Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sartarius88

re: Sartarius (Assanation rogue ) ;D [Declined]

things are changing patch in patch...ppl need to look into their build and gems, enchants every update ;D
a nice option for Combat rogues will be(it s not official yet) :
* Serrated Blades now causes your attack to ignore up to 3/6/9% of your target's Armor.
an option 7/51/13 looks pretty nice with that talent ;p
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

I won't be shifting from poisons and I don't see why others would. Surely simply gemming ArP puts you on the cap; why is an extra 9% needed? xD So you can gem more AP?

On another note, went FoS HC with this guy. Good DPS (FoK is hard) and pretty much leveled me on the first boss. He didn't switch to the add though, shamefully. I also decided to test out his interrupting on the last boss and he failed the first kick on both attempts (We wiped because some people - for once not me - decided not to stop DPS on the mirror)

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey Sartarius.

Im sorry for the amount of time it's taking me to give you an answer to wether you will get a trial or not.
Because we have so many melee at the moment, and because we have alot of rogues Majandra, the set up maker, and I need to do the maths to see if we have room Happy

We should have an answer for you really soon Happy

Norriel
The Recruiter.

No problem ;D you are free to get your time , i ll be waiting patient.
Also i know u are very very full of melee and if u will recruit some, must be skilled .
Nilieth/Mymri
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:
My point wasn't completely pure haste gemming, more ap+haste since, most our slots are red or yellow, although whilst reading EJ, haste is where it seems to be heading. Of course fine adjusting hit and exp where needed.

... in BiS gear indeed. Mavanas about Mutilate BiS:

Quote:
Optimal gemming is based on staying under the crit cap and almost reaching the expertise cap, while maximizing haste and AP as secondary stat.

Logically until then you're right and before critcap issues begin to rear their head, AP/haste appears to be the way to go, though right now my spreadsheet (Aldriana's, Mavanas' Simsheet is mindnumbingly slow on my laptop) is telling me AP is ahead of AP/haste. Then again I'm in ToC25 gear for about 80% of my gear, with PvP daggers and three ICC items.

And my bad on the point on agility, you know I despise Combat wink but I'm seeing rogues in the guilds that are on LK heroic on my server who still gem for agility - not primarily, but still use it. Mavanas' BiS Combat gemming involves ArPen (and exp and hit like mutilate) and no agility (I'm assuming due to critcapping), but again that's BiS.

Quote:
not to blindly trust on spreadsheets

Naturally, but they're a better guideline than pure instinct. What's needed is of course a balance between the two. And also personal preference comes in. I'm 6 expertise rating over the expertise cap just because I want to be capped.
Quote:

Quote:
* Serrated Blades now causes your attack to ignore up to 3/6/9% of your target's Armor.

an option 7/51/13 looks pretty nice with that talent ;p

At first glance yeah, but if you can get (near) the cap by gemming you're better of going for poisons. And besides, you'd be taking talents that don't increase DPS at all just to get a talent that allows you to change around gemming and as such alone forms only a small DPS increase. Serrated blades is a HaT/ShD only talent, a spec which I think will rely quite a bit on ArPen like combat, though I've yet to see figures released. Mavanas confirmes this suspicion:

Quote:
I think the reasons for the change in Serrated Blades were: 1) to make it more consistent, 2) to allow subtlety rogues to get closer to the armor penetration cap with current gear, and 3) to slightly increase subtlety dps to be closer to the other trees (we can argue about the last reason, but I'd like to believe that's what Blizzard is trying to do).

My own tests with HaT involved a ~37.5% DPS loss - with my AP and AP/haste (and expertise, hit/exp) gemming, granted. Mavanas' estimated DPS with HaT is actually ahead of both mutilate and combat and this is based on static singletarget simsheet modelling - and as such not accounting for added mobility (ShS, Prep). And I like to think he'd not twist results by stopping simulation right after ShD'ing. The cycles seem harder also because you need to make 100% use of ShD to pull that DPS, I'm thinking, which seems pretty hard - though of course the Simsheet does this perfectly.

Either way, it does seem more interesting to play. Envenom/Eviscerate spam is hard.

Hi again Sartarius!

I've spend quit some time trying to do the maths as to wether we have room for you or not. And I have come up with the result that we sadly can't take in another melee roll who can't go tank for us.

Im really sorry for letting you wait this long, perhaps if a spot opens up then I will be sure to poke you repeativly till you respond ;)

Good Luck on your guild hunt!

Declined

Norriel
The Recruiter.

baah rogues can go tank...
they just go pvp specc and pop evasion.
When I did my first VoA 25 then at the end both tanks died and 1 rogue tanked the boss (for like 15-20sec) til the boss died
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: