Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felidra
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Felidra, 70 tankadin

Name: Felidra
Race/Class: Human/Paladin
Level: 70

> Previous guilds on this sever?

Survivors of Azshara.

> How did you find us?

Through Liesje, she told me where to find you.

> Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

Simply put, because Liesje is with you, and because I know a bunch of you from SoA.

> What do you expect of us?

I object to this question.
Ask me "What can we do for you?".
And: "What can you do for us?".
And: "What do you want the guild to be doing as a group?"
Those are three different questions, the answers of all of which you apparently seem to want to have.

So: Let's go over them one by one.

What can you do for me?
A lot of things. Companionship, for one. I know a number of you folks from SoA, and I like the company. More importantly though, in order for me to stick with you guys long term the guild needs to have some things people tend to expect from the better guilds: Guild craftsmen, raids, RP events. But that's not the end of it. I want the leadership to not suck. That's easy to say but hard to define. I've been pushed into the guild leader role once and I hated it. The problem is growing your guild, without allowing the bad apples in, while holding on to the faster grinders that tend to run ahead of everyone else.*

What can I do for you?
Well, I'm a paladin. Tankadin-in-training, to be precise. I like tanking. I'm good at it. Or I like to think so - more likely, I just don't suck too bad wink. I'm willing to respec and go healing - I do so already sometimes, and have the gear to prove it - if the guild requires it. In either case I can fill gaps in the guild's raid layout. Aside from that, I'm an experienced player who hopefully is more mature than most. (Should be, at age 30 wink ).

What do you want the guild to be doing as a group?
Primarily, advance. That means working our way through the instances and raids, collectively. I expect EoL to maintain the roleplay aspect that SoA had - which I enjoyed a lot, when it happened - but it's not a primary motivator for me to join a guild.

> Any RP details about your character?
Not many wink
Frankly I haven't bothered fleshing out Feli too much yet. She's just who she is. I have a few rudimentary facts somewhere in my head but I've never seemed able to actually form it into a cohesive whole. At some point I'll probably be forced to do something about that but it's just not ready yet.

> What dungeons are you attuned with?
Onyxia, MC, BWL. On the Kara chain right now.

> Anything else you would like to add?
*) Frankly I'm not sure making people fill out application forms helps at all with this. Bad apples slip through application forms, for one. But then I'm just home from work and too grumpy to deal with badly thought out application forms that ask inane questions. No offense wink
mekwall

re: Felidra, 70 tankadin

Uhm. Just a formal acknowledgment is needed here.

Application successful!

Welcome to Echoes of Lordaeron, noble Felidra!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: