Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denareth

re: Donaréth - Paladin application [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Finnish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Donaréth
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): Total 15, at 80 6 days
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Donar%C3%A9th (it havent updated yet, if I got no gem in shoulders)
Set of glyphs used:

Glyph of Judgement
Glyph of Divine Storm
Glyph of Exorcism
Glyph of Blessing of Might
Glyph of Lay on Hands
Glyph of Sense Undead

Willing to respec (to another role)? Yes

Professions and their level:

Mining 450
Jewelcrafting 100 (I will lvl it soon)

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?

This char was lvl 40 when 3.3 came out and I havent been raiding alot on this char but I have cleared overall on my 3 chars

Naxx10/25
OS10/25
VoA10/25
Ony10/25
ToC10

(Yes I know thats not much, but if all raids cleared is needed to joining the guild I could clear them all)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes, I think so :)

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

Well I could do every raid every week :)

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

Level 10!
Just kidding, I don't really have hard to get - achievements

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?

Dalaran 60 FPS, instances not much, but had little laggy in wipefest ICC25

Do you ever have latency problems?
Not really

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

Well I have only DBM and ventrilo, but yes I can dl all that are needed

Are you using any other addons?

Questhelper
Atlas
Atlasloot
Recount

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

No problem

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

I don't RP much, but my char does swear alot :D

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 2008 dec

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?

I really don't know

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?

PvE
PvP
RP

I like doing dungeons and raids (PvE)
I like to kill hordes (PvP)
I don't RP much

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 1-10? :D

Do you share your account with anybody? Yes, my brother

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving
them?

Sisu
Serbian Knights
Bushido (GM destroyed it)

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty

d) midgets <3

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

No I don't really care what class people play.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

I just feel like it, and I heard the guild is good

Why do you think we should choose you?

Because I never give up :D

Who can we contact for reference*?

in-game:

Donaréth
Donareth
Ankhises
Váleera

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

Im excited, but I think you decline my application.
Hope the armory have been updated, because at the moment it shows my older gear :p

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Donaréth, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Galsif is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

For starters, I should let you know that at them moment we have our recruitments on hold. This is because we are getting full on memebers and have alot of initiates to deal with, however on rare occations we do take good players in for a trial.

I think your armory has been updated now, at least to me it looks like it ;)
Your application seems fairly okay to me, and you seem to have experiance near the level that we will need these days Happy
However I think it's your atls that you linked as referances right? We kinda need people who knows you and not yourself Happy

When Galsif has given his opinion, possible issues has been solved, and our set up maker has given a verdict as to rather we have room for another melee DPS I shall give my verdict as rather we will trial you or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Last edited by Airaniel on 2010/01/21 8:38; edited 1 time in total

Hey there Donaréth, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Galsif is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

For starters, I should let you know that at them moment we have our recruitments on hold. This is because we are getting full on memebers and have alot of initiates to deal with, however on rare occations we do take good players in for a trial.

I think your armory has been updated now, at least to me it looks like it ;)
Your application seems fairly okay to me, and you seem to have experiance near the level that we will need these days Happy
However I think it's your atls that you linked as referances right? We kinda need people who knows you and not yourself Happy

When Galsif has given his opinion, possible issues has been solved, and our set up maker has given a verdict as to rather we have room for another healer I shall give my verdict as rather we will trial you or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

So do you mean you need only me as a healer?
Well I have been collecting tank gear before I pay for offspec..
I have never healed before anywhere..

In reference:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Donareth
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Ankhises
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=V%C3%A1leera

Yes, they are my alts.

Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Donareth wrote:

In reference:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Donareth
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Ankhises
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=V%C3%A1leera

Yes, they are my alts.

No she means we only take exceptional applicatans and that the Class representitive and the one in chrage of our raiding schedule needs to check before we can promise a trial or something. There will be no use trialling anyone if the setups don't allow it

I was a bit tired when I wrote that hehe Happy edit it

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Oi! Thank you for applying to the Echoes of Lordaeron

Gear: You're gear look alrighty. Looks like you have been farming HC's to get ure grips on full T9 and T10p piece's. Also you're lacking alot of Expertise so u really should try and get it up...

Enchants: Enchants are a bit less confused. 8stats on chest. 35ap on gloves lacking enchant on you're shoulers.

Gems: Gems are alright just is ure meta even activated? I cant see a single blue gem in ure gear. If not then put a 10stats gem in one of ure blue sockets.

Glyphs: Change the DS glyph to SoV untill u have ure expertise sorted ... the other 2 are good

Spec: You're spec... ehm... well... It looks to me u want to PvP and PvE with it ... You might want to change it to something that looks more like 5 / 11 / 55. You might want to check Leveticus spec Aureya's or my ret spec.

- Add-on: Get Omen and Dbm those are mandatory...

- Proffesions: U have mining maxed and JC at 100? If u lvled mining why didnt u lvl JC with it or did u just reroll proffesions?

- Raiding experience: You're experience is kinda low but if u deliver the DPS to pull you're own weight and make sure you know all the tactics for the planned bosses this shouldnt be a problem.

- I am sorry to say that were kinda full on melee atm so I will have to check it with the recruitment officers if we have a spot for you.

Good luck on your application,
the final word is with the Recruitment officer.

May you concecrate you're way through the lich king's force's !
Galsif ze squidmon, Class slacker.... Uhm I mean Class rep.

Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Hi Donareth,

You spoke to me ingame earlier on my mage alt. My first observation is that you are using Glyph of Divine Storm. I would recommend you swap that out for Glyph of Consecration which will make your rotation a lot more sensible, and ultimately be a DPS boost. Glyph of Divine Storm gives no advantage in PvE.

The other question I have is Sons of Hodir rep. You must have it exalted on at least one of your characters. If you already do that fine, but you need to get your T10 shoulders enchanted!

Other than that, good luck, and all the best.

Myrr

*EDIT - Apologies Galsif your post wasn't there when I was writing this!*
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

In my opinion your gear isn't good enough for what we're raiding.

You have poor quality enchants on chest, boots and gloves.
You have no sons of hodir rep on your paladin or on either of your lvl 80 alts. At this stage in the expansion, i'l call that genuinely unforgavable.
Your meta gem is also inactive, and you have a hit/strength gem when you're way over the cap.

Your glyphs are also wrong. You should be using Seal of vengeance, Judgement and consecration.

Edit: What myrrden said :P

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Denareth

Hehe I know Im missing good enchants, its because I got only 2000g.

Im missing blue gem because I forgot it when I replaced belt which had +10 all stat gem.

And I had no 2nd profession when I had mining 450 so I took Jewelcrafting, I will level it up soon, need some work.

I got no SoH exalted yet, today started their chain quests and Im in the half way, soon I can repeat the Ulduar Token quests for reputation.

Yes, I am going to respecc maybe 5/11/55.

Robinxx
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Donareth wrote:
Hehe I know Im missing good enchants, its because I got only 2000g.

emm what? 2k gold is enough for all enchants&gems&food&whores and whatever You want to buy

Nie gram, to spamuje
Laz (Aureya)

He shouldn't be using the ArP Trinket from ToC at all really, yes the AP on proc is good but the critical strike rating one is far better and only at a -8 AP on its proc so well worth it. (Cost is 40 emblems of heroism)

Gemming is "ok" but doesn't show any real class knowledge as far as i can see. Yes he's gone for the pure strength route but had he known about how good the 2 set from T9 is he'd have alot more 10 str + 10 crit gems in his gear to get those 4/6 str socket bonuses. He's not got a nightmare tear in his chest piece to get that +6 str socket (and to activate his meta). If we add the fact his JC is only at 100/450 it shows he's done alot of heroic farming but hasn't really spent much timing learning about his class.

Overall an average application, but we have 3 active Retridins right now, and i don't personally think this is an upto standard raider. Sorry, no vouch from me.

Hey again Donareth

At the moment we really am short in spots for Melee DPS, if we were to accept you it would be because you were topnoch on everything.
I must admit that your simply dont cut it for us as it is, at the moment.
With us now mostly going into IIC we need players who is up to the game and you just need a little too much work for us to be able to take you for a trial.

EoL wishes you better luck where ever your applying!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: