Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Provalas
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

re: Provalás - A MM Hunter Application [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: British

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Provalás
Race: Night Elf
Class: Hunter
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 142 days!

Talent Built(Armory link please):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Proval%C3%A1s

Set of glyphs used:

Current Majors being Glyph of the Hawk, Steady Shot and Kill Shot

Willing to respec (to another role)?

Yes of course, its often necessary.

Professions and their level:

Leatherworking 450
Skinning 450
Fishing 450
Cooking 450
First Aid 450

What are your primary roles during a raid?

A Strong dps class with the ability to misdirect onto the healers - Oops I mean tanks wink

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?

Notables being Naxx10/25, Ulduar 10/25, ToC10/25, ToGC10 all cleared. ToGC25 3/5 and ICC10 6/12

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.

Sure Can

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

4/5. If I sign I will be there.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

Hmm, possibly Tribute to Mad Skill. Im by no means an achievement junkie but just seem to pick them up on the way.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?

Its big, bad and expensive. Quad Core thingy with 4 gigs of RAM. I play WoW on max settings with 70 fps.

Do you ever have latency problems?

Very rarely, if I do it generally means everyone else is too.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

Have them already

Are you using any other addons?

Some Hunter specifics, like ViperNotify and Shotproc. I use Bartender for my UI, sexymap etc.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

Yes, of course. I have always been on RP servers and respect the rules and policies.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

Calm and collected, he enjoys his travels around Azeroth, meeting new people and adventuring in general with his life long friend, Scorch.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?

TBC Stage.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?

If Im honest with myself then its Kiting, I just havent dedicated enough time to mastering it. I can do it no problems, ie Gluth/Saurfang fights but always feel I should have done it better

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?

PvE, PvP, RP. But they are all close. I enjoy them all.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)

5 hours a day, generally after work.

Do you share your account with anybody?

Absolutely not.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

No guilds on this server, I have recently transferred and therefore an unknown quantity wink

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty

Tasty?

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

I am aware, its no problem. After all, nobody is perfect

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

I have had a good look around at the top end guilds on the server and felt this one suited me the most. You seem to balance fun with progression and thats appealing.

Why do you think we should choose you?

Im a social guy, happy to help when needed. Always prepared for raids and never dramatic.

Who can we contact for reference*?

Im new to this server, but happy to mention people from Defias Brotherhood which is where Ive come from

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

I think everything is covered, but if you have any questions for me then fire away...
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there!

Just wanna let you know that I've seen your application, and as soon as I have time (probably tonight) I shall give my comments :)

- Norriel
Hunter Class Representative.
The Recruiter.

Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

A mock of our signups (running for say example next reset)

Character(s): Huntar
Role(s): DPS
Available days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Max raidslots: 2-7 (change to your own max)

How do you sign?

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Hey there Provalas Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and your Class Representative, I shall be dealing with your application.

Here is my evaluation of it:

At the moment we do have room for ranged people, and especially a Marksmanship hunter since one of our most active ones are going on a longer break.
However I cannot tell you yet wether you cut it for us or not :)

When I read your application I get the feeling that you do have a lot of experience with playing a hunter, and your not just another person who rolled hunter and thinks that it is easy to play ;)
I also get the feeling that your are experienced while playing on your hunter in a raid envioment, which is a good thing.

Gear: First off Log off in your PvE gear, I can’t comment on your gear and enchants when your in PvP gear.

Enchants: Again, need to see your PvE gear :)

Gems: Same :P

Glyphs: Your Gæyphs looks fine, some MM hunters prefere Glyph of Chimera Shot over Glyph of the Hawk, but that’s about personal taste.

Spec: I can’t comment 100% but if you have that low hit in your PvE gear then I suggest that you take points in Focused Aim and gem for the hit. But as I said I think you have higher in your PvE gear ;)
But other than that your spec seem fine, we might want you to spec into Imp Hunters mark, but that’s on another note :)

Addons: seems fine so no comment there :P

Quote:
What are your primary roles during a raid?
A Strong dps class with the ability to misdirect onto the healers - Oops I mean tanks

Lol, nice to see that you’re a joker ;)

Quote:
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
If Im honest with myself then its Kiting, I just havent dedicated enough time to mastering it. I can do it no problems, ie Gluth/Saurfang fights but always feel I should have done it better

Don’t worry, half of the hunters I know can’t kite. But don’t worry most of the fights these days don’t need much kiting, however Im sure that either hunter in EoL will try and teach you how if you ask them :)

Quote:
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
No guilds on this server, I have recently transferred and therefore an unknown quantity

What server were you on before? And What guild were you in?

All in all a promising applicant you are ;)

When you have answered my evaluation and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as to wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Hunter Class Representative.
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran

Miri you do realise that every strategy I will ever suggest now will start with 'well we need the hunter to kite on this' :p. Oh and you can probably check his pve set out on wowheroes its what I tend to do to avoid having to wait. Other than that it looks a good solid and thought out application so good luck.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

I prefere to use armory... WoWheros has a weird way of updating ;)

EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Nice application, seems like you've taken your time to answer.
Was a pleasure to read!

Still no PVE gear, so nothing to comment on there.
Glyphs is optimal, I would choose the same, as I think in the long run you'll benefit more from the haste than 1(?) sec less CD on Chimera shot.

Overall, nice application and I wish you the best of luck with it.

//Mariya

Found the forum!

Hi Guys

Thanks for the positive responses, Ive logged off in my PvE gear now so you'll be able to have a good look at my gear/enchants/gems etc. Please be gentle with me...

I also noticed a glaring mistake i my original application, my major glyphs are Glyph of the Hawk, Steady Shot and Serpent Sting , not Kill Shot. The Serpent Sting Glyph of course being the most important for MM Hunters for optimal damage from Chimera Shot. I think I got away with it though wink

I'm regemming a Nightmare Tear into my legs as soon as my JC buys the recipe which will be tonight and know that Tusker's on my boots may be preferred for raids.

Speccing into Hunters Mark wont be a problem, mana is rarely an issue in 25 mans and I'll happily remove points from Rapid Recuperation, the spec just suits me for the 10mans at present. The one point in focused aim takes me to 0.4% over the hit cap but I prefer this than to be reliant on a SpaceGoats's racial

I was on Defias Brotherhood with The New Expedition for Tier 8, Tier 9 was done with real life friends who quit the game and T10 was done with I guild I created, but disbanded due to squabbles typical of the server. Its the reason why I have moved realms and find myself looking for a new home.

To answer the raid availability question, this week would be Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Tues.

Cheers

Prov.
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Sullin, Merke, Miriel) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

- Norriel
Hunter Class Representativ
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Awesome!!

I will be logging on shortly and will start pestering you for an invite :P
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Remember to do the "Apply to guild" I cant give you acces to the parts of the forum you will need if you dont ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: