Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Furium1

re: Furium is upset...

Feronius wrote:
And your point is? I think exactly the same about their guildrecruitment..
But they don't whine if I make one comment on it, or take it to the open forums of one's guild asking for measures against me.. Get a grip.

Quote:
- finding parties if really needed

You should read up what Trade is really for.
What I did is also NOT flaming, Not in my dictionary. Just a slightly anoying wiseguy comment at the most.
There.. now I've answered all your stupid statements and quotes.. yet you forgot to put in my actual "flame-quote" which was "ow so insultive.."

Quote:
that is hard enough without people hindering my recruitment publicly in trade channel.

From there onwards I failed to take you serious, sorry.

My point was about the validity of recruiting members using trade channel you seemed to think it was only going to get bad players. Frankly I don't care how he critisised my recruitment methods the thing was it was public and after however many hours over a week I have been trying to find members this was not welcome for me.

Quote:
I agree with feronius in a less angry way ( ) furium is being a hypocrite. He is complaining here about a member misusing trade when he does the same.

I dont think its hypocritcal what I may have said may not belong in trade but doesnt actually harm anyone it isnt like it burns your eyes ou every time you see something that doesnt belong in trade... However being publicly critical does

Quote:
about 98% of the people connected to trade couldn't give a monkey's about your guild recruitment message but the 2% who do that make a comment are trying to point out that you are misusing the trade channel, regardless of form or function of the comment i think someone like you furium, who is now trying to be a big man complaining about EoL member conduct in trade should bloody well not be spamming recruitment in trade.

I am in no way trying to be a big man I simply wanted to resolve his situation I did not mean to get offensive to anyone although some others may not...
Feronius
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Your guild must've killed Illidan already.. cause I swear you're wearing his headpiece.. jeez..

I did NOT critise you, I just told you that you are spamming and should STFU with your guildmessage 20x times a day.. so YES it does hurt my eyes.. it's not nicely written and it's taking up my whole chatscreen.
And NO I'm not even considering making my view on the wonderfull world of Warcraft smaller by enlarging my chatbox.

Now this already looks a tad more like critising, closing this thread would be appreciated.. if not.. Nethara? Isn't this a gnome that would look adorable pinned to a wall as decoration?
(cough.. Liesje's not here :P I can make gnomejokes!..cough)
Myrawen
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Furious, oh wait... Furium. Sorry missread.

I wonder how many members you gotten through Trade Channel...

It doesn't matter how you bring it your Guildrecruitment message is spam on Trade channel. If it is 1 line or 100 lines it doesn't belong there.
What I see most of the time is that one person spams in trade channel 50 others follow. You spam your guildrecruitment 2 sec after 4 others did the same.

We got a saying here in Holland: "Als er een schaap over de dam is, volgen er meer."
It means: "If one sheep crosses a dam, more will follow." You are the first sheep. Nethara would you be so kind giving him the apperance that suits him best?

Please next time think abit before you wish to point 1 person out that is telling you off in trade. You advertise in a wrong channel, you most likely get flamed by it. Simple as that. If you then come whining on a guild forum saying that this person needs punishment... /facepalm.

Quote:
My solution was easier, faster, and if he had done this is the beginning I may not have LOST A LITTLE PART OF MY SOUL JUST AS I DO EVERYTIME I READ A THREAD LIKE THIS.

Avy you legend, I just pissed myself laughing. Thanks bud.
wowTallis
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Furium1 wrote:
Hmm I dont think thas what you said and I do take my recruitment very seriously after a week of solid recruitment nothing is going to irritate me more than someone attacking me publicly

*giggle*

So you ATTACK Feronius on our PUBLIC forum as a response?

Tallis you sure you don't want to marry me? <3

Chatterbox

I write stuff on trade all the time

bad timing?

Tallis wrote:
Furium1 wrote:
Hmm I dont think thas what you said and I do take my recruitment very seriously after a week of solid recruitment nothing is going to irritate me more than someone attacking me publicly

*giggle*

So you ATTACK Feronius on our PUBLIC forum as a response?

Oh dear... I didn't mean to give the impression of attacking him I merely wanted to resolve the issue...
Rovasti

Just wondering why you ask for constructive criticism to crap applications on our recruitment forum and then treat people on this forum like this?
Phreaker

Hais guis, what's going on in dis thread?

Quote:

I write stuff on trade all the time

The trade channel is for trade talk only. It's that simple. We have rules saying you can't spam trade with irrelevancies. If Liesje catches you spamming trade with nontrade conversation you risk getting a proper spanking, getting a MMMoD or similar penalty for serious offenses.

Thus guild recruitment messages such as Furium's would be against our guild rules. Sorry Furium, as much as I agree that Fero sometimes happens to be a very aggravating person he is in the right here as far as our guild rules go.

That having been said even if it wasn't I still highly advice you to stop using this type of recruitment method.

Spamming trade is not likely to be effective in getting you the type of members you want. Sure, you might catch a few good ones here and there but most people worth recruiting will be turned away by such blatant in your face advertising simply because of the annoyance level. Moreover, many good raiders know this and will shun your guild simply because they know you recruiting in this manner will turn away good people - and nobody is interested in joining a guild full of .. well, crap players.

This effect is self reinforcing - once you get more than a certain treshold of bad apples good players will leave, making the ratio even more tilted towards failure.

Start being smart. If you want to build a great guild you want to be selective in who you get in there and you want to grow slowly. EoL took 3 months to reach the size where it was actually able to stage 25 man raids. It took that long for a reason. Of course this was still in the time when most of the server was wiping in Kara but ..

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Thaya-

I 'd.

This thread was worth visiting this forum for.
Thaya-

...why won't you let edit messages?

I wanted to say: I lol'd.
Riv
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

well this post is old one but let me sum it up before i lock up.

I ask EoL memeber not to respond to any spam or chat you see on trade channel, use the report button and don't respond and become part of the spam.

having that said, regarding the metter talked here, i see no wrong action from EoL side.

Trade channel has only 1 meanning as i see it, to trade that holds buying and selling, you may sell/buy items or service but thats it.
Recruiting has no place in this channel nor asking general questions, warrning about invetion or anything else.

Now that this is solved i like to thank you all for taking time and share your opinions on this metter but this post is locked.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum