Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
munkypuzzle
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

re: Munkypuzzle tries again! Resto Druid [Accepted]

No probs Mysti, I will likely be up late tonight anyway so I'll try respond to any questions asap.

Also, I am considering taking a step back from raiding on my mage and only running progression runs so my availability on my Druid will increase by a fair bit. I'll keep you informed on this.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Ok, it's Druidin' time!

Talents

Spot on, standard Resto 11/0/60 build. Although given your low haste at the moment, you might benefit from dropping Empowered Touch and 1 point in Tranquil Spirit to pick up Nature's Grace from the Balance tree.

Gear

Gear's not looking too bad for an alt.

Haste softcap for Restos (assuming 5/5 GotEM) is 856. Obviously, you are a fair way short of this (and ICC AoE can be pretty unforgiving). I've offered some advice up above on how to cater to this, for now. However, NG is situational, so the choice is yours, really.

Possible immediate (or fairly immediate) upgrades would be the [Circle of Ossus] , although you have a good belt already. Stronger upgrades would be the ICC crafted boots (using EoF to get the Primordial Saronites) and the [Idol of the Black Willow] as a sidegrade.

However, the one item upgrade I will say is this: [Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers] . Massive gains to be had here - 20 more Intellect, a socket (perfect for either a SP or SP/haste gem) and 50 haste rating. I'm a Tailor and can make these for you if you wish and Crusader Orbs are easy to come by nowadays. And they're far better than your PvP bracers.

You might also consider [The Egg of Mortal Essence] over your DM card on fights where you're not likely to OOM. Again, this would be a stop-gap whilst your haste climbs.

Should you be lucky enough to see the [Mag'hari Chieftain's Staff] drop from ICC10, then cling onto it with all your branches!

Most other upgrades will come from within ICC.

A definite plus is that you already have 2T10 - it's an immense set bonus for Restos!

Gems and Enchants

Technically speaking, your gems and enchants are all exactly right - Tuskarr's Vitality over Greater Spirit on boots especially is a good choice.
However, in your legs, you're far better off ignoring the socket bonus and going for 3x[Reckless Ametrine] . Socket bonuses are only worth gemming for to activate your meta (obviously) or if there's a 9 spellpower bonus to be had. Otherwise, ignore them and gem to meet your needs.

Glyphs

Perfect. Can't fault 'em.

Reputation and Achievements

This is not normally something I'd check into too much on an application, but obviously your alt's achievements and reputation don't reflect the level of raiding progress you have made.
Your gear and enchants do to an extent, but I'd need to inspect your Mage's achievements in-game at some point just to verify.

Professions

Enchanting is at a good enough level to raid with - good work.
Alchemy is a very nice profession bonus for Druids given our versatility and thankfully is one of the easier professions to level. We would definitely need to see some quick work on this if you were accepted for trial.

Other stuff

Raid-leading experience is a definite plus. It's also good to see that the availability of your Druid may go up, although 2 nights a week is all we ask. I think I mentioned this before, but if you do decide to split your focus, then remember that you're 'ours' for the nights that you're scheduled in for :)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I see.
I'd like to see a trial and we are still looking for a good Resto to fill up out our forest Happy
Whilst our Recruitment Officer mulls things over, please fill in any of the gear gaps possible.

Best of luck to you - andu'falah-dor!

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
munkypuzzle
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Thanks Mysti for going over my char in such detail, really appreciate any tips I can get my hands on.

I now have the tailoring bracers and I switched my gems in the legs so Haste is up to 678, still a bit short but high enough that I don't feel the need for a respec at the moment. Willing to change my mind on that if I fall short on those heavy AoE stages, didn't have any troubles on Rotface but maybe Putri will expose my short-comings.

I can afford 4/5 Saronite for the boots so another week and they'll be made

I left the idol for now as it is a very small SP increase on the procs and my current one has 99% uptime as far as I can tell so will be one of the last EoF items I buy after the belt.

I often like to innervate a mage (slightly biased there I think) at the start of a fight so they can burn really hard during CD's. This is obviously dependant on how mana-heavy the fight is and sometimes when I get the call wrong it's nice to have that on-use mana trinket to tide me by till innervate is available again. I can pick up the egg though if you really think it's necessary.

Just poke me for an inspection of my mages' achieves (Seeing as you probably handle alot of applicants I'll forgive you for forgetting that you already did that last time I applied ) tongue out
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:
sometimes when I get the call wrong it's nice to have that on-use mana trinket to tide me by till innervate is available again. I can pick up the egg though if you really think it's necessary.

I do this all the time. tongue out It's really helpful. I don't innervate mages though, I'm too selfish. wink And about the idol, it has a similar uptime but I think something like 22 more SP. I haven't got it yet either, working towards testing 4set first. Quick note about Natures Grace (as me and mysti were discussing last night<3) is that it's become either good in some bosses (Valithra etc) but utterly useless on other bosses (BQL etc). As Mysti said, you'd be taking the points from Empowered Touch and Tranquil Spirit which means you wouldn't be losing much, particularly as you haven't glyphed for Nourish. It would probably be benefitial to you atm. Just something to think about.

And for Mysti incase you don't run into each other ingame:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Munkymunk&gn=Elemental+Order

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
sjunke
Can post, will post

due to him being scottish, vouch from me, vould love that accent on vent again
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Fast work with the bracers tongue out

The Egg would be a kind of "oh, this is an easy fight where SP / haste > mana" thing. It might be advisable to have it on call, but make it your last expenditure of emblems. I certainly wouldn't take my vouch away if you never bought it tongue out Just potential haste fillers (although the new bracers alone have brought you about 10% closer to the soft cap).

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Qeal
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Big vouch for this guy. I didn't die on XT-002, but I don't know enough to judge his resto gear & skills. His knowledge & experience is perfect.
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/Vieane/WoWScrnShot_040910_155525.jpg

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9593/wowscrnshot040910160242.jpg

i love mah UI

munkymunk wrote:
Thanks Mysti for going over my char in such detail, really appreciate any tips I can get my hands on.

I now have the tailoring bracers and I switched my gems in the legs so Haste is up to 678, still a bit short but high enough that I don't feel the need for a respec at the moment. Willing to change my mind on that if I fall short on those heavy AoE stages, didn't have any troubles on Rotface but maybe Putri will expose my short-comings.

I can afford 4/5 Saronite for the boots so another week and they'll be made

I left the idol for now as it is a very small SP increase on the procs and my current one has 99% uptime as far as I can tell so will be one of the last EoF items I buy after the belt.

I often like to innervate a mage (slightly biased there I think) at the start of a fight so they can burn really hard during CD's. This is obviously dependant on how mana-heavy the fight is and sometimes when I get the call wrong it's nice to have that on-use mana trinket to tide me by till innervate is available again. I can pick up the egg though if you really think it's necessary.

Just poke me for an inspection of my mages' achieves (Seeing as you probably handle alot of applicants I'll forgive you for forgetting that you already did that last time I applied ) tongue out

Whisper Naica ingame if you need the lw boots made, mate. Peace!!!!!!

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Sullin, Merke, Miriel) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

AWESOME! Thank guys for all the help and kind words during my application. I'll try my hardest not to let you down

Thanks for the offer Naica, I will be sure to grab you as soon as I get the mats together.

Well it looks like I better start getting ready to join the party. see you guys in green chat
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

*highfives the former mage* envy

*Hugs da tree*
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: