Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelt81

re: Application : Steelt Warlock [Withdrawn]

Sex:Male
Nationality:Finland

Name:Steelt
Race:Human
Class:Warlock
Level:80
Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):150 days
Talent Built(Armory link please):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Steelt
Set of glyphs used:Look armory
Willing to respec (to another role)?Well got dual spec already.. i don`t like Demo spec ..
Professions and their level:Tailoring / herb 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? Dps so much as i can

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? All Wotl and 11/12 icc10 with my alt

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.I try to attend all but got wife ..

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? i try to attend 2-3

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Well been nuking that icc so long and killed quite many bosses with alt.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?Fps 60 about ..

Do you ever have latency problems? Not really

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Ofc i can install all what is needed

Are you using any other addons? only what i require to keep with my wlock

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. sorry can`t do that .. atm

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? well im not have been "spammer" i only look ppl if i need to raid or sell something.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Hmm hard .. kickass dps and dont speak much.

When did you start playing WoW? in When vanilla come out.. like 2 months after that.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Well wlock area dots.. or burst dmg.. and i got ideas always to help raid..

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? Pve mostly.. Played pvp at lvl 70 and after Wotl pvp just suck

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)hard to tell really depends on wife

Do you share your account with anybody? no

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?Many many guilds . Recently Sisu Trauma.. too small guilds to raid 25

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty I just love gnomes.. (got lv80 DK gnome)

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one .. Heh i don`t even want to answer that

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Well now.. I want progress and i want to kill LK before new "WoW" comes

Why do you think we should choose you? Well i can raid and i say about things only if i think they are really wrong.

Who can we contact for reference*? Ask Simoz or sisu members

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Mind to reply quite fast .. And tell if my spec or something suck.zambo

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posner™
Chatterbox

guess the bold shows not to apply in the middle of the night while slightly drunk!

Gear looks fine (from what i know xD)

I was in a guild with this guy in 3.1, and he was putting everyone to shame, pulling 9k on bosses (i thought he was hacking).

All in all could never find a fault in him unlike other members you find in that sort of guild.

/vouch

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Denize
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Hi there,

I am Denize one of locks,

Your gear looks nice and also good gemmed.

Most of your enchants seems perfect, exept i would recommend the tusker's one seen you dont realy need the hit enchant.

I do wonder where for the 4 talent points in the afflicition tree comes to purpose, i would say use them to gain replenisment or for fel domination. I think they are more usefull to you and/or the raid.

Nice to see you have tailoring for the cloak enchant, i possible let an alt take over the herbing if you dont wanna drop it and go for a more usefull proffesion where you can even benefit more from. (only an suggestion)

All by all looks good,
Our classrep and recruitment officer will comment soon.
I wish you good luck on your applacation Happy

Azmodyr
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Re: Application : Steelt Warlock

Quote:
[b]Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Well now.. I want progress and i want to kill LK before new "WoW" comes

that's not very inspiring. also, didn't this guy apply before? (i may be wrong there, but the name is familiar)

Forum Pet

Don't think this guy has applied before.

Hi there, I'm the warlock class leader and I'll be looking over your application.

First things first: The application itself could have used a bit more work to be honest. Correctly bolding isn't really hard.

Gear: Looks ok, although you should try to dump that damn Nibelung for something better. It really isn't all that good, and a decent MH and OH blows it out of the water. It gives absolutely no other stats apart from spellpower, where as my setup (just taking it for reference) gives me 109 hit, 56 haste, 47 crit and 23 spellpower (gem). Granted, the hit isn't that super beneficial, but it opens up other choices when it comes to gear (to get more haste).
Your haste level is also very low. You should try to get at least 200 more. It will help you loads. Gemming and enchants look good.

Professions: Herbalism isn't really good for raiding. Best is to get two professions that help you, and get the gathering ones to an alt.

Specs: I like it that you have an affliction spec. It's the best dps spec at the moment if played right. The talent speccing looks good, although I would suggest you to drop the one point in demo and get dark pact. Dark pact is right up there with life tap again, and it won't cost you any health (and the pet regains mana in a raid like crazy). You will still get the life tap effect, so it's all good.
Minor stuff like Fel concentration instead of CoA which in my eyes is a better choice since you wont have that much pushback from AoE stuff. Also the Suppression could be spent elsewhere, since you will get capped in a raid regardless (so you would only get it for the mana redution, which is not really needed).
Glyphs are ok.

Destro spec: Improved corruption, pretty useless as Denize said. Better spent elsewhere (mostly soul leech stuff I'd say or shadowfury etc). The rest looks ok. Glyphs are also good.

Overall it looks pretty positive. Will have to talk it over with the other officers though. For now, here are some questions I have:

- What is your most played spec, and why
- Why don't you like Demonology? If you are the only warlock in a raid, it helps shitloads (raid dps/healing >>>> personal epeen)
- Do you have any logs that we can see for bossfights in both your specs?
- Your understanding of English seems to be alright, but I would like to ask you how your understanding of spoken English is. The raidleader speaks in English and we require evryone to understand what they say immediately.

Thank you for applying!

re: Re:application

Morning. Well honestly i was very drunk last night so i even wonder how i could do this apply even.. Well anyway about that Destro spec.. I have kept that improved corruption cos i have seen it buusting my dmg. And i had demo spec like ages ago but i just didin`t like it when i had it.. Maybe i had so much lower gear then so it didin`t work. And about Nibelung ,, well i have main hand/offhand also.. 251 thingys but been waiting that i get better 1 hander. Last night i was in icc25 and at saurfang i pushed up to 9.5k dps as desto. I cant remember how much i did as affi but i think it`s about same atleast. I know that haste would be better but i have just gemmed for sp and change it after i get new weapon. About how i understand enghlish.. Well i understand it enough so it`s not problem . Well i hope this was not too short reply,, Going to fix my hangover now.

Steelt81

re: re:application

Apply withdraw

Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Terve taas!
Back to English it is envy

I've known this fellow for quite some time, as I was in his guild (Sisu) way back in TBC. Did lots of Karazhan, Maggy and Gruul with them.
He was (and probably still is, kinda lost touch with him after WotLK came out) a very nice person, and also a typical Finn to say the least wink
If someone says "prepare for raid", here in Finland that means 24 beers and pizza :D

But yeah. He's Finnish, so obviously he's awesome (even though he's from Turku wink)

Any reason for withdrawing your apply?

/Arkas
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Arkas / Clawne wrote:
Any reason for withdrawing your apply?

/Arkas

My question as well.

Is there also a finnish custom to kick someone from a random heroic because "a guild healer came online"? confused

This guy did it several times, so will you Steelt kick other puggers from youre pugs if guildmembers come online and wants to join?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: