Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Thyralion
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

re: Mirena - main change app [Accepted]

Regarding gemming. There're two sollutions. To stack 23SP gems and have only 2 blue gems to activate Meta (you will gain about 5DPS more than if you go for socket bonuses -> based on rawr and I also tested it in real and tbh the difference is abysmal... not worth to go for this option) or to do it the way which Carina/Mirena and also other mages in EOL do, to enable socket bonuses if they're worth to.

Regarding your Spec, as Mani wrote, Slow (for Saurfang I suggest to use Frostbolt rank 1 -> it slows targets for 40% + with Frostbite you have a chance to freeze targets in place) isn't worth to spend 1 talent point on it, and Incanter's Absorption is much better (especially if you have 2 points in it rather than 1) and also 2 points in Frost warding is really nice talent which can give you more survivability + some mana if used properly > superior to Ice Shards. Arcane spec has very bad AOE and 2 points in Ice Shards doesn't make any difference. If you want to have good AOE spec (e.g for ICC trash or for some HMs like Anoob HM ) then go for FFB offspec which is the best AOE spec which mages can have. (when you're arcane, you will deal more dmg if you single target than if you use blizzard or Flame Strike (unless you have more than 3 targets), Arcane Explosion is quite good for 3 and more targets but still you can't compete with SPs or Locks or Retridins if you're arcane)

Gear is fine -> in terms of using gear with haste than crit (maybe boots can be replaced by ones with haste but gear will come in time so no probs, you are skilled player and you know which stats are important)

So to sum things up, I don't see any reason why not to trial you, sad we will loose exceptional healer but WOW is just a game and if you don't like to play with your healer anymore than at least we won't loose you.
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Maniok wrote:
I had some unpleasant experiences with it in the past!xD For firespecc it suggests to stack crit and screw haste all over

Mani, I'm glad you rerolled, I would've gnome-cock-slapped you all the way back to Azaroth..!
You prob. fucked up settings or something, really, or you had below 20% base crit or w/e...

I had a quick chat regarding Rawr with her, and she doesn't seem to be needing help with it.

Like I told Carina last night, I'll give it a day, probably respond tonight in the way I should. Happy

Don't like Rawr :< tells me to gem Int for sustained fights..

Exactly...rawr fail at gemming imo..:p
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Airsha wrote:
Don't like Rawr :< tells me to gem Int for sustained fights..

It keeps telling my prospective Moonkins to gem for crit and then I have to shapeshift into Pimp Form and bitch slap them.

Shame to lose you on your Priest, but I've seen your dps output in various raids just lately and it's very very good. You know that EoL will never turn away an exceptional applicant and I think you might just qualify.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Sunnybunny
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

shes no illva yet but you'd be mad to think that she'll do anything other than outstanding
and as mysti says, she does very competative deeps on her mage

Found the forum!

hi Airsha are you back? I just want to say hello to everyone.

Thyralion wrote:
Regarding your Spec, as Mani wrote, Slow (for Saurfang I suggest to use Frostbolt rank 1 -> it slows targets for 40% + with Frostbite you have a chance to freeze targets in place) isn't worth to spend 1 talent point on it, and Incanter's Absorption is much better (especially if you have 2 points in it rather than 1) and also 2 points in Frost warding is really nice talent which can give you more survivability + some mana if used properly > superior to Ice Shards.

I've taken your advice and moved a few points around - if you insist Slow isn't needed for Saurfang then I'll take your word for it. I pretty much have the same spec as you use now Thy wink

To the other posters: Thanks for the support!

P.S. And Airsha I'm sorry

Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

*pokes Chill* C'mon don't tell me you accidentally deleted the post you had prepared again

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

he's not at home hun. You can expect a post later today.

I know don't worry, just poking fun at Chill since we were doing some BG's last night and he needed to reboot his PC. When he logged back in he realised he'd lost the post he'd written for my app

Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

Forums are back up..! \o/
(Lol, can you imagine how long this post has been waiting in my screen..? )

So Carina, as you heard me swear and curse last night when I rebooted my PC, while I was halfway through my reply, I'll give you the debatable honor of haveing my shortest reply ever..! wink

Your spec and glyphs are fine, personally I'm a bit more tolerant regarding the Slow talent, I think it adds the flavour to Arcane, and it's a real life-saver.
Your gear is 'bout equal to mine, it won't be a obstacle for current content.
But let's be fair, I'm telling you little news here.

Regarding experience; I'm well aware that I'm talking to the best priest of SSL, there's little to be learned in relation to raiding or general awareness.

Like I said; I think we covered most of it last night on Vent, and if there's ever anything, a simple /poke will do the trick! Happy

The question at hand here is really 'bout if EoL is willing to lose one hell of a priest, in favor to gain a potentially great mage.
Like you stated yourself, this isn't something you thought lightly 'bout.
I'm sure you weighted all the pro's and con's, and as such, there's little I can add.

For all I care, if you wanted to be SSL's first DK healer; you got my vouch.
Having you in the mage team can be nothing less then an asset. wink

If the Recruitment Officer has time, I'd like her to give the green light for a trail.
Although we've known ya for long enough, and it might not be more then a mere formality -- it is just that, a formality.

Good luck gurl! Happy

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Raszagal, Miriel, Dúnedain, Riha, Merke) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: