Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Rusunsus
Found the forum!

re: Rusunsus, protection warrior [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex:male
Nationality:Czech

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Rusunsus
Race:Human
Class:Warrior
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):66/13/45
Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Rusunsus
Set of glyphs used: Major: Blocking, Devastate, Cleaving; Minor: Command, Thunder Clap, Bloodrage
Willing to respec (to another role)?: only if necessary
Professions and their level:
Blacksmith 450, Mining 450, all secondary 450
What are your primary roles during a raid?:
Tank
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?:
Naxxramas 10, 25 - complete (OT,MT); Ulduar 10, 25 - up to keepers (OT,MT); ToCr 10 - complete (OT,MT), 25 - no.
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
YES
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
One or two raids. And one or two days before raid, I can commit. But hard to say responsibly, I live mostly real life.
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
Well, there is not much to say, probably most interesting is "I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir" (10 Player)
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
2.3GHz Turion, X1300 Mobility Radeon, 2G DDR2, 25FPS
Do you ever have latency problems?
Yes
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
I use DBM, Classic Threat meter, Recount, Ventrilo, atc. and keep them up to date, if possible.
Are you using any other addons?
Ackis Recipe List (cool for professions), Money Display, Durability Status...
RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Yes
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
Trying to be patient and fair, but life moves in mysterious ways, I´m just a men.
GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
More than year ago.
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
There is always something to improve.
PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE, because it is about team work.
How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
Sometimes I play too much I thik.
Do you share your account with anybody?
NO, never
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
1) Shared Faith, 2) Hidden Faith, 3) Edge of Eternity, 4) Conundrum
Mostly guilds were disbanded. Conundrum is guild made from lvl 80 characterrs of Edge of Eternity, but the mentioned team worg doesn´t exist here.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
d) as any other race
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
No, in relation to my previous answer.
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I know some people there and whenever I grouped up with them, it was a pleasure to play, not a horror, like it used to be for me in own guild.
Why do you think we should choose you?
No idea.
Who can we contact for reference*?
Zerbax (priest) tested my tanking skills in Gundrak, but probably better ask Jaenus (warior), who knows me from one old guild and who is one of a few on my friendslist.
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Yes. In oncoming days I shoud work and learn, not play. So I´m afraid, my trial period is not going to be full of raiding.

Hey Rus mate, as i mentioned to you in game earlier, i will have a proper look over the application later on today after i get some much needed sleep. Also Dune I'd appreciate any input you can have as well being as your more up to date on tanking shizzle in the new content than myself.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Just a few bits i picked up on:

HP is very low
Not expertise capped
583 defense and using a defense trinket :P
Considering the defense you have too many def gems
Poo enchant on gloves if you need 2% extra threat your doing something wrong
Crappy boots that can be replaced in 5 mans i advise you to get on that one.

Other than that looks okay i guess not going to comment on spec as i'm not 100% sure of them myself :D
But glyph of cleave? surely theres better

Ever so eager to reply

Hey just a comment here at this stage (before Jaenus gets into his warrioring)

The system we use requires you to sign up to 2 or more raids per week, and the sign ups close on the monday evening prior to the coming reset (the monday, and the raids start wednesday).

It's awesome that you live in the real life, but could you commit to 2 or more raids a week upfront in that manner?

Proffs and Rep with SoH are up though Happy.

Will be back to talk later

Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Jaenus wrote:
Hey Rus mate, as i mentioned to you in game earlier, i will have a proper look over the application later on today after i get some much needed sleep. Also Dune I'd appreciate any input you can have as well being as your more up to date on tanking shizzle in the new content than myself.

Will give him the meat grinder tonight, Jae.

Arlenya wrote:
Just a few bits i picked up on:

HP is very low
Not expertise capped
583 defense and using a defense trinket :P
Considering the defense you have too many def gems
Poo enchant on gloves if you need 2% extra threat your doing something wrong
Crappy boots that can be replaced in 5 mans i advise you to get on that one.

Other than that looks okay i guess not going to comment on spec as i'm not 100% sure of them myself :D
But glyph of cleave? surely theres better

Behave Miss ! Don't scared them away or should i get your Warrior trough the meat grinder twisted

Hey and thanks for applying to the echoes of lordaeron, i'm Lazurlus the Ex Warrior Class Rep. I'd just like to start by saying its nice to see some warrior tanks applying, its been a while since our last real warrior tank applicant. I've taken a look over your gear using WoW-heroes.com since my armoury's playing up a little so sorry if theres a few finer points that need adjusting here.

Spec: [Can't see right now due to wow-heroes not allowing you to look through specs, but from the 5/13 you've gone for improved cleave to go along with your cleave glyph and devestate glyph and have opted for a more AoE orientated tanking spec. Though purely speculation]

Gear: You still have some Tier 8 pieces of gear dispite the option to upgrade to Tier 9 from [Emblem of Triumph] in heroics. Something i'd get on right away. So i'd replace chest/helm/gloves with the badge variants ASAP simply for the stamina boost. Also the 4 set from t9 works well in an AoE build for the damage shield talents and the 30 Second CD on shield block for +100% block. Also, theres the trinket you're using. I can see how its hard to get ahold of a pure stamina trinket, however honestly avoidance is no where as needed as it was in the past. I'd almost venture so far as to say getting the [Essence of Gossamer] just for a nice stamina boost until something better drops (Heart of iron, ToC 25 stam, etc etc).

Enchanting:
You've got some odd choices considering you're over 43 defence (not defence rating) over the cap. It's not bad to be above the cap but it'd be better used itemisation if your defence enchants were changed into stamina ones. So Chest +275 health, possibly +30 stam/Res shoulder enchant, and the +18 stam shield enchant. Simply because you're a little squishy as it stands atm. I'd keep the +2% threat on gloves enchant (armsman) if your current spec was designed to be AoE since every little helps.
Side note: everything is enchanted with good enchants, just some odd choices with his current level of defence.

Gemming: You need to redo this badly, and this point scares me a little. You've gemmed for some really (and i mean really bad) socket bonuses. For the helm +8 def rating when you're on 583 defence is a poor choice so a pure stam gem is a better option, chest, you've gemmed for a +6 defence rating again, 2 x 30 stam gems again, and you've put a hit/stam gem in your blue socket shoulders. Unwritten rule is blue = stamina. The fact you're gemming for near pointless socket bonuses is a bit of a red flag to be fair, and would need looking into.

Obviously for me to decide on whether or not to vouch i'd need to look over your spec in detail to decide if you know some of the finer points of the warrior class. I was wondering if you could possibly link me a single target Main tank spec, include a list of your basic rotation (single/3+ mobs) and your initial rotation on pull.

Good luck with your applcation.

Found the forum!

re: Re: Rusunsus, protection warrior

Rusunsus wrote:
REAL LIFE

Sex:male
Nationality:Czech

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Rusunsus
Race:Human
Class:Warrior
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):66/13/45
Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Rusunsus
Set of glyphs used: Major: Blocking, Devastate, Cleaving; Minor: Command, Thunder Clap, Bloodrage
Willing to respec (to another role)?: only if necessary
Professions and their level:
Blacksmith 450, Mining 450, all secondary 450
What are your primary roles during a raid?:
Tank
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?:
Naxxramas 10, 25 - complete (OT,MT); Ulduar 10, 25 - up to keepers (OT,MT); ToCr 10 - complete (OT,MT), 25 - no.
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
YES
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
One or two raids. And one or two days before raid, I can commit. But hard to say responsibly, I live mostly real life.
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
Well, there is not much to say, probably most interesting is "I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir" (10 Player)
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
2.3GHz Turion, X1300 Mobility Radeon, 2G DDR2, 25FPS
Do you ever have latency problems?
Yes
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
I use DBM, Classic Threat meter, Recount, Ventrilo, atc. and keep them up to date, if possible.
Are you using any other addons?
Ackis Recipe List (cool for professions), Money Display, Durability Status...
RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Yes
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
Trying to be patient and fair, but life moves in mysterious ways, I´m just a men.
GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
More than year ago.
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
There is always something to improve.
PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE, because it is about team work.
How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
Sometimes I play too much I thik.
Do you share your account with anybody?
NO, never
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
1) Shared Faith, 2) Hidden Faith, 3) Edge of Eternity, 4) Conundrum
Mostly guilds were disbanded. Conundrum is guild made from lvl 80 characterrs of Edge of Eternity, but the mentioned team work doesn´t exist here.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
d) as any other race
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
No, in relation to my previous answer.
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I know some people there and whenever I grouped up with them, it was a pleasure to play, not a horror, like it used to be for me in own guild.
Why do you think we should choose you?
No idea.
Who can we contact for reference*?
Zerbax (priest) tested my tanking skills in Gundrak, but probably better ask Jaenus (warior), who knows me from one old guild and who is one of a few on my friendslist.
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Yes. In oncoming days I shoud work and learn, not play. So I´m afraid, my trial period is not going to be full of raiding.

"Sorry, I wanted to edit typo, so forget the post above please."

I would like to explain some things you mentioned:

Gear:
I´m going to have four pieces of T9 for both bonuses and one lvl 245 part of armor (shoulders or helm) soon.

Gems and Enchants:
Because I will change some parts of gear, I will tune this later, depending on results. Now I know, I will loose some hit rating, but will have more expertise. TankPoints calculator and RatingBuster addons are good help in this, calculating olso diminishing returns and hit avoidance against level 83, not as in-game tooltip which says defensive stats against lvl 80 only.
Do you honestly think +275 health on chest will help me more than +22defense rating? But if you will find me more attractive, I will use it.

Talents:
I know most tanks go for Impale and Deep wounds, but my talents seems to work good. With almost 26% critical chance on Cleave, Heroic Strike and Thunder Clap unbuffed would be nice to have Impale, but to reach it, I would have to use talents in another tree, what is a bit contradictory. If needed, I willl make second tanking spec instead of dps one.

Thanks
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I did Gundrak with him, and since when is 42K low HP ady? Ofc, if you don't have renew glyph you will probably loose him pretty fast..
But thats youre fault not him! twisted

Didn't do anything retarded on the heroic atleast, but heroics don't show much really. Better to test him in some 10man raid.
elvis
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Played with Rusunsus during our time in Edge of Eternity, and was always more confident healing raids (Ulduar/ToC) when he was tanking; vouch here.

Forum Pet

Mani according to armory he has 34k unbuffed and thats ouchies tbf

Found the forum!

Sorry to be rude, but you roud down Elliya1.

Forum Pet

35k is ouch too

Upping the guild post count

rus i'll comment tomorrow i'm absolutely slaughtered and
in a slightly depressed mood after meeting my ex atm :<

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Posner™
Chatterbox

Maniok wrote:
I did Gundrak with him, and since when is 42K low HP ady? Ofc, if you don't have renew glyph you will probably loose him pretty fast..
But thats youre fault not him! twisted

Didn't do anything retarded on the heroic atleast, but heroics don't show much really. Better to test him in some 10man raid.

Since the tank with the nickname "Squishy" has 41990 health unbuffed.

On a more serious note, I was tanking with Rusunsus whilst in EoE, and was one of the only tanks i could abide tanking with

Good luck!

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: