Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cipriot

re: Tonis - Warrior dps [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex:Male
Nationality:Greek

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Chris
Race:Human
Class:Warrior
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):90 days and keep going..
Talent Built(Armory link please):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Tonis
Set of glyphs used:rending,execution and mortal strike
Willing to respec (to another role)?if i have the gear to do that, yes
Professions and their level:engineering and jc

What are your primary roles during a raid?dps

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?1rst wing clear icc10 and icc25 with random ppl..

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.hm.. i can raid all days that time exept friday

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?3-4 for sure

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?110FFPS in Dalaran

Do you ever have latency problems?never.. always 70-120ms max

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?i already have most of them

Are you using any other addons?other addons that i have are for arena

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.i use the classic blizzard UI so i can have the maximum performance i can get

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?yea

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?i will let u to decide

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?about 4 year ago.. my main was a paladin called Cipriot.. but now am playing with him about 15mins a day and 3-4 hours with warrior

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)about 5-6 hours

Do you share your account with anybody?with my little brother

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?i have never been in a pve guild

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tastyfemale are cute, male are evil

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? pve expirience with my warrior in a good pve guild and not some random guild

Why do you think we should choose you? becouse be there when ever u need me

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?thats all
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I'm Jaenus the Warrior Class Rep and together with Miriel the Recruitment Officer will be dealing with your application.

First of all the application is a little spare, its a nice way for us to get a 'feel' for you initially a first impression if you will, however not everyone is as comfortable waffling on like i tend to do in their application so i won't hold that against you ;).

Right down to the analysis part

Gear:

Currently your gear has the look of whatever you've been lucky enough to have drop in puggs etc, so rather than have a 'flow' to it is a bit of a mishmash. A few examples of this i would point out is that you have Deaths Verdict (still close to bis) but also the Needle Encrusted Scorpion - a trinket which is far weaker than its ilvl would suggest - the proc chance on it is frankly appalling and the Ulduar trinket (Mjolnir's Runestone) is actually quite a bit better than this.

Also you went with the Emblem cloak (which is bis), but went for the Str Ashen Verdict ring when the Agil version is considerably better - especially for Arms.

Overall your slightly under the hit cap required even with a Dreanei present which is quite a worry tbh whilst at the same time being way way over the Expertise Cap (49 points over), this is completely wasted point which you need to lose in favour of anything else (preferably ArP).

Your gemming also leaves me slightly confused as to what your trying for atm, and all i can think of iis that you are unsure as to what the Arp cap is or have miscalculated, currently if using a trinket to cap then you should aim for a total value of Base Arp + value of trinket proc = 1400, currently i think you come in at 1478. So really so long as you use the arp trinket any time it procs you will be losing the effect of nearly 80 point s of Arp. This is kind of a waste. and you should replace 4 arp gems for str until such a time that you can hard arp cap without a trinket proc.

Overall your gear comes in at around a toc 25 level give or take a piece here or their, atm i believe you would not be be competitive with our current melee on dps.

Talents/Spec and Glyphs:

Firstly I'm assuming that your 54/17 is your PvE spec with the other being you PvP one. So taking that as being correct i will point out a few mistakes i see in their

For starters Get rid of 4/5 Unbridled Wrath its quite possibly one of the most useless talents you can go for, also 3/3 Improved Cleave is another pretty Useless Talent to have selected for, Instead go for 2/2 Booming Voice, and 5/5 in Commanding Presence (both of these bring a solid buff for the raid which your fellow raiders will appreciate). Besides those changes though everything else seems fine

As for your Glyph choices, the minor ones are pretty ok (i personally would choose the Command glyph in preference to Bloodrage though). However you major ones are pretty poor Drop the Bladestorm and Sweeping Strikes glyphs asap, their only useful on trash which means their pretty much of no use, instead pick up the Execution and Rend ones., honestly mate theirs not even a choice as far as that goes. the glyph choices alone scream out a lack of knowledge about Arms in PvE.

As you pointed out you have never been in a pve guild - so it kind of goes without saying that your pve experience on your warrior is kind of limited, as currently we are working on the lk in 25 and hard-modes in 10 mans, and although people each learn at different speeds i still think that this would prove maybe too steep a learning curve currently.

As is currently stands i do not believe you would be competitive with our current melee dps.

I know this may sound a little harsh at first but its honestly meant in a way will will steer you towards the improvement necessary to join any raiding guild which aims towards end game content.

As i stated earlier, Miriel the recruitment Officer will be along soon for anything I've missed, any her own questions she wishes to ask of you, and also she will provide you with the final decision on your application.

Jae

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Cipriot and Kiprios ;)

Was in Fright with him didn't PvE much but i think that wasn't his game also he was vastly into Arena and i see he made his switch over to PvE.

He never see him much on his Warrior so basically i can say nothing more then good luck since jae covered it already.

Forum Pet

Jae pretty much nailed everything I would say

I think I should just point out he has a teir two pvp weapon, which to me is very impressive, despite what some people think you dont just faceroll your way to 2300 as a warrior

One thing I would like to ask, with EoL being a pve guild are you willing to prioritse PvE over PVP

For example if we needed you for a raid and you where doing arena would you be able to commit?
Cipriot

Laerel i will just say am not doing arena 24/24.. i am doing most like 1 day per week and about 20 games only.. so i think i would be available for pve about anytime
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Tonis plays arenas with my brother quite a bit, can't really give you any info other than that I haven't heard any horror stories (my brother complains about everyone as a rule :P ).

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Cipriot wrote:
Laerel i will just say am not doing arena 24/24.. i am doing most like 1 day per week and about 20 games only.. so i think i would be available for pve about anytime

It wasnt a critisism, just a question ;D
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hi Tonis. Thank you for Applying to Echoes of Lordaeron!

We are pretty stacked up on Melee DPS as it is right now. And with one of our memebers wanting to main change to kitty, well the memebers simply comes first.
This means that I can't really give you a trial with the currenct amount of Melee hanging around in the guild.

I suggest keeping an eye on this post, and if it ever tells you that we are looking for a Warrior DPS, feel free to apply again:

Current Recruiting:
http://eol.guildlaunch.com/guild/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4484964&gid=3747

Good Luck on your guild hunt!

Declined

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: