Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Sasmus - Restoration Shaman [Accepted]

Sorry I havent replied yet, not been around much on the forums these last few days, and when I have, only briefly. I'll give you a proper response tomorrow.

Ras

Ever so eager to reply

I hope to catch you if I log tonight for that random, though I may be busy with set-ups etc.

I hope that Rasz can respond soon also. Happy

Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Thank you for applying to the Echoes of Lordaeron, Hi!

I am Raszagal, King of the Shamans (he wishes - would make for an awesome title envy) and I will be evaluating your application. Don't be scared, I'm gentle wink

Anyway, the serious part..

Gear: Looks reasonable, however your head definetly needs replacing. It's T8 and tbh, with all the badges you can farm from heroics these days, you should easily be able to get yourself up the the T9 gear, if not T10. Could also do with a better weapon - even if you pug run ToC 10 normal you could easily replace with argent resolve or mace of the earthborn chieftain. Another cloak wouldnt go amiss either, again if you pug Ony 10/25 you can get your hands on the fluttering sapphiorn drake.
Enchants: You are lacking very good enchants on your head. You need to quickly grind rep for Kirin Tor, which can be done easily through running plenty of heroics. I'd also like to know why you're missing a vital enchant on your bracers. You can get an enchanter (or buy a scroll) to do you +30 SP on those bad boys. The rest are fine - could have taken +10mp5 on chest and +15 stam on boots, but thats just down to personal preference.
Gems: No problem there, but you might want to look at changing your +20 haste gem in your head to +10 haste and +5mp5 for the socket bonus, but again not vital, down to personal preference.
Glyphs: Again fine, you have the main one's - CH, earth shield etc.
Spec: I think you have wasted 3 points in elemental weapons, they would be better spent on healing way. 25% extra healing on healing wave far outways 10% extra bonus healing you get from your earthliving weapon.

- (Addons) As long as you run all the one's that are listed in our policy, then thats fine enough for me. However, you might want to whisper Saresja or Redshaman (I cant put Cerv's name, dont know how to do the accent over his name ) and find out what extra add-ons they use that might be helpful to you.

- (Second-proffesions / Achievements, BONUS) Professions are fine, certainly high enough for what we require - not a slacker like Posner I see ;)

- (Raiding experience / Previous guilds / Motivation / Other behaviour comments) I must admit I'm concerned with the feedback you've already received from some of our members. We do value their comments and feedback, especially if they have had "first hand" experience raiding/running heroics with that person. However, I and the other officers will judge that for ourselves if/when we trial you/test you on heroics etc. I can understand you havent had that much raid experience since you have been in a guild that has disbanded and another that is more social. Fear not, we are social too, but obviously have the experience of raiding as well Happy However, its more about your capabilities, how fast you can learn and how much you dedicate yourself (ie learning tactics on boss fights without having to be reminded/asked, how much you can raid etc) than actual experience itself - that we can teach you.

- (Current Recruiting state) We are in need of more resto shamans, but please understand that our need for more doesnt mean you will get accepted for a trial or gurantee you a raid spot. We rely on having good players, not just enough people to fill a raid Happy

I would like to see you in action in a few heroics and perhaps, if it can be organised, a pug run of ToC 10 normal. The only other concern I have is your FPS and the fact that you share your internet (which results in problems). Again, please understand that if we noticed you dc'd a lot or your net was being problematic, it would result in a fail (if we were to take you as a trialist). However, I'm glad to see you can raid quite often and to the times we require. You also seem like a friendly chap, having a nice personality, while not being the most important part of the application still helps us to make a decision Happy Lastly, I can see you're not much of an RPer (admitedly, neither am I) but as long as you respect others, socially in the game and not just of the guild then thats fine.

Good luck on your application,
the final word is with the Recruitment officer.

May Nobundo guide your hand!
Raszagal, Shaman Class representative

PS - Sorry the late response.

Serious Troll <3

I've never heared of Vuhdo. I really like Healbot for healing, gives incoming heals, shows out of range, shows debuffs, shows HoTs, Earthshield, stacks on stuff, mana bar, aggro and much more And you can even still read people's names!!!
Furthermore I've got like 4-5 shaman addons and I don't know which gives me what reminder anymore confused
I got Yet Another Totem Addon (YATA), Shaman Warning, Shock and Awe (for enhance mostly) and Shaman Friend.

I've been away from the internet a few days, hope that doesn't show less eagerness.

I have a level 232 helm in my bag i got from the new heroics, just need to gem it. I'm guessing for the enchant you mean the Wyrmrest one? (which i have just farmed reputation for).
I will try to get in a group for ToC for a new weapon, can't make no promises with the current guild of clearing all 5 in one go.

I can fix the internet problem with a quick restart, but overall my fps seems fine while in raids wink

Thanks for the reply.
Posner™
Chatterbox

Quote:
not a slacker like Posner i see :-)

Ahem!?! I'm not the one who left it two days after his initial post saying "ill check it tomorrow" :P

I think you mean [Arcanum of Blissful Mending] for the head enchant though rasz.

As for Vuhdo, it's kinda like healbot/grid: http://wowfrostmage.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/vuhdo_vdraid5.jpg
And allows him to show his water shields etc. on a separate column (with timers) if i remember correctly. not sure if it shows debuffs though.

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Healbot shows my water shields as well. And other's too.

Shieldsup is a nice simple addon to keep track of shields.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/shieldsup.aspx

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron. During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Raszagal, Miriel, Dúnedain, Elliya) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: