Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Application - Chamual (Paladin) [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Chamual
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Chamual
Talent Built(Armory link please):
Set of glyphs used: Prot - Devine Plea, Hammer of Righteousness, Righteous defence. Holy - Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom, Beacon of Light
Willing to respec (to another role)? Yes, I have a full Naxx Holy and Ret set
Professions and their level: Enchanting and Mining, both 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? Protection tank

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Cleared everything in TBC before Wrath hit, cleared everything in Wrath up to Mirimon, cleared to Mirimon in first week of 3.2

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 2-3

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Outland raider, Glory of the raider (10man)

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Dual core Athlon cpu, 4gb ram, 8800gts graphics and 1.4mb internet connection

Do you ever have latency problems? Sometimes in Dalaran I get lag, especially when zoning in.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes

Are you using any other addons? Xpearl unit frames, Clique, Cooldown counter and a few other random ones

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Chamual is returning from a period of reflection, spending alot of time exploring the world and resting in Nagrand. He is now ready to resume his battle to rid the land of evil and injustice.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? About 2 years ago

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I'm probably a little rusty as I haven't raided for 2-3 months, and I could use more practice healing in raids, I've got the hang of healing heroics down pat but need to learn how to do the same in raids.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE > RP\PvP. My main focus has always been raiding, I like Wintergrasp but BGs are only a passtime and I've never done arena at all tbh.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Currently runing the daily dungeons and Wintergrasp, not much else.

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Andraste Cadifors, I left to join EoL. EoL, I left after a long and happy time in the guild when the raid leader left, I followed him to Soulforge as I loved the way he led raids and was unsure what EoL would be like without him. Soulforge I left after raiding nearly constantly from Kara to Ulduar, when Ulduar opened I felt burnt out after a week, I don't think I suited the raiding they were doing and felt under appriciated. I didn't leave SF in a good way, I logged off after a raid one night and didn't log on again for 2 months, I had just had enough.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty cute

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! yes!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? EoL were the best guild I have been in in terms of atmosphere, organisation friendlyness and attitude. I want to get back to raiding and I think EoL are the best guild to do that with.

Why do you think we should choose you? I'm a proven tank with good offset healing and dps skills

Who can we contact for reference*? Lots of people in EoL - Mystikal, Razsagal, Taz, Liesje

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? I hope I get in? Happy

Dont confuse Superior wizard oil with your disenchant skill.....
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

I want to see you for a real life application information at our guildmeeting.

PS, Jealousy says yes, but he's not in charge, so whatever wink

Guild meeting?

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Next weekend in Manningtree, Essex. Contact any EoLers ingame for more info.

Cham's goodbye post for those of us/you (not sure what fits nowadays ) who were there at the "Sundering" of EoL/SF. (Someone should really write the EoL history some day!). I have a feeling that some people will hold it against you that you left EoL during this time.

I however will not, since I damn well remember the feeling that time, seeing people I've played with for so long (some even back to pre-EoL for me) splitting up. It's not that simple as saying "I'll be doing it this way" when you're forced to choose between two groups of people you both want to play and hang around with. If this two months thing is true (which I have no doubt about) then I'd say that's good enough proof for people that you're not just a guild-hopper heading for greener pastures either.

Right! Now when we're past that gloomy history and stuff, we can get down to the important fact: OMGITSCHAM! I remember a few tanks on this server I always knew would do their job right and not fuck up leaving me with my pants down (metaphorically) as I critted for awesome numbers (literally *flex*) and you were definately on that list. Also, that accent... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Moonkin sends OP-Cloud greeting!

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

I would completely understand if people held it against me for joining Soulforge, just as I wouldn't be suprised if anyone from Soulforge was angry about how I left that guild. In my defense I tried by best not to upset people when I left EoL, I just felt that SF was the future, I'm not even sure if they are still going however?

Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Chamual wrote:
I would completely understand if people held it against me for joining Soulforge, just as I wouldn't be suprised if anyone from Soulforge was angry about how I left that guild. In my defense I tried by best not to upset people when I left EoL, I just felt that SF was the future, I'm not even sure if they are still going however?

hmm, cant find edit button. When I meant SF was the future (or so i thought) it was mostly because of Eldare. When I went on my first EoL trial run back in BT I was so impressed with Eldare and his style of raiding (chain pulling, no messing about, clear tactics) as well as the rest of the guild that I instantly knew EoL was where I wanted to raid.

I felt Eldare was the key to EoL raiding being so enjoyable and successful but I guess I forgot that he was just one part of the great leadership EoL had in TBC. At the time Eldare was leaving Liesje announced she was stepping back from guild management (arranging signups and schedules etc.) and I felt that perhaps the 'golden time' of EoL had passed and the guild would not be so strong. I felt with the 2 main people that ran the guild not being there it wouldn't be the same, so thats why I though SF would be the future EoL....

Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Dont you think its a little lame re-applying to a guild you left because you didnt think it was good enough?
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Hey Cham!

*Waves

*wanders off muttering about second chances and other awesome traits of EoLness.

Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Its not that I didn't think EoL were good enough, more that I thought they were coming to an end. The raid leader and several key raiders and guild elders left, Liesje was stepping back from organising things and I couldn't see how anyone could do it as well as her, she must of put in like 37 hours a week doing it!! There also seemed to be some unhappy members and a couple of arguments going on (mostly in Officer chat although I didn't hear much of it not being an officer).

Since then I've realised that there is more to a guild than clearing content at breakneck pace for the sake of it, and I've seen EoL rebuild after the storm and some of the new members that've joined are some of my best buddies from back in Andraste Cadifors.

I've taken a break cause I got burnt out, now I want to come back and join what I think is the best guild on the server. Sure I left them before for other things, but as things stand now I don't think it is in anyway lame to apply to EoL.

Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Chamual wrote:

Since then I've realised

Realised once you got bored of soulforge
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Hey Cham Happy Good to see you again.

(Don't be too angry with Lae btw. I think she's just saying what is at the back of everyones mind)

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I'm just saying what I see really ._.
Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Got bored of Soulforge? Where do you get that idea? I left because I had had enough of raiding and WoW, I'd been doing it solidly for about 18 months sitting starting Kara and burning through Ulduar in a week, getting shouted at for talking to a keeper (like we were really going to get to Yoggy that week), a couple of other things and generally feeling fed up with it all. I didn't leave in the best way but it was just that I had had enough of WoW, I didn't want to log on or anything, just get away from it for a while.

Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Omg guys! He spoke to a keeper! <.< Can we let anyone with this apparent lack of insight in the guild! Talking a Keeper... A KEEPER! W.T.F.

xD I'm kidding Cham. A vouch for this guy btw. He just followed where his heart was at, which is what everyone did when the split took place. He didn't leave with any malice or such. So long as he's not too rusty ;) and he's gonna read up on all the HMs and such he hasn't done.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: