Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?!
It is crap better stick to WoW.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NICE! I would change stuff like...
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Not my taste, still a good listen.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Love it!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Myrawen
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Dunorius Production: Hardhouse - Hardstyle

Hey guys,

Been a bit busy lately on a song. So far this is the result, to improve I could realy use some more input. Any comments are most welcome Happy

The Genre is Hardhouse - Hardstyle, just to warn you for when you got your subwoofers way to high :D

Dunorius - Wars of Religion
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1124226&t=7389

Likes forums

I vote option 5: Not my style, completely clueless. I would never listen to it but I dont know anything about this music so I cant say if its good or not Happy

Stick to wow? No way! If you like doing this keep doing it, even if noone but you likes it :D

I would like to change stuff like... The Climax of the song!

This song is pretty awesome, i can already see myself at a rave with it playing.. But when I listened to it (and even more so if I was drunk n high at a rave) I was waiting for the climax of the song to come, the part where everyone just goes mental.. To me this sounds like a intro to a much longer song that does progressively speed up, I like the beat and the shifting in the song, it just need a more dramatic, high paced and.. rave'y end..

Hope my teenage insight is of any use.

(after the loud, "heavy" part that ends at 4:10, you should have put in the little quiet pause that you did, but at 5:00 I was like.. woot, here comes the hardcore go crazy time! .... .... .... *waiting till 5:50* then it starts again, and it sounds pretty cool, a bit slow.. but hmph.. lacks something to make it "Hardcore go crazy time'able")

Last edited by Algorath on 2008/06/12 5:56; edited 1 time in total

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Thanks Algo, guess it would be nice to go full out at the end. *goes to work*

Serious Troll <3

Hm, I normally don't listen this stuff, though I don't count it under the category of music I don't like either.
But I put this song on and then continued browsing the forum only to find myself headbobbing and tapping my feet to the music 3-4 mins later while I was browsing the forum, so I guess it's a good listen wink

not my type of music to be honest.

felt a bit too long to listen. I think you need to work on creating extreme points in to song. when a song goes straight forward without any decent changes it can be boring to listen. (then again, maybe it's just me that didn't notice the details in the song with my sucky headphone)

but keep working, before that I listened your other songs (Jenny posted some on these forums), well I liked those much better (eventhough they are not same kind). but keep working I'd say, you are good.
Aeolthelwen
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Don't know much about that genre.. so it's not my kinda taste. Gonna let the 'Professionals' critisize you :D

Mucklehugs
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I like it. But you wanted feedback on how to improve, so here it goes.

It strikes me as quite minimalist, now this could be deliberate, but personally I think it would be more interesting if you introduced another layer on top of the main hook.

If we deconstruct the sound, you have an ambient background with the samples as textures. Then there's the main fat sound ravey synth hook with the rubbery bass that follows each other, and then the smaller sound which also follows the hook - then you mix between these three to alter the sound over time. It works up to doubling the main fat sound in double octaves towards the end. This is all great - perhaps I would do a little bit more "crescendo", starting more paired back and cut out all towards the end for a long period to then surprise us with the doubling up - more drama.

However the main thing with the "another layer" would be to introduce another tune that does not follow the main hook. I would probably try to find something high pitched sound that I put on all 16ths, in my head I hear something quite trancey floaty broken 3-tone chord which is filtered over time to alter it. It needs to be quite dreamy so it can stay on top when the rest cuts out...

I'm rambling.
Myrawen
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Nice! Constructive comments Happy I am sure to work on these things. If not on this song, surely the future ones.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum