Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valinn

re: Valinn - Application

Personal Infomation:
Name: Joe
Sex: Male
Nationality: British

Character Information:

Name: Valinn
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Level: 70
Keys: All Heroics apart from HH - Karazhan, working on SSC.

What are your primary roles during a raid?

Primarily tanking, recently respecced to Fury DPS (which is significant), however, I'm willing to respec/negotiate on that. (Off-specs are possible.)

Previous raid experience?
Zul'Gurub, Molten Core, AQ20, AQ40, Onyxia, Karazhan, Gruul's Lair.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 during evenings and 13:00 to 18:00 on sunday afternoon.
My usual raid schedule consists of: Monday Evening, Tuesday Evening, Some Wednesday Evenings, Some Friday Evenings, Some Sunday Evenings. (When raid dates are posted, I can comment on whether I can make it or not.) - Please note, Schoolwork can be quite heavy at the moment, and unfortunately my activity has been dwindling.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

2+

Any RP details about your character?
I will post a short extract on a fictional character I created called Sarriana, since I write RP (Novel), and have not yet finished writing Valinn's template.

Sharp, cold air filled her lungs as she breathed heavily in the not so subtle cold. She savoured the refreshing scent of the pines, and chilling temperatures of the Lowlands. Cold was one thing Sarriana was used to by now. Living in the north with her family, the Anessens, was seldom easy. Sarriana almost glided down the crumbling mud path, admiring her shoes' agility as they practically skipped down the muddy bank. In front of her; an inn, and her place of rest for tonight. It was nothing special, looked to be made from wood, and it was creaking in the wind, but it looked homely enough. The wind howled in her ears; "Such an annoyance", she thought. So she quickened her pace, jumping along the rough path, avoiding the gaze of the trees.
Sarriana stepped into the porch of the inn, and observed the heavy dark willow wood ladened on the floor. She tip-toed along, hardly making a sound in comparison to the heavy-footed residents.

Inns were always awkward places for Sarriana, who didn't consider herself too socially adept, but they always intruiged her, so many faces, so many tales, so many voices. She peered into the inn's lobby, cupping her ear in hope to salvage the tone of the conversations.

"Them Anessens eh? I 'eard their daughter ran off after their old man was captured."
"That Valinn?" The man asked whilst leaning back onto the legs of his chair.
"Mhmm..."
"Seething idiot, I heard, not to mention down on his luck"

Sarriana strolled into the room, and stumbled through the almost onslaught-like obstacles of people towards the bar. "May I have a table please? Somewhere... Quiet."
The barman, looking rather grubby and rubbing a twitch in a peculiar looking eye, lead her quietly to a table in the second room, in a corner. She sat down without making a fuss, and pulled down the hood on her robe, the silk ran smoothly down her shiny hair, she shivered.
Sarriana watched the sturdy oak floor, and observed a silhouette turn and look towards her. Every muscle in her body tensed, and she did her best to retain her posture. The barman returned, his leather boots echoing on the floor. "Brandy" he croaked, "You look like you need it". Sarriana quietly thanked the barman, and fumbled a few coins into his smutty hands. She returned her attention to the room around her. The walls shared the same fashion as the floor, long wooden planks, glowing in the light of the torches dotted across the walls. In the center of the room, an old, chandelier hung a shadow across the walls, where the light of the slowly dimming candles could not reach. Trophies littered the walls, moose heads, boar limbs, and various arrangements of bloodied bear paws. Sarriana snickered to herself, her sick humour kicking in. She glanced over towards the silhouette, and slowly upwards to the figure's chair. A man was sat there, about 6 feet tall and rather muscular. Long greasy black hair was strewn down his thick brown leather coat and a pipe was lodged in his mouth. He was facing away from Sarriana next to an old priest, (dressed in starcloth), and looked to be debating furiously with him. His face was slightly tanned, and lightly stubbled. His facial hair however was unperturbed from the arguement.

"Oh, and I suppose you think being a priest; holding people's confidence gives you the right to claim their houses in the 'Divine name of the Gods'."
"We do as the go-".
"Well, I tell you this, you have neither my confidence, nor my faith, and unless you get out of my face pretty damn soon, I swear to you, you will be a little closer to your 'Gods almighty'".
"Are you threatening me?"
"Oh no, Setex Allen just brandishes empty threats for his own amusement, you folly fool."
"Setex Allen!?" The priest guffawed, "By the Vae', what a fitting appearance, too!", the priest chuckled heartily to himself, and hoisted himself from his chair, grasped his walking stick and limped out of the inn.

"Something wrong at the Monestary" thought Sarriana.
The figure took a large swig of his mug, and twiddled his thumbs, before sighing and peering around him once more. He spotted Sarriana observing him from the corner, and slowly got up from his seat. Sarriana hung her head, and ruffled through her robe's pockets. Wand, paper, quill. A chair was set before Sarriana's table. She shuddered. The man sat down, leaning back comfortably and peered searchingly at Sarriana, nodding at her silence. He looked rather pleased with himself.

In order to keep this application a moderate length, I've cut the template here.
The rest of the template can be found at: www.perplexed-whim.blogspot.com
I thoroughly encourage you to take a look, even if you're not interested in recruiting me as a warrior.
The template can be found by scrolling down, or by using the drop-down hierarchy at the right hand side of the page.

Previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving:

Stormwind Militia 1-55: sought raiding and a less rigourous community.
Jubjub 60-70: Enjoyed the lovely community and amazing raids with close friends of mine.
The Exiles 70-now: Had a nice spell with the Exiles, finding them both friendly and encouraging in a PvE sense. However, after taking a 4 week break from the game, I found my raid place lost, and myself rather excluded from social activities.
Although Hiddenshadow is returning from holiday shortly, and has assured me he will have use for me, I think perhaps it's time I moved on.

How did you find us?
Realm Forum recruitment thread.
Awareness of the guild in game.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
The Echoes of Lordaeron thoroughly intruiged me upon reading the recruitment thread, and browsing a few of the applications made already on the forum. I would like to mould back into a few raids, raiding perhaps 2+ times a week. The concept of (mandatory) RP and meetings, and having members with both RP and PvE skills thoroughly interested me. I wish to become more active on the game (as I've said, my activity is dwindling) and on the RP and PvE scenes.

What do you expect of us, and how will you contribute?

In a guild, I look for a friendly, relaxed community, focused on not all out achieving the best "lewt" and first boss kills, but playing the game for fun. Be it raiding for fun; RP'ing, or otherwise. Good PvE progress of course is a bonus, however not a necessity.

Who can we contact for a reference?

Unfortunately, most of my in game friends no longer play, but you can contact: Morgalyen, Valtar, Kersher (Yolana), and Hiddenshadow. (Although, when Hiddenshadow finds out about this application, my expulsion from The Exiles is rather predictable.) Also, maybe Nikolaos can throw a good word in for me, who knows. :3 *hint*

Anything else you would like to add?
To Nikolaos: Anithiel sends her regards. *snicker*
Apart from that, nothing else, methinks!
I hope you enjoy the application, and I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Valinn

Edit:

What do you expect of us, and how will you contribute?
In a guild, I look for a friendly, relaxed community, focused on not all out achieving the best "lewt" and first boss kills, but playing the game for fun. Be it raiding for fun; RP'ing, or otherwise. Good PvE progress of course is a bonus, however not a necessity.
In return, I can offer you an incredibly experienced tank, with the gear to match for Karazhan, both tanking and DPS-wise.
(I know some people are optimistic about Fury DPS, but I can dish out a nice 400-1200DPS, and take 1st-5th in the DPS meter.)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Valinn
(I believe Valinn is in Fury gear at the moment, in beserker stance, add 3% crit and 200AP [Unbuffed].)
Nikolaos
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Excellent & Compentent tank pre TBC, and I never heard any complaints from Exiles so I assume he's still good :P A generally decent chap I think Happy

And send my regards to Anithiel, how is she?

awesome RP part there Happy

This post seems he is more mature then i would expect from his IRL age

Anithiel is good, Niko'. :D
She's still ranting and raving about everything, as we have all come to expect of her nowadays. Happy
Although she's stopped playing, when I told her about my application, she mentioned you. :3
I'll try and get her to pop into the forums, if that's alright with the moderator.

Tin-Can out.
Baelgrim

Hey there Valinn

As it is now we could really use a tank, so you applied right in time mate!

Your application is good and as people before said it's mature, true.

Although you are kind of young, i really hope your personality match the level of maturity your application has shown. Honestly i personally aim for 18+ recruits but hey im 25... Im an old man ^^.

Joking aside, i definatly would like to give you a trial and see how it works out cause you seem like a stand up guy too me!

Ill get back to you once ive spoken with the clan mate.

Cheers!
/Baelgrim

Samoraz
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Stormwind Militia 1-55: sought raiding and a less rigourous community.
Jubjub 60-70: Enjoyed the lovely community and amazing raids with close friends of mine.
The Exiles 70-now: Had a nice spell with the Exiles, finding them both friendly and encouraging in a PvE sense. However, after taking a 4 week break from the game, I found my raid place lost, and myself rather excluded from social activities.
Although Hiddenshadow is returning from holiday shortly, and has assured me he will have use for me, I think perhaps it's time I moved on.

awesome list of guilds, i know the exiles and the militia well, and i like your rp style. i vote your in.

Sup Joe

After talking to my crew we've decided that you are welcome to join us if you agree on speccing protection and staying so i the future. Of course you may respecc when not raiding or for some arena or whatever, but your primary role will be tank in all raids, cause we have a shortage of tanks and we dont need any more fury warriors.

If you agree on this i say, welcome to EoL ma nigg

Cheers
/Baelgrim

Valinn

I'd love to spec protection, it's my favourite spec'.
Consider it done.
Thanks.

Tin-Can out.
Valinn

Done.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Li0cZcZcEtoI0zcest

Tin-Can out.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: