Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drachman

re: Drachman - Blood DK. [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Drachman
Race: Human
Class: Death Knight
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 21 Days 15 Hours 34 Minutes
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=6&tal=2305020530003303231123001351000000000000000000000000000002301303050030000000000000000000
Set of glyphs used:
Rune Tap
Dark Death
Plague Strike
Pestilence
Raise Dead
Horn of Winter

Willing to respec (to another role)? I would, but i'd prefer not to.
Professions and their level:
Mining - 450. (Can Smelt Anything)
Enginerring - 335 (I was a skinner before that at 450)

What are your primary roles during a raid?
Usually, melee DPS. However, I do like to make sure that the healers arent being hit by any stray mobs.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Well, I have been in practically all of the Lich King raids, including ICC10/25, however, I was unable to get past the first boss. I was PUGing at the time and I believe that for raids to be successful you need to be in a dedicated, organised group such as this.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Absolutely, and at other times, should need be.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? I'm willing to do the majority of raids, I'm on alot of the time and obviously being 80 means I dont have to waste time levelling, and it'd be nice to have raids to occupy those big blocks of time spent doing little things or nothing

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Well, I wouldn't consider it difficult, but I am a Champion of The Frozen Wastes, so i've been around most of the end game raids/instances.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? I do lag a little bit in Dalaran but 25 man raids run with pretty much no problem. Usually around 60 FPS.

Do you ever have latency problems? Nope.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Yes.

Are you using any other addons?
I also use BagNon, SpartanUI and Auctioneer.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
Forum Image

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
As my character is human, it's alot easier to feel in tune with him. When he became a death knight, he killed alot of innocent people and although he ultimately chose to fight the lich king, he's still tormented by the fact that he took so many lives and allowed himself to be controlled like he was.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? A couple years ago. However, I have had some breaks in between, but fairly consistant for the past few months and intend to be up till Cataclysm comes out at least.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
I think that due to the nature of this game, we're all constantly improving. There is just so much to do and see and enjoy. I could be better at PvP than i am currently. I believe this is down to not ever playing as the horde, so i dont understand their tactics as well as my own. Raiding in PvE is much more simple, as bosses and mobs do set things and its easy to anticipate that and act accordingly.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? I like PvE / RP / PvP. PvE, because like i said above, as long as you know what your facing, you can defeat it with relative ease. The Lich King for example is not a difficult boss if you have a raid that is prepared for what he does and knows what to do, which is why PUGs don't tend to work as well. Roleplay, I haven't done a whole lot of roleplay but i do have an active imagination and it comes easy to me, to assume the role of my character as if it was my own life. PvP, It's fun and I'll do it when I haven't got anything to do in PvE or no one is roleplaying, I'm just not so good at it yet.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
6-9 - Most Days.

Do you share your account with anybody?
No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
I've only been with one previous guild. My reason for leaving was basically, I'd worked to increase the member count and get the guild doing things together and another member whom the guild leader had put in charge, got rid of all the members and stole the loot from the guild bank. I decided that it was time for a change and to do what i really wanted to do, which is raid.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
If your asking my personal opinion, I find them to be quite evil looking. Its the fact that they are so little and appear harmless but that to me, means they are more dangerous than any other race.

If your asking me in character, I'd say they were tasty because I would quite likely eat one given the chance.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
It doesn't matter what race/class the guild master is, :)

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I've been in groups and engaged with several members of EoL and during that time, I've always found them to be friendly, knowledgeable and useful. You have a good, strong playerbase with an even better reputation and I concern you to be one, if not the best raiding guild on Scarshield Legion.

I believe that joining your guild would make raiding end game content not only more fun but also easier. Also, working with you guys would make me a better player.

Why do you think we should choose you?
I'm not going to lie, I'm probably not the best death knight on the realm. But, I'm honest, loyal, active, I have a good sense of humour and have a real keen interest in the game, both the in-game and the lore of Warcraft. I offer help, more than i request it.

My Gearscore is currently 5012 but Gearscore is only an indication of how good your gear is, not how well you are working in a raiding guild. I think, choosing me would be a leap of faith but ultimately, I believe that i could do alot for the guild and I want to.

My DPS is quickly on the rise also, and I'm putting alot of time into getting it prime and ready for the end game. I'm not asking you to let me win, just to let me play the game.

Who can we contact for reference*?
Wuzzy - One of my old guild leaders.
More References if needed.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

Yes. I know the chances of you needing Melee DPS AND a Death Knight together is slim, but I ask you, what happens when for whatever somebody shows up? I don't mind having to wait for my opportunity to raid with you guys because ultimately i know that it would be worth it.

In closing, if you decide to decline my application, I'm not going to give up and I'm not going to think badly of your guild. You have to do whats right for the guild.

:)
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

here is the Armory link he should have linked

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Drachman&gn=The+Brotherhood

No experiance in icc 10 or 25, doesnt look good.

Dont think this Dk has what it takes to join our ranks at this moment.

And gearscore only shows how good your gear can be. never how good it is. well yeah if you gem enchant and chose the right gear GS will be a great addon, but everyone doesnt do that now do they.

No vouch.

Drachman

Well, before you'd done ICC, you didnt have any experience in it either. It requires people taking chances on you before you can go in there.

I've been in ICC with public groups, and just because I haven't been successful with the bosses yet, doesn't mean I haven't got experience there.

I know the tactics for the first wing at least.

The GearScore thing, I agree, it's a poor indication of a characters knowledge. I know players with 4000s GS than can perform better than 5000s. I'm just letting you all know what i've got at the moment.
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Gear
2 Hit trinkets? I don´t like seeing that, shouldn´t be needed.

Blood specc
Looks like the standard specc for Blood.

Enchants
Well... Are you going to enchant your gear or?

Glyphs
Not looking good!

Professions
Not the best ones, but you should atleast level them to max!

Skills
Doesn´t seem like he read up on his class.

No vouch

/Arkas
Drachman

My Engineering Profession I've only recently started, and it is rather expensive getting it to 450 so I'm taking my time with it so i don't run out of money. I'm not sure what you would consider 'Good Professions' to be. Are they ones that make alot of money or are they ones that help people?

As for my Glyphs, well, you say they are not looking good? They are usually available on the auction house, so you tell me what you think would be better glyphs for me to have.

I'm very open to feedback from you guys about my gear so please, feel free.
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I talked to Drachman earlier ingame, seem to be a very nice guy and very eager to learn.

Would like to see some results though, sent him to Elitist jerks so he can read up more about his class.

Still no vouch from me, since we are very full on melee/DK´s!

Suggestion would be to let him re-apply after a few weeks or if you have the application on hold, so we can see some results and also see if the melee/DK status changes!

This of course all depends on what our Class rep, Xulgos and Recruitment officer says.

I hope this helps!

/Arkas
Drachman

I've spoken with Arkas and we've sorted out my gems, and I'm working on the enchants for my gear.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Drachman
Xulgos
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hello Drachman,

Thank you for applying to EoL. I know out of my own experience that it's not such an easy thing to do :)

First things first: EoL is currently very full on melee dps. Our Death Knight team is very competative at melee dps and I've already had to sacrifice a tank spot to convert to dps. I do not think I have room for another melee dps at this time.

Nevertheless, I am very much impressed with the first impression you gave me. You seem like a nice guy and you seem to be willing to improve and advance your game. This is a quality I like to see in players, even more so then just 'omgwtfpwn epix!'. It comes down to this: I'd care less what your gearscore is. Really...I don't give a .... I find it an incredible stupid hype thats circulating the wow community at the moment, making people become blind and even more stupid. That being said:
I like attitude/skill over gear.

Normally I go over your character 'on paper' to give an assessment to see where you stand right now. To see if you live up to the minimum requirements to join the DK team. In this case I'd say in a general glance that this is not the case. This together with the fact that we simply have no more room for another melee dps, I'm sad to say that I have to advice our recruiter to decline your application.

If you still wish me to give your character a 'detailed' look over, then just say so! Remember that our intention is to make you a better player. Even if you are not in the guild, this does not mean that we are not willing to give advice!

Thanks again Happy

Hey there Drachman. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron!

Im sorry to say this, but I simply have to decline your application purely because we dont have room for anymore melee DPS.

Good Luck with your guild hunt!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

As unfortunate as being denied was, it's helped me greatly, particularly the death knights Arkas and Sötpojke.

Xulgos, if you could have a look through my gear and tell me what you think, then that would be awesome, but only when you have time.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: