Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archai

re: Rogue Application

Personal Infomation:
Sex: male
Nationality: Danish (Denmark)

Character Information:
Name: Archai
Race: Kaldorei (Night Elf)
Class: Assassin (Rogue)
Level: 70
Keys: Coilfang (soon Kara, I am on the attunement quests)

What are your primary roles during a raid?
My role is to do whatever the raidleader tells me to do, other than that – DPS!

Previous raid experience?
Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon (just one time), Naxx, MC, ZG, BWL, Onyxia and world bosses.
Ofcourse also PVP raid experience.
All this is with my other characters.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 during evenings and 13:00 to 18:00 on sunday afternoon.
Yes.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
Somewhere between 3 and 7 ^^
Depends how much work I have to do but I would say that the average is 4-6 days a week.

Any RP details about your character?
Archai is a Night Elf from a rich and powerful family. But he suffers from a mental illness: He thinks he was sent to Azeroth by Elune herself to assassinate enemies of Elune and other threats to the Night Elves.
He believes that it was the Night Elves who won The Third War and not The Alliance, therefore he believes that Night Elves are above all other races. The supreme race! He is a bit angry at the other races within The Alliance, because he thinks that it is their fault that the Night Elves had to give up their immortality (by destroying the well of eternity = The World Tree) to save them from Archimonde.
But don’t worry, he is friendly towards all people.. unless.. “Elune” tells him to assassinate them.

Previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving:
Recently transferred from another realm, so I haven’t been in any guilds on this server yet.

How did you find us?
Saw an application threat on the Scarshield Legion forum.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
By what I have heard so far you are a friendly guild with mature players. I am not gonna lie and say that it is not because of the raids, it is, but only partly. I am looking for a guild with whom I can find new friends, because my friendlist is rather short because of the transfer ;) And at the same time progress in PVE.

What do you expect of us, and how will you contribute?
I expect friendliness and social moments of glory!
I expect that you can teach me and I hope that I can teach you.
I have played the game since release.
I have 2 lvl 70 rogues and a lvl 45 rogue, so I know a lot about rogues and how to play one. Other than that I have a lvl 70 Warlock, a lvl 70 Hunter, a lvl 60 Paladin, a lvl 70 Warrior and a 60 Shaman. I have been raidleader many times and even once a Guild Master (PVE).
So I hope I can contribute.
Other than that I offer friendship and dedication!

Who can we contact for a reference?
Since I just recently transferred I really cannot give many references, but my best friend Serafína (on this server) a lvl 70 Druid knows me and she knows my skills.
Other than her I cannot give any references.. some of you might know me as the guy with a murloc suit :P or spectral tiger mount?

Anything else you would like to add?
I have to admit that my gear is kinda crap (still 2 greens) because I just recently became lvl 70 with this character, none the less, it is not the gear but the skills that matters. Gear can change, attitude, dedication and skills cannot!
(For some reason my armory profile wont update since the transfer, it says I am still 68 and have crappy gear, which is not true (got a couple of epics). For real gear contact me in-game)

The reason I transferred server was only so that I can play with my best friend Serafína. (I know she is not in the guild, but she isn’t online very often, so being in a guild together doesn’t really matter)
Felidra
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: lol

Quote:
My role is to do whatever the raidleader tells me to do, other than that – DPS!

Heh, we do expect you to actually think about what the raidleader is asking you to do, you know. They do screw u^H^H^H^H^H^H^H make mistakes sometimes! :-)

Aside from that .. you seem to qualify nicely in terms of attitude, experience and even RP-wise.

The only roadblocks I can think of in reality is the number of melee DPS spots we have or unexpected things like bad rep or you performing badly in a trial run or something wink

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

The main question I have is: which character is you main?
And if this character is not your main, how can you promise us 4-6 raid days?

Liesje wrote:
The main question I have is: which character is you main?
And if this character is not your main, how can you promise us 4-6 raid days?

I see your point Happy
My main is the rogue I am applying with. It is the only character I play (hence the murloc suit :P).
The reason I have so many characters is because I never really settled with any other class than the rogue.

And to Felidra: I know :P raidleaders aren't flawless (neither were I ;)) I would like to change my statement then:

My role is to do whatever the raidleader tells me to do (to a certain point), other than that – DPS! :envy
Silaz
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

re: application

was first sceptic on another rogue due to melee spots, but i must say after reading yer application i am interested in a trial...

This is a very nice application dude and you certainly seem to share the same vision has the rest of us, melee dps spots shouldn't be a problem, i mean i bet you know how it works, you prove you rock and know how to play you get spots in raids mate. I definatly see you on trial.

So welcome to EoL man!

Arphenion

Well at first the application looks really good, but when i took a peek at the armory then i was left worried, because 80% of your gear is greens which kind of shows me the lengths one is willing to go to gear up (not for the sake of personal vanity but rather to be on bar with others and contribute equally not be carried through by others). On top of that the current specc on armory is odd at best...

So before i talk to you in person and get satisfying reasons for those things i can't see you as an equal member at PvE range which we tend to be a lot about...

I'll contact you online...

Arphenion wrote:
, but when i took a peek at the armory then i was left worried, because 80% of your gear is greens which kind of shows me the lengths one is willing to go to gear up (not for the sake of personal vanity but rather to be on bar with others and contribute equally not be carried through by others). On top of that the current specc on armory is odd at best...

I understand your concern, but as I wrote in my application my armory profile isn't up to date for some reason Happy
Yeah it is true I still have greens, but right now it is only two greens contra the fact that I have several epics, 5 if I remember correct.
I admit that my gear isn't the best, but I wrote that in my application aswell. But as I said, gear can change, attitude, personality and skills cannot. And I just recently became lvl 70.
Ofcourse it is understandable if you reject me because of my gear, I accept that Happy But I want you to consider if my experience and attitude isn't of more value than a few more epix?
No offence Happy
Felidra
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: hmm

Quote:
Of course it is understandable if you reject me because of my gear, I accept that Happy But I want you to consider if my experience and attitude isn't of more value than a few more epix?
No offence Happy

Oh, you're absolutely right about that. The proof will be in the pudding I suspect - how will you do when we test your skills?

In the end that's what the determining factor should be - real life attitude, performance, ability to learn, and guild spirit wink

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Dargno

Gear can be different but i think it updates as long as you play so either you've not played for a while or you just got new epics the last week.

Other then that... talent build reflects class knowledge and if arph says its at best an odd build...

really think you should contact Arph ingame for this.

but ofc i'm only a regular member so its up to the magisters and councilors.

Hey Archai

Could you be so kind to contact Arphenion in WoW and talk to him but your gear and specc and so on and after you guys have chatted for a bit we can make our final decision based on that, thanks mate.

Archai

Although I would love to join your guild I have to withdraw my application.
Reason: Some IRL problems does that I won't be able to raid for some time. At least not as often as I thought.
I hope you find another (maybe better geared?) rogue for your guild.

I wish you the best of luck in the future!

And to the rogue class leader, I am sorry I never contacted you, but as I wrote before, some IRL problems have made me unable to play the last couple of days and will continue to do so in the near future. Maybe a couple of weeks.

- Best regards, Archai!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: