish confused ) which were highly suspicious about a guildvideo and for us to check it out.
I don't trust the .exe and the fact I got 2 identical messages in different languages + both had my personal name as subject..
Both the names Liesje and Mystikal had a weird sign above the I, so be aware of this when you get a weird mail.. it's obviously fake.

So.. DO NOT visit that site please, be warned. Anyone who visited the link scan your comps to be sure.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Confirming this. I had one from Liesje only with an accent over the 'i' in her name, again in Spanish.

The scammers use the Armoury to find out who the officers in a given guild are to try and fool players.

Please be careful checking your mail and DO NOT GO TO A SITE WITH AN EXE IN THE NAME!!
All our videos get posted in the appropriate forum here anyway, so we will not be sending them out via in-game mail.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Steve-o Stonecold

I can confirm... In SWO, we had the same problem with Ishii. Also, someone with a very similar name, aside from the í in the name.

It's not a single event anymore, it's happening all across the server.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum