Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dáwson1
Found the forum!

re: Holy paladin [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Dáwson
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 121days 12hour 55minutes
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=D%C3%A1wson

Set of glyphs used: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=D%C3%A1wson

Willing to respec (to another role)? Can respec to any role needed, but Ret and Prot gear is undergeared for current high content.
Professions and their level: Herbing and Inscription, both at 450.

What are your primary roles during a raid? Heal bitch.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Began raiding in Vanilla playing as a mage doing ZG, MC, BWL, Onyxia, AQ20. When Burning Crusade arrived i re-roled to paladin and cleared all content up to, and including, sunwell (Kara, Gruul, Maggy, ZA, SSC, TK, MH and BT). Carried on with Holy paladin in Wotlk and have done the bosses in ICC 25 up to Dreamwalker, Raid experience before ICC in Wotlk is Naxx, sartharion, malygos, Ulduar, Totc (Totgc) and Voa of course.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Will participate in as many raids as i am required to and can sign for them days before.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Nothing really special, champion of the frozen waste about the highest thing as a beta achievment tbh :/

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Computer can handle pretty much all encounters without any fps issues, everything on full settings in 25mans fps will be around 30-35. fps in Dalaran is always around 40+ even at busy times.

Do you ever have latency problems? Nope, Internet connection is more than stable.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Of course.

Are you using any other addons? Yes; Xperl, Grid, Quartz, PP, Bartender, Buffbar, MSBT, and Prat3.0.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. Forum Image SS from a few weeks ago and tweeked a bit since then, but that's the latest one in a raiding enviroment.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Summer 2006, Vanilla.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Learn to tank better, as i've not played prot much in wotlk.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PVE
PVP
RP
Have always been more pve than anything, but i do pvp quite often in bg's, 2's and 3's.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Around 6-8hours. More on weekends if not busy.

Do you share your account with anybody? No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Haven't been part of any raiding guilds on this server as i've just transfered from Spinebreaker around a month ago.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Has to be tasty.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! I'am aware now ;o

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I want to join a guild with a friendly atmosphere that is raiding current end-game pve.

Why do you think we should choose you? I believe you should choose me as i know how to play my class well, I'am a good healer with sufficient gear for the current raids, will be reliable for raiding as well as knowing the tactics for most encounters and will read up on any tactics not known.

Who can we contact for reference*? Not really sure what to put for this one as i don't know anyone on this server :/

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Not sure to be honest, just thank you for reading my application and i hope i get some positive feedback from it Happy
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Re: Holy paladin

Dáwson1 wrote:
REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

Amagad dirty northerner? Just kidding; how North is North? :D

Anyway, application looks really impressive imo but frankly I know nothing about holy pallies *looks at derdriu and ellee* wink

Not sure how full we are on holy pallies (it will get explained by pally CR/Recruit Officer in more detail) but coming from a member of the healing team, strong healing applicants are always welcome. tongue out

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Nimiel
Initiate chatterbox

Stop flirting with the recruits.
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

We are Essex Girls... "hello" Is flirting

Likes forums

Riha / Renala wrote:

Get outa the thread schlaaaags.

Just for fun I'll go on topic.

Gear setup is generally good, with one common mistake: the head and shoulder enchants. Crit is a prety poor stat and has been since the illumination nerf. It gives a poor (and, more importantly, unreliable) boost to HPS, and smaller regen gains than equal amounts of MP5. You could also get a pathetic and unimportant amount of worthless spellpower by swapping your green and orange gems around a bit, but nobody cares about that really. Chest enchant is also slack, but again 2 int is hardly a gamechanging gain.

The gear itself can only really be improved through drops or expensive crafts. The only thing I will mention is that [Helm of Inner Warmth] would be a nice upgrade for the head, a minor haste drop for large regen gain. Also, [Libram of Renewal] is obviously better than Veracity for prety much every fight there is.

Talents could use a bit of a rethink to be honest. Holy/Ret is prety poor compared to Holy/Prot. If you ignore the potential HPS gains from 8% crit (which are minor at best), the mana gains from illumination with holy/ret are worth about 60MP5 under ideal conditions. If you swapped to holy/prot, Divine Guardian would get you about 30 of that MP5 back through having to refresh sacred shield less often. So the ultimate question is whether DG, Divinity, Guardian's Favor and potentially imp. RF are worth more than 30 MP5. Personally I think that divine guardian is invaluable, it'd take alot to make me drop it.(the exact MP5 values are slightly different to this, but I can't remember them precicely)

Sticking with the whole crit sucks theme, glyph of flash of light is prety poor. It's a spell you use when the amount of healing you put out really doesn't matter (because if it did you'd be spamming holy light). So buffing it up is prety illogical since you're not going to get it to the point where it can handle as much as holy light can. [Glyph of Beacon of Light] saves you quite alot of mana aswell as a few GCDs and is a much better alternative.

I like how your UI is setup btw, important stuff centered and alot of space to watch for enviromental shizzle. Do you click the spells on the bottom row beyond 6? Some of those things you have on the more out-of-reach keys are kinda important, you could find yourself in trouble if you can't hit, for example, Aura Mastery prety quickly. (personally I have everything except divine intervention on a bind tongue out )

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

We might have a trial spot for you in our raid tonight (from 19:00 to 23:00). Please let me know if you're available and make sure you read up on Professor Putricide and Valithria Dreamwalker.

Hello, I'm Galsif EoL's paladin Class Rep.

I will be evaluating your character and hopefully find something Derd missed.

Gear / Enchants / Gems: Can't judge on that atm seeing as you're in PvP gear. Either try and log out in PvE gear or ill check if I can get a hold of you in game to check it.

Spec and glyphs: Basically what Derd. Holy / Prot is standard built + SoW Bacon and HL glyphs.

Proffesions: Maxed out how I like to see them. They aint ideal for holypaladin ( JC or BS both give extra Int :D ).

Add-ons: They look fine everything centered nicely with the unneeded / less mandatory on the outsides to have a nice clean look for Enviromental hazzards.

Experience: Looks alright its actually more as I would expect from someone without a raiding guild atm.

- I am sorry to say that were kinda full atm and that we only take in exceptional applicants and atm I am not completely sure if you are that exceptional person but we shall see more if you decide to join us tonight.

Good luck on your application,
the final word is with the Recruitment officer.

~!!Galsif ze squidmon!!~

Dáwson

re: Application

Get outa the thread schlaaaags.

Just for fun I'll go on topic.

Gear setup is generally good, with one common mistake: the head and shoulder enchants. Crit is a prety poor stat and has been since the illumination nerf. It gives a poor (and, more importantly, unreliable) boost to HPS, and smaller regen gains than equal amounts of MP5. You could also get a pathetic and unimportant amount of worthless spellpower by swapping your green and orange gems around a bit, but nobody cares about that really. Chest enchant is also slack, but again 2 int is hardly a gamechanging gain.

The gear itself can only really be improved through drops or expensive crafts. The only thing I will mention is that Helm of Inner Warmth would be a nice upgrade for the head, a minor haste drop for large regen gain. Also, Libram of Renewal is obviously better than Veracity for prety much every fight there is.

Talents could use a bit of a rethink to be honest. Holy/Ret is prety poor compared to Holy/Prot. If you ignore the potential HPS gains from 8% crit (which are minor at best), the mana gains from illumination with holy/ret are worth about 60MP5 under ideal conditions. If you swapped to holy/prot, Divine Guardian would get you about 30 of that MP5 back through having to refresh sacred shield less often. So the ultimate question is whether DG, Divinity, Guardian's Favor and potentially imp. RF are worth more than 30 MP5. Personally I think that divine guardian is invaluable, it'd take alot to make me drop it.(the exact MP5 values are slightly different to this, but I can't remember them precicely)

Sticking with the whole crit sucks theme, glyph of flash of light is prety poor. It's a spell you use when the amount of healing you put out really doesn't matter (because if it did you'd be spamming holy light). So buffing it up is prety illogical since you're not going to get it to the point where it can handle as much as holy light can. 45741 saves you quite alot of mana aswell as a few GCDs and is a much better alternative.

I like how your UI is setup btw, important stuff centered and alot of space to watch for enviromental shizzle. Do you click the spells on the bottom row beyond 6? Some of those things you have on the more out-of-reach keys are kinda important, you could find yourself in trouble if you can't hit, for example, Aura Mastery prety quickly. (personally I have everything except divine intervention on a bind tongue out )

Yeah I agree with the spec ill be changing that when i log next. In concern to your comment about the important skills that are 'out of reach' i always press the numbers and never click ;p. As for the head, changed it just today for tier 10, but Ty for the notifacation ;)

As for the possibility of the trial raid spot today, unfortunately i am unable to come to that as i have an 18th party to attend, Thank you anyway.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Dáwson! Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
As you already know Galsif is your Class Representative, he has given his comments along with one of the guilds Holy Paladins, however I will take a quick glance over your application aswell.

Firstly I should let you know that we are very very full on almost about everything, not saying an exceptional player wouldn't get a trail. But you gotta have to bear in mind that we actually have an recruitment hold at the moment.

Looking over your application it look very good and you seem like you have alot of experiance.
Ohh and you missed the two RP questions ;) We dont ask of much, just that you at least try to answer them.

Im interested in knowing what guilds you were a part of on your former realm and your reasons to leave. Also it would be great to know why you decided to transfer to Scarshiled Legion?

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Atm, we only got 2 active paladins. Wtb more.

Likes forums

I thought we recently rejected a Holy Paladin as we were full..

We rejected because he didn't cut it for us Tringle.
And because we are very full we are also very picky with what we accept.
However we are looking for one more Holydin

Hey there Dáwson! Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
As you already know Galsif is your Class Representative, he has given his comments along with one of the guilds Holy Paladins, however I will take a quick glance over your application aswell.

Firstly I should let you know that we are very very full on almost about everything, not saying an exceptional player wouldn't get a trail. But you gotta have to bear in mind that we actually have an recruitment hold at the moment.

Looking over your application it look very good and you seem like you have alot of experiance.
Ohh and you missed the two RP questions ;) We dont ask of much, just that you at least try to answer them.

Im interested in knowing what guilds you were a part of on your former realm and your reasons to leave. Also it would be great to know why you decided to transfer to Scarshiled Legion?

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

re: Holy Paladin
Postby Dáwson on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 pm
I used to play on Spinebreaker, with a couple of high raiding guilds since the start of Burning Crusade. The one i was with the most is S I S, which disbanded not so long ago unfortunately. I was with these from day one of BC completely all the pve content in BC and then up until when Totc came out. A lot of them quit the game for Aion at this point. The other guilds I have been part of are The ancients, and Laid back for a short while.
As for the decision for transfering to this server, I have some friends on this server who said I should come here and it was a fresh start for me as alliance.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Sullin, Merke, and Miriel) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

Norriel
The Recruiter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: