Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Caper, Restoration Shammy [Accepted]

Zhalla wrote:
about the OOC i dont mind how you talk to me just dont yell or somthing like that =P and how my charr is its a silent drainei who alwyas help other people in danger

What we mean is that you respect the RP policy of the server. That means, as a few examples:

- Not spamming trade with the 'anal' or 'dirge' style spams.
- Not using smilies in /s.
- Not laughing, insulting or otherwise degrading those people who are actually roleplaying.
- Emotes must make sense. So "Caper summons a huge Fire Elemental!" as a macro for your Fire Elemental totem might be fun. But "Caper thinks you are all n00bs" is not, no matter how true it might be tongue out

These are just some examples. What we mean is how you act towards others on the server, not just within the guild. This applies to our raids as well.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Capeer
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

aah ok i do recpecct the rules from Rpérs ofc i respect everyone and i dont spam anything i hate it myself if someone is spamming anything anywhere
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Ure spamming my ears when u talk to me ! Q_Q

Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Galsif wrote:
Ure spamming my ears when u talk to me ! Q_Q

Actually, that would be me

I'm away for the weekend, just stealing some internet off one of my friends to let you know that I've read your anwsers and I will be casting my verdict as soon as Im home (Sunday)

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Thank you for applying to the Echoes of Lordaeron, Hi!
I'm Raszagal, the shaman CL. I'll be evaluating your application (after 3 days, finally. I know, I slack tongue out).

Anyway, the serious part..

Gear: Nothing wrong there, although perhaps you could with an upgrade to your weapon, say the honged fang of the mystics from Ony 25 - you should be able to run it with any decent pug group. Also, your wrists could do with an upgrade - look to have the black chitin bracers crafted. The mats (since 3.3) really wont be that expensive now, and it would be a big upgrade for you.
Enchants: All fine except for your chest. You could go +10 mp5, but thats personal preference - what bothers me if you are going to do +all stats, it should be the best possible enchant you can get. You've gone +8 all stats instead of +10. You may not think it, but +2 can make a difference, more int, more crit chance, more mana regen etc. For raiding you need the best that you can get, so it does actually matter.
Gems: I'd have to agree with Cerv on this one. You dont want to be gemming haste at the cost of ignoring spell power socket bonuses - after all, spell power is > all other stats. You should really change the haste to haste/sp gems (only in your belt really since thats the socket bonus you havent got).
Glyphs: All fine, although depending on whether you might be tank healing or not id have a glyph of healing wave available to swap out for glyph of riptide (if necessary since riptide is more beneficial for raid healing).
Spec: Standard, cookie-cutter build. Fine.

- (Addons) All fine. FMR is something you would install if/when you get accepted for trial. We just need to know your pc has the capability to handle the add-ons we require (which seems so Happy).

- (Second-proffesions / Achievements, BONUS) The only thing that majorly lets you down is your lack of a secondary profession. It's really, really important you have 2 and they are maxed (or at least 400-420) and you only have enchanting. Now, if you were to get a trial period, to successfully pass I would want to see a second one and for it to be levelled ASAP. I recommend JC for the epic dragonseyes level gems or alchemy (I know there are other uses, but id say the best thing about it is the extra duration of flasks and creating of flasks). An alchemist would be better to add to its effects here really.

- (Raiding experience / Previous guilds / Motivation / Other behaviour comments) I do have to refer to a couple of things here:

1) I'm a little concerned about your FPS and connectivity. Do you often problems in raids? Do you DC a lot during encounters? etc

2) You left AoT because you were bored. Fair enough, but why have you not re-applied there? Is there something else we should know about? Ofc, im not saying you should, I'd just like an understanding of why you havent Happy

Apart from that, as long as there are no major lag/dc issues and you respect the guild's RP policy (which you said you will) then I'd like to see you taken for a trial. We are currently in need of shammie healers, but please understand our need wont outweight or sway our decision to pass or fail your trial - we want to see the best from you, so if you get accepted, come prepared; tactics, food, flasks, pots etc.

Anyway, enough waffling from me!

Good luck on your application,
the final word is with the Recruitment officer.

May Nodundo guide your hand!
Raszagal, Class representative

Found the forum!

my comp can handle 25 mans and 10 mans atm i have a prob with my internet but thats prob cause i got wow and skype on but on raids i dont DC maybe once to put addons right but not every minute

im working on proff´s atm i might take JC as second one for the epix gems and ill put all my money in to level is ASAP

i didnt re apply in AoT but i got inv as cheerleader cause i knew some people in the guild and i just wanted to talk with them and i just stayed as cheerleader
Qeal
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Yo Caper, since you used a Dwarf Priest as your reference I'll drop a line too.

I know Caper as a friendly, polite and active player. I think he dinged level 80 a month ago, I did enchant some of his gear back then.

His gear/enchants/professions are slackerish, but that might be due to the fact he just dinged 80. However, those things really need to be fixed to meet the EoL standards.

With respect to his talents/glyphs/gear: I don't know anything Shamans, except they are really tall. Ras/Liesje/Red are the experts here.

ICC10 I think someone mentioned he did ICC10 once, I was in that raid too. Surprisingly, we two-healed everything there. I hate to mention Recount here but his HPS was on the same level as my HPS excluding shields. Something must be wrong here since Liesje & Red are always way higher when it comes to pure HPS compared to mine. We had good communication btw, I still owe you a thanks for that.

Constructive part: read everything on EJ & evil Shammy blogs there is on healing. Also, don't forget to configure Grid/Healbot properly. Do these things and your healing will improve significantly.

Conclusion: I think he lacks some knowledge/gear/effort on this character. If he manages to fix these issues (requires a lot of dedication) he could be a good healer since he's active, friendly, polite and willing to listen.
Denize
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Me likes him <3

Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Denize wrote:
Me likes him <3

That says it al doesn it?

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

He was in my pug up to Saurfang today, and was doing what he was told, actually talked on vent aswell. So I guess he isn't as bad as he's armoury looks! wink
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.
During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Raszagal, Miriel, Dúnedain, Riha) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

- Miriel/Norrinja
Assistant Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Gz Caper!

I think there should be some agreement on the leveling of his professions btw.
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Indeed.

We would like to see you leveling your professions, and if your not working on them we will make sure that your told to.

But have no fear we dont bite (that much).

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

By the end of the week, I'd like to see it at least half-way please.

Ras

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: