Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Waluin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Spell damage / healing on gear <WTOLK changes>

Riv wrote:
all i can see is the large amount of "need" rolls over items .
If untill now i had to roll against some priest healers, now i am going to roll against all cloth users (which are all casters).
That means that instead of 3-5 priests in raid i will have to roll against 40-50% of the raid O_o

Perhaps, but it'll also mean that every piece of cloth that drops in a raid can be used by you or the other casters, so there'll be more drops for everyone. Suddenly, instead of having perhaps one item drop that you can use, they'll be 3-4 of them! I'm quite sure that means it'll equal out somewhat good.

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Riv
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

so far every time i was sure of something i was proven wrong... so i trust nothing

Forum Pet

Quote:
PC Gamer: What else is changing?
Tom Chilton (Kalgan) : We’re also going to be doing away with spell-damage only type gear. We’ll be moving to a system that, as part of your talents, will let players convert healing into spell-damage and vice-versa as part of their talents. That way they can use the exact same gear, but their talents just adapt what it does.

Rofl, Ive been a n00b and not read this quote properly, just read the other guys discription and gone off that!!

From what I can tell now.

doing away with spell-damage only type gear
So bosses will no longer drop spell damage ONLY, only gear dropped will be healing / spell damage as it is with [Garments of Temperance] For example.

as part of your talents, will let players convert healing into spell-damage
So DPS specs now turn healing into spell damage, so will be something like:
Convert 5/10/15/20/25% of +healing into +spell damage.

I just dont understand what he means with vice versa, cause to me that means convert spell damage to +healing *shrug*

But it seems this is what he means, the only thing I want to know is the spell hit / crit, DPS specs need alot more crit and definatly hit than healers, so will healing gear also be seeing spell hit and crit being put on them ?

This will be a massive boost for healers tbh, not a nerf, if they put spell hit AND crit onto gear (as DPS need them stats) I could DPS pretty well as a healer spec, easily can do heroics DPSing, I have about 900spell damage with my totem, so just need spell hit and crit

*shrug* still its vague, and not clear, so still need to wait for WotlK

Chatterbox

Yeah, nothing SO specific yet, that we could argue if it's good or bad or something in between.

But we can think about the reasoning behind it. Why did Blizzard do this seemeingly drastic change? What was and is their motivation?

I came up with a few ideas:

1. Firstly, it saves them a lot of time. The amount of items they will have to make for instances and quest rewards will drop quite tremendously, so they don't need to use so much time to make them. Opinion vary a lot if this is good or bad. Some people say it's bad and blizzard is just lazy. Some think it's just good, and saves blizzards time to do more important stuff. I'm one of those people.

2. Secondly, it makes the lootpools on bosses smaller. Fewer items for us to drop equally means quite logically bigger droprates for items. So maybe thus lesser grind on instances?

3. Thirdly as a result of the above, it seems there will be lesser "non-wanted" items on raids, and especially on 5 mans. Guess we've been past that stage of TBC for a loong time, but in wotlk I assume we've gonna need to spend quite a few time on those again.

But really, all we got now in terms of info is a small quote on some interview. NOTHING really tells us yet if this might be a good thing overall or a bad thing. Or perhaps something inbetween?

Guess we'll just have to wait a bit more and see. ;)

-Naha.

Totally agree naha, I think it would be a good thing, WoW is a massive game, and I dont think they will mess up an already working system with a bad thing.

Look at healing gear before spell damage, now its nice, but I think they have put alot of thought into it, and think it would proberly be very good.

SWP was a good concept for unwanted gear, I think they want to take it that step further, and this is what this does, so hopefully its all good

Chatterbox

Well, I'm not saying it will be all good, they can still screw up the result of it. tongue out

But yeah I think it will just do what I said on the previous post.

What I think it won't do is: Make you totally hybrid. Meaning than in middfight you could go from healing to spell dmg dps just like that. No, I think you still need to go and respecc if you want to revert your spot on the raid/group.

But it's good that there might be no "healing offspecc rolls", or spell dmg vise versa. You can all need and your talent specc will determine what you can do with that gear (to a certain point.) Think that question about spell hit (which healers don't need) and crit (which some healers like palas need, but some others, like dr000ds, don't need) are yet to be unanswered.

Hopefully we'll soon know. Happy

-Naha.

Pretty sure there will be items with equal amount dmg, and healing on them.

100+ spelldmg
100+ Healing

Then with talents as said you can increase the siginfiance of the stat just like druids can do with intellect now, or priests with spirit(?).

Probably someting like 50% extra healing benefit from healing spec and 15-20% extra dmg if you spec in the dps tree.

if it is like this which I think sounds most logical it will still leave healers with about the same spelldmg/healing ratio as they got on their healing gear today.

And that some healers need mp5 or spirit. I think they will find a solution for that, maybe talanted aswell. But there won't be just 1 piece of cloth chest dropping in a certain tier of instances.

If they chose to use spirit on cloth and leather, and mp5 on mail and plate gear, who would be unhappy then? The cloth dpsers....maybe....eventually...probably not.
Nikolaos
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Think I read somewhere else it might be through spell coeffecticts that healers will get it back infact.

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hmm.. this reminds me of something. Recently while looking at the alpha talent trees for mages and warlocks, i see that they suddenly are getting a use for spirit, so i guess we can asume about all cloth items will get spirit to some degree with WotLK?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum