Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Spell damage / healing on gear <WTOLK changes>

Taken from MMO champion:

Quote:
PC Gamer: What else is changing?
Tom Chilton (Kalgan) : We’re also going to be doing away with spell-damage only type gear. We’ll be moving to a system that, as part of your talents, will let players convert healing into spell-damage and vice-versa as part of their talents. That way they can use the exact same gear, but their talents just adapt what it does.

Now before everyone starts freaking out this is what it will probably mean.

Quote:
Posted on MMO champion by Intie

As I understand it there will be gear with some "universal spell power" - for example:

Imba Hat of the Sorcerrer
+45 Stamina
+39 Intelect
+35 Universal Spell Power

Then mages/locks/ele shamans/etc. will have talent that will convert 1 USP to 2 Spell Damage while holy priest/druids/resto shamans/etc. will have talent in their holy/resto trees that will convert 1 USP to lets say 7 Healing.

That way when you respec from holy priest to shadow priest, you can still wear the same hat and still get appropriate stats from it.

Chatterbox

Intersting find mate. Happy

I know there were plans from blizzard side to introduce a sort Itemrack -type of feature ingame with Wotlk, which would solve the bagspace problem which every hybrid class faces, if they intend to keep all their gear with 'em.

This answer here to that problem sounds much more logical to me . Hope it goes live aswell. Happy

-Naha.

HAHA, its a stupid response, and I HATE it, too much fail in it.

1. Everyone looks the same (small problem, but I hate that fact)

2. Gear requires more stats than Spell damage/healing. Means it dosent conquer the DE's you get when an item drops people need.
(still need gear with MP5, spriit, crit, hit for specific classes)

3. IT REQUIRES TALENTS - so I cant DPS at all as a healer, if the gear goes like this I would at the moment have (as resto spec) 2200 +healing 0Spell damage.
HOW DO I GRIND, how do I do dailies?
I have to respec everytime I want to do any solo play? Yeah thats nice!!!

4. IT REQUIRES TALENTS - so instead of useing nice ideas to upgrade classes and make us more unique blizzard decide to make this, so that all 3 of my trees has 1 spot where this talent is, used to change a gear stat to a stat thats needed. I HAVE to pick this talent, I have no choice but to pick this.

I really dont like the idea

Think its thoughtless and lazy, means less work for blizzard. No need to craft gear if they can make 1 piece to fit all, thats what it seems like. Just far to lazy.

Just make stuff like SWP where you can change DPS gear - healing etc etc. That is a good idea, stops un-needed drops being DE'd and makes them all useful if you have the class in the raid.

Upping the guild post count

Doesn't solve a thing for paladins.

Healing spec needs +universal spell power, +mp5, +int, +spell crit
Prot needs +stamina, armor, block value, defense, dodge/parry/block rating, etc .. and +universal spell power.
Ret needs .. well, not +universal spell power and none of the stats listed above at any rate wink

For shamans it makes the elemental/resto split a bit less of a split in terms of gear I guess.
For druids same except it's balance/resto where the split is.
For priests it might work.
For mages/warlocks/rogues/warriors it's completely irrelevant.

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Its for casters Feli not Melle, so Tanks / Melle dont have this (yet)

Basically A piece of cloth with the new universal stat is now available for:

Healing priest, Shadow priest, lock, mage, Healing druid, Boomkin
(all these are able to use cloth gear at the moment and benefit from similar stats)

At the moment Healer gear = healers only
DPS gear = DPS only.

The idea is to limit DE's and give more useful loot.

The idea is good, and it does what they want.

BUT it screws over healers, they lose the whole grinding spec (unless the talent has +damage as well as healing
1universal point = 7healing + 1 spell damage)

But I just dont like it, in my eyes it dosent solve the problem, healers need MP5 or spirit alot more than DPS classes do.

Restoration shamans need MP5, haste and +healing, elemental shaman needs +crit (mostly)

There still needs to be gear for different specs, you cant gain everything you need for a class by a universal point system.

Theres more to gear than spell damage / healing.

Next thing is, they just make a stat called +imba.

Gives spelldamage, or healing, or attack power, or extra avoidance, or .. well. whatever, based on talents.
You know, that's a great idea, let's just put item levels on items and work out all the other stats from talents :P

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yep, thats what im thinking

Mail
Armor - 800
Primary stat - 21
Secondary Stat - 20

Universal point - 35
Special Ability - 25

Restoration talents:
Convert 1 Primmary stat to 1stam
Convert 1 scondary stat to 1 int
Convert 1 Universal point to 2healing and 0.2 spell damage
Convert 1 special ability to 0.5 MP5

Enahncement talents:
Convert 1 primary stat to 1 stam and 0.5 str
Convert 1 secondary stat to 1 agi
Convert 1 universal point to 1 AP
Convert 1 special ability to 0.3 haste rateing

Elemental talents:
Convert 1 primary stat to 1 stam
Convert 1 secondary stat to 1 int
Convert 1 Universal point to 1 spell damage
Convert Spencial ability to 0.3 crit rateing

I see the future, I cant wait

Forum Pet

Quote:

Its for casters Feli not Melle, so Tanks / Melle dont have this (yet)

Basically A piece of cloth with the new universal stat is now available for:

Healing priest, Shadow priest, lock, mage, Healing druid, Boomkin
(all these are able to use cloth gear at the moment and benefit from similar stats)

At the moment Healer gear = healers only
DPS gear = DPS only.

The idea is to limit DE's and give more useful loot.

The idea is good, and it does what they want.

BUT it screws over healers, they lose the whole grinding spec (unless the talent has +damage as well as healing
1universal point = 7healing + 1 spell damage)

But I just dont like it, in my eyes it dosent solve the problem, healers need MP5 or spirit alot more than DPS classes do.

Restoration shamans need MP5, haste and +healing, elemental shaman needs +crit (mostly)

There still needs to be gear for different specs, you cant gain everything you need for a class by a universal point system.

Theres more to gear than spell damage / healing.

The stats differences might be bad in one way (since, for example, healers don't need spellhit at all) but I still find this idea good.

At the moment, especially for an offspecc like moonkins, getting different pieces of gear to customize your gear to a perfect composition is not easy without tapping into cloth. With this system, if I lack mp5, there's bound to be an item out there with big piles of mp5. I lack crit? Must be some piece out there.

The deal with this is that since there are more pieces of gear available to people, the pieces can be a bit "wilder" if you may in stats composition. Items with an odd mix of crit/haste, stupid amount of stamina, crit or possibly intellect will be made possible, since it's not the only piece available to that particular specc. This leads to possibilities of customizing your gear even more exact than what enchants or gems can do.

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yeah waulin, it does depend what they do with the stats on how much it makes a difference I agree.

But its just the thought of loseing the spell damage which they changed in the first place on all healing gear (to help healers out) and that in order to grind I need to have another set to do so, I cant run around in my healing gear killing things (quickly)

It is a nice idea, and I can see where they are going with it, just I guess this person has took the wrong idea from it, but if they do what this post suggests, it would suck

Forum Pet

Borgrimm wrote:
Yeah waulin, it does depend what they do with the stats on how much it makes a difference I agree.

But its just the thought of loseing the spell damage which they changed in the first place on all healing gear (to help healers out) and that in order to grind I need to have another set to do so, I cant run around in my healing gear killing things (quickly)

It is a nice idea, and I can see where they are going with it, just I guess this person has took the wrong idea from it, but if they do what this post suggests, it would suck

Well, I doubt that they'd screw over healers like that, they just recently added spelldamage to healinggear so the talents will probably incluse making some spelldamage out of the universal power, just not as much as if you specced into your caster tree.

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Riv
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

all i can see is the large amount of "need" rolls over items .
If untill now i had to roll against some priest healers, now i am going to roll against all cloth users (which are all casters).
That means that instead of 3-5 priests in raid i will have to roll against 40-50% of the raid O_o

Meaning less chance to get new items, aside of that the fact Riv wont be able to do anything but heal scare me, its hard to grind atm as it is, but losing all my fire power is just saying "healers can only progress with groups" that will be true for grinding and lvling up.

now i am not sure how this is going to work but i see alot of holes in it, what if i don't have the talent? then i can't use this "universal" thing? if so and everything will turn universal then, what i get no healing / spell dmg?
will there be any dpl dmg / healing gear still? if so, not having the talent meanning i will be able to still use the old system? and how well will these items be?

Just too many open questions, so i guess nothing i can do but wait for the finall notification of bliz

Quote:

Meaning less chance to get new items, aside of that the fact Riv wont be able to do anything but heal scare me, its hard to grind atm as it is, but losing all my fire power is just saying "healers can only progress with groups" that will be true for grinding and lvling up.

Let's assume for now Blizzard won't be silly enough to revert the principle that healers need some spelldamage from their gear for grinding purposes. It worked out pretty well (god I lost a lot of items after that patch, my spelldamage set sucked major compared to the healing set with added spelldamage suddenly wink and I don't think they want to move away from it.

Unless Blizzard _says_ they want to remove that grinding capability I am going to assume they won't.

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yeah, I think its just mis-cnception of the people im reading replies from

But yes Riv, it seems that you wont be able to use the points if you dont have the talents, that the biggest downside to me, i am guessing it will only be 1 talent point, but the biggest flaw is it destroys any 'hybrid' builds.

Theres bound to be people who like a build with points in all trees, or likes points in 2 just split evenly. Having the conversion in talent trees just makes it a NEED for someone to spec X amount of points in a talent tree to be any use.

Shame really

Forum Pet

I hope they will bound that talent to already existing talent ;). For example Spirit Guidance/Darkness or something like that for priests Happy.

Felidra wrote:
Next thing is, they just make a stat called +imba.

<3 xD

And I for my part don't care about WotLK too much atm, I'll figure it all out when the expansion comes and the changes are "confirmed". Doesn't make sence to discuss that at the moment in my oppinion, since we can't know how it's going to be. =P

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum