Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Ulduar Preview ( Heavy Pictures )

They Released more info about the upcoming dungeon

Quote:

For countless millennia, Ulduar has remained undisturbed by mortals, far away from their concerns and their struggles. But since its recent discovery, many have wondered what the structure's original purpose may have been. Some thought it a city, built to herald the glory of its makers; some thought it a vault containing innumerable treasures, perhaps even relics of the mighty Titans themselves. They were wrong. Beyond its gates lies no city, no treasure vault, no final answer to the Titan's mysteries. All that awaits those who dare set foot in Ulduar is a horror even the Titans could not, would not destroy, an evil they merely... contained.

Beneath ancient Ulduar, the Old God of death lies, whispering.... Tread carefully, or his prison will become your tomb.

Quote:

Additional info on first boss
The first boss has you enter 1 of 3 different vehicles (Chopper, Demolisher, and Siege Engine) to fight your way through an immense Iron army to the Flame Leviathan and defeat him. After that, there's very little use of vehicles by players. We'll have the fight up on the PTR at a later date, but this fight isn't in the first wave of boss encounters to be tested. (Source)

Actually, the effectiveness of the vehicles in the Flame Leviathan fight changes depending on the quality of the gear. So someone in full Naxxramas epics (or Ulduar epics!) will have an easier time than someone in greens. (Source)

Official Page : http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/3p1/ulduar.xml

Screenshots :
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Andromel
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

the place looks nice and the thought of fighting in vehicles is "interesting" but the bit i liked was when they mentioned some of the bosses have a hard mode.

Now if ive understood this its a bit like OS, if you leave certain things in place its a harder fight and the loot is better and if there are multiple bosses in there then the challenge and replay/revisit value of the place will finally give people what they have been looking for

Hope Blizard get it right, so many people are wanting the "old days" of countless wipes and the feeling of pride when they actually master an instance that cant be cleared in one reset

Andro.

Healing the dps is like growing flowers, at some point you just have to let them die.
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Yeah, I'm with ya Andro...
I miss the countless whipes in all honestly, the need to min/max my gear, try new setups coz the wrong one will actually fail...

Don't get your hopes up, all encounters but one will have hard modes, which most players, including me, translate into the base encounter being easy =/

And the quote, at least to me, suggests that it IS Yogg-Sarron that'll be our new nemesis. C'thun remake or something new? We'll see. And vehicle fights again? Hmm, not sure I like that, I'd prefer Blizz came up with innovative fights without introducing vehicles with their own special abilities. Of course, it's an effective way to solve the dilemma of wanting to use special class abilities (like Spellsteal) without forcing people to bring a "perfect" raid. Still...

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

BEAKY SIGN UP FOR SOME RAIDS

Forum Pet

I STILL APPLIED FOR CHEERLEADER

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum