Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

re: SWP Trash Guide

Someone wanted to see it ^^ I R Pro Guide Writer.

**Copied from EoL tactics forum**

Edit: Extreme stuff for Feli.

The Merke-Man Challange – SWP

I was issued a task by (Forced into by the supreme presence of) Nethara,AKA, the evil one, to write a ‘book’ on SWP trash before Kalec. Now, I’m the type of guy that hits what he’s told to hit, no questions asked. So... Yeah... But I’m also the kind of guy who rises to the challange, so. YEAH! This book-guide-thing will be EXTREME! .... It might not be right, but still... EXTREME!!!!!

So, Sunwell. The hardest instance in the game at this present time. (I won’t include Nax, cause it pisses me off). The trash is hardcore. Well, not hardcore enough to best us, but it’s still pretty intense. To overcome the intenseness of the intense hardcore mobs, you will need the following.

A decent raid leader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04&feature=related

DPS who understand the concept of aggro

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/95thrifleregimentscope/agrocontrol.jpg

DPS who understand that the sheep are last to be killed
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/95thrifleregimentscope/sheep.gif

A nice, friendly raid dedicated to helping each other through tough times.
http://eol.guildlaunch.com/guild/library/gallery/3747/wowscrnshot_080608_2118421133Pop.jpg

Once you have the above, it is time to roll. Grab your flasks, buff-food, arcane trinkets / capes and leave your cybor channels. You will need your focus balls. We only start under-estimating this trash AFTER we down Kalecgos, which will be today. Let’s get an introduction to the mobs we’ll be facing.

The Mobs!

First up, and actually the first mob you’ll fight, is the Sunblade Protector. I like to call them the ‘Big-giant-machine-thing-bob’. Or the ‘Bedwyr has died...’ mob. These are the guys that get activated by Scouts or are already active and patrolling. I’ll cover scouts in a minute, as for these guys they’re just tank and spank with some extra fizzly electricity for kicks. Healing ftw. Piss easy.

The Groups

The Kill Order is Sunblade Cabalist (If Unsheeped) > Unsheeped Casters > Melee Mobs > Sheeped Mobs

This is because the casters cannot actually be tanked. All will be explained below \o/ Also, the less we are tanking, the less damage is being taken, the easier time the healers will have. Simple, huh?

After the first Mr. Roboto, we’re encountered with two groups. Obviously, we –could- pull them both at the same time and one shot each mob, but we won’t. That would require a brilliant, outstanding rogue tank and frankly I don’t want to waste my time on this pathetic trash... So yeah. The good old fashioned way comes to mind.

I don’t really pay attention to detail and I don’t actually know exactly how many mobs are in each group. I do, however, know what mobs there are and what to do with them. I’ll give you the priorities.

Sunblade Arch Mage {Sheep Priority #1 – Always sheeped}

These guys are well and truely bastards. They nova everyone, then fuck off. Then start using arcane explosion. Bloody mages. Pretty easy to kill, but they do quite a bit of aoe damage to the raid and can’t really be held down by a tank. For that reason, and probably others I don’t actually know, they are the main priority for sheep. There should be one or two of these per group.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/thumb/0/0f/Sunblade_Arch_Mage.jpg/200px-Sunblade_Arch_Mage.jpg

Sunblade Cabalist {Sheep Priority #2 – Kill Priority Number one}
These are the second asses of the groups. They summon a shitload of imps that surge off to beat up the healers and Nethara. These guys are killed before the Arch Mage (if sheep) or First (if no sheep). From what I can tell their spells are (like many of the others) unaffected by the highest aggro holder and will fire off into the raid at random.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/thumb/0/01/Sunblade_Cabalist.jpg/200px-Sunblade_Cabalist.jpg

Sunblade Dawn Priest / Sunblade Dusk Priest {Sheep Priority #3 – Kill Priority Number Two}

Since there’s two of these guys, I’ll give a run-down of what they do. They are pretty much holy / shadow priests with fancy names.

Dawn Priest: These guys are the holy priests of the bunch. When pulled, they should auto-cast themselves with Holy Form (http://www.wowdb.com/spell.aspx?id=46565). As far as I’ve seen, they generally do melee damage to the highest aggro dealer and use one spell every 8ish seconds called Holy Nova (?). This is like that priests’ bling spell, which is essentially an arcane explosion that damages the enemy and heals their allies. It IS interruptible, and should be interrupted to shorten the fights and cut back on raid damage.

Edit: I've found in the last run these guys don't actually break sheep with that holy nova. This makes them probably the most non-lethal and easiest to kill of the caster mobs and imo for that reason should not be prioritised for sheep.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/thumb/4/45/Sunblade_Dawn_Priest.jpg/200px-Sunblade_Dawn_Priest.jpg

Dusk Priest: The shadow version. These guys are half dead from warlocks and stuff by the time I get to them (Damn melee having to run to their targets) but these guys are a bastard. Melee damage on the tank is all fine and dandy, but their Mind Flay (?) is the really problem here. They’ll channel an uninterruptible spell at a target of their choice which will then jump to 3 / 4 additional nearby enemies. It hits four or five times for around 2k damage. They may (not entirely sure) also use SW:P every now and then, so dispellers be warned! Dum dum dum!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/thumb/2/25/Sunblade_Dusk_Priest.jpg/200px-Sunblade_Dusk_Priest.jpg

Sunblade Dragonhawk {Druid CC Hibernate} / Sunblade Vindicator / Sunblade Slayer (Kill Priority Number Three)

These guys are the melee of the groups. Generally, if I had my way, I’d kill them in the order listed above. I’d choose the Hawk first as to free up the druid from his CC duties to get back to healing or flag carrying or whatever resto druids do. Next up would be the vindicator as he cleaves and, being a rogue of much experience, I know cleave hurts. The Slayer can bring up the rear.

Dragonhawk: Nothing special from this guy (I don’t think so, anyway) CC til all the caster mobs are dead, then face roll FTW.

Vindicator: As stated above, likes to cleave for about 9k non-crit. Not a nice place to be standing if you’re a squishy rogue like me. Other than that, nothing special and can be face-rolled.

Slayer: Don’t even think this twat has any special abilities. I could look it up but I cba. I’m hungry. And want a break... In fact, let’s take a break. Think I’ll watch MGS Awesome 2. The best flash movie on the net. Brilliant for any metal gear solid fans.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/426712
Lawl. Love it. :P Annyyway... Yeah. Guide. Thing.

Edit: So... This is the Hunter mob. *Thunder and lightning strikes overhead* Corner pulls ftw. He shoots people. Which is not cool. Meh, we'll just own his face along with the other melee, perhaps before. Perhaps not.

After the melee you just generally the sheep marks, leaving the arch-mage til last IMO.

This would pretty much be everything, were it so simple. But, as with everything, it isn’t.

Sunblade Scouts:

These are first to die, have between 20 to 30k hit points and like to surge off (at the start of each group pull) and activate a ‘Bedwyr has died ...’ mob. The scunts, as I like to call them, are immune to all stuns, snares and can see through rogue stealth. In fact, they don’t just see through stealth, they will actually see you from further away if you’re stealthed as opposed to if you’re not. The way of dealing with these consists of the following.

A distract: Rogues are finally useful for something other than DPS, Interrupting and whining about a lack of a WF goat. We distract the mob when in range of the other casters so that they have a free 10 seconds to fire their big spells at him and RHWAR-DIE! Him.

Ranged Spells: As stated above. This includes Soul-fires, Mind-destroy-priest-moves, Pyroblasts, aimed shots, Starfire, shadowbolts, whatever. Just kill the damn thing. They must have around or above a 30 yard range, or you’ll body-pull the mob.

A count-down: Obviously, one spell hitting alone will trigger the scout and Bedwyr will die. To ensure this doesn’t happen, we need a countdown (That is actually in seconds) to kill the scout. REMEMBER – The Countdown isn’t just a ‘We’re pulling in’ countdown. Peoples spell-casts rely on it so it needs to be as accurate as possible. The best thing to do is use WoWs newly implemented stopwatch. *thumbs up* (Click on what used to tell the time, A.K.A, the sun/moon icon and the stopwatch option is in the corner. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a countdown option, but still. \o/
The countdown will start at 10. At 5, the Rogue will distract on the mobs position. Beyond that, the casters will start their spells at the respective times. E.g: A 3 sec cast will start casting at 3. This is so the spells are launched when the countdown hits 0, and the mob should die.

Below is all the distracts, their positions for the distracts and where the raid / caster dps should be. Sorry for the lame paint drawings.

Distract One:
Note, The Robot on the left that is visible can be pulled before the Scout, however isn't usually as to save time and it gives the Scout a target to run to that is in range of our casters. Just remember that after killing the scout we will need to either pull back or move to the right as to not pull him into combat.

Note Two, this pull should only be attempted when we know where that freckin annoying patrol is, otherwise they get angry and zerg our faces!

Forum Image

Distract Two:
Note: After many wipes tonight on this pull we found the robot on the left CAN be pulled before the group.

Forum Image

Distract Three:

Forum Image

In case you're an idiot and didn't notice, there is a giant-bedwyr-killer-robo-man-dude just to the right around this corner. When fighting the group above, don't run to the right... Stay clear... You pull it, you tank it. *gets ideas*

Distract Four:
We -could- kill the robots, but why bother.

Forum Image

Conclusion:

Half of this is probably wrong, and most of you won't read it. But I will now go to sleep with my mission completed ^^ Night all. WTB T6 bracers tomorrow.

Merke-Man Out!

Forum Image

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Moofster

Guide per 3.0 nerf:

Bring 1 Paladin tank
Bring 1 Druid tank
Bring 9 AoErs
Bring 4 Healers

Scouts:
Paladin will just aggro him and let him enable the “bedwyr has died” mobs. Paladin uses his AoEfartofoverpoweredthreat to pick up the random trash mobs, creating an AoE nuke zone of imba pewpew.

The druid, clearly the only class capable and competent of tanking a “bedwyr has died” mob (and any other boss/mob really) will pick them up every time a scout activates them and drag them in the AoE zone.

The AoErs (basically warlocks) will just nuke all out, killing any kind of mob within mere seconds.

Repeat for all 4 packs till the next zone. In the next zone the druid tank can take a wel earned rest and /afk (remember the follow button) while the paladin just spams his IWIN button of AoEfartofoverpoweredthreat for all the mobs.

(off topic: goodluck on Bruttalus especially with the nerf incoming I guess the pressure is up. How far you guys progress on him now btw? Think you guys are pretty close to killing now especially with the imba tips Borg got?)
Rovasti

We got Brutallus to enrage with about 25% hp left. Had 1 extra healer and dps wasn't still there. Lack of shamans might explain a bit.
Moofster

Hitting enrage is good.

Surviving the fight till enrage will make you gain control of the fight and then focus on boosting your dps on other places.

25% is quite a lot though for enrage. Borg slacking on passing through tips again éh…
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I gave tips Happy

We just havent tried since gaining any tip ive gained from the X amount of forums I posted on :P

Still waiting for blizzard to make you able to change faction so you can become alliance and come tank moof :P

We havent even tried with 7 healers yet.... like I want to, not able to get a good setup. Ahh well will have to see what happens Happy

*Hugs the moof*

Yeah Brut really requires raid setup…

I’m not sure doing Brutt with 8 healers is realistic for a starting guild… It’s like using 2 warriors as a starter guild, it just makes it incredibly hard and unreal. Sure there are reports of guilds that did this, but I’ve checked these reports. Those are prots that output 900dps (obviously in full Tier7 tank gear) or have a raiddps of 40k even with 8 healers (you need 26.6k I believe).

Shamans are key in this fight. Chain heal is just overpowered for meteorlashes. So you basically want 2 shamans, 1 for each Meteor Lash group and the other picks up MT healing. I really don’t see a raid downing Bruttalus without shamans tbh, especially thinking back on how the healer meters looked when we were on him. That and they are key for bloodlust(swapping).

There be so many small and big things you have to look at in the Brutt fight for max dps. I could make a list and still be working on it till tommorow. But all these small and bigger things become one key thing to keep in mind: enough dps to kill him.

Anyhow gluck with it. He’s nastyyy :P

P.S.:
Cant afford two accounts to play both factions xD
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

We could share my second account wink

Zomg… is everyone rich these days that they have multiple accounts? oO

Madness I tell you, madness.

Hmm.. might concider that offer if things don’t shape up hordeside since its drama atm. Never seen such hostility and lack of tolerance between guilds/people. People are basically killing eachother off…

Concidering making a 2nd bet as well since my first bet is pretty much free earned money nao muwhaha! So gogo pewpew him! I wantz moar money! :P
Moofster

SWP ready Druid tank 1

Think I could fool blizzard? I mean, its not like they really can see the difference between bears, so what if one is larger!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum