Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Rusunsus
Found the forum!

re: Rusunsus, protection warrior [Accepted]

Lazurlus- wrote:

I was wondering if you could possibly link me a single target Main tank spec, include a list of your basic rotation (single/3+ mobs) and your initial rotation on pull.

Here you are:

Single target basic rotation
1) Here I use macro which casts Shield Block + Shield Slam.
Result is that I have 100% more block value and with Glyph of Blockig additional 10%. Block value affects damage done by Shield Slam.
2) Thunder Clap as it tis powerful debuff with good threat.
3) Devastate + Heroic Strike (one click macro) till target has all 5 stacks. If "Sword and Board" is on thanks to Devastate, I use also Shield Slam in this cycle.
Heroic Strike is great to generate threat.
4) Revenge or Shield Slam whenever it is available. If not, Rend + Heroic Strike macro.
Using the Shield Block + Shield Slam macro keeps Shield Block on when it is not on cd.

Multiple target basic rotation
1) Thunder Clap
2) Shield Block + Shield Slam macro (on primary target) to have Shield Block on.
3) Yes, here is Cleave.
If I have anough rage, I use this running around enemies, So I make close pack of them and AoE DPSers have can easy do what they are to do. "Improved Cleave" and Glyph of Cleaving makes this much easier.
4) Thunder Clap whenever it is available.
Macro I use for this: /castsequence reset=5 Thunder Clap, Cleave

Demoralysing Shout makes also some threat, but is not primary used by me.

Hi Rus, first of all nice to see you applying here mate. It's been a good whilst since i was your class rep back in Hidden Faith but i always enjoyed chatting stuff over with you mate.

Now the pleasantries are out of the way I'll stick on my class rep hat and start dissecting your toon.

As has already been discussed your current build is set up primarily (for best effect) as a aoe tanking build, I'm slightly concerned you may struggle to maintain threat against some of EoL's the threat whoring dps (mages/locks) on certain boss encounters when they can nuke away (without seeing what your threat gen is tho it's hard to say though with certainty). Also I actually like the fact that you use a unique build suited to yourself rather than copying a so called 'cookie-cutter' build off some web site. If this is an issue though then a dual spec prot build could be the way to go - with one build set up specifically to maximise single target threat (I think both Laz and Dune have ran with 2 prot builds at times)

Gear isn't up to the standard of our current tanks - but i wouldn't expect it to be - gear is the least thing of concern as its pretty easy and fast to upgrade it quick tbh. What you do have gear-wise is as i expected nicely taken care off by you with gems/enchants - also gz on SoH rep (shocking how many people who apply who still don't have this exalted).

The more in depth prot minutia i will leave to Laz and Dune both (until recently) main spec warrior prot tanks. So obviously their more current on the exact needs on the current content TogC and ICC and the challenges it poses when tanking.

In summary - i think your a good guy mate, never seen you complain about anything in the past etc. You always listened to advice and actively sought it out when needed - all qualities i respect tbh - and the fact you've been on my friends list for 6 months or so shows that. You also have a vouch from 2 members of EoE who are now EoL'ers who where guilded with you more recently giving a positive feedback on you as a tank (Squishy and Elvis). Also i have previously been your Class rep in another guild so that i also see as a plus.

On a side topic can i ask how much reading up you do etc on new encounters, i seem to remember that going way back that this was the only slight issue we had. Apologies if i remember this incorrectly btw (also i am going back 6 months or so too).

Analysing our the warrior ranks atm we currently have 2 full time dps and 1 full time prot so theirs definitely room to add another good prot warrior to the ranks, as such I'd be inclined to recommend a trial period to give you a chance to show us if that's you. On character alone i would say yes as your a top bloke.

P.S. meant to ask you what is the current condition of your Priest alt (gear etc).

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Well since Laz already has some excellent points, i can only say the hit rating gems argh i can understand keep gemming def, i also do it but i do not get gemming for hit.

Eitherway Laz hits the exact points spot on and yes this is definitely an "AoE" Build, and his main TPS gen will be crushed by our whoring DPS hell in some cases even i will get out aggrroed by those bunch of Wild guns.

Eitherway i am really interested to see how he does.

Found the forum!

Hi Jaenus, thanks for the reply.

I´m willing to rebuild my talents to something like this.
There are some other alternatives of course.

My gear is not the best, still working on it. The [Black Spire Sabatons] from Forge of Souls still doesn´t want to drop tho.
Alredy have new helm [Faceplate of the Honorbound] and two pieces of T9 are on their way.

As I can see, healers here want more health, not avoidance. I will focus on this when enchanting and gemming my gear. In my inventory are stamina trinkets like [Bubbling Brightbrew Charm] , so I can boost my health at cost of avoidance if needed.

I read about new content mostly on http://www.wowwiki.com/ and http://www.bosskillers.com/. Still prefer Tankspot´s videos more.
In ToC, I know what to do. I stopped reading about Ulduar bosses, since in Conundrum were no raids able to clear it. Never visited ICC, and read about first bosses only atm. In last days I raise my experiences in pugs, but it is not the best way of riding. Wiping so often, because ppl do not know what to do.
Hard to gear up this way .

Finally, my priest Sacrificulus has items level 200 to 232 and is hardly useable in Ulduar (10). I use him to make some gold, flasks and gems for Rusunsus , as his Alchemy and JC are on 450.

One bad message... My game time expired and I´m not sure if I will buy new card next week, since I´m at cottage now. Will see tomorrow if the shop in nearby town is open.

Thanks all for your interest.

Why did you picked up the T9 Shoulders ? The [Shoulderplates of Enduring Order] are superior till the HM Shoulders ( in that item bracket ), and only costed 10 more badges.

Found the forum!

I alredy had [Wrynn's Pauldrons of Conquest] and [Wrynn's Legguards of Triumph] to have set bonus which increases damage from Devastate and stacks with T8 bonus. T9 lvl 245 gloves can drop in VoA, so I will buy their 232 version if I will have to as last. As next will buy [Wrynn's Breastplate of Conquest] . In my inventory is also [Icebound Bronze Cuirass] , but there are no sockets and strength is low, dodge and hit rating is nice tho.

You are right, the socketing for hit rating doesnt help much. Hit rating I consider as important thing, but probably not at all cost.

If you can do mate try to keep us informed through here about your game-time situation, it makes Emmy's job a bit easier (our recruitment officer).

Oh and i hope you had a nice Christmas and didn't overdo the festive drinks wink

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Rusunsus
Found the forum!

I was in town today and got a game card. Will add it later, must go babysitting after lunch. My bro with wife and their little something came.

The drinks.... well, I cant remember , I think I had a lot of [Flagon of Mead] .

Hey there!

Been some interesting discussions going on here, and happy to see that you've got some game-time.

Jaenus seems happy with you, and as he mentioned we currently have one main-spec warrior tank, and as a result I'd like to give you a trial.

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron. During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Raszragal, Miriel, Dunedain, Arleyna) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

Laz (Aureya)

ShadowBumble wrote:
Why did you picked up the T9 Shoulders ? The [Shoulderplates of Enduring Order] are superior till the HM Shoulders ( in that item bracket ), and only costed 10 more badges.

25 more badges mate, so useful yes. Definatly worth getting in place of the tier shoulders but the helms also quite useful so personal preference really.

As for the talent spec you've linked, it needs changing. Deep Wounds is completely pants as of about 2 patchs ago when they changed it to weapon damage instead of the actualy critical damage. You forgot improved defensive stance, which is basic. You've put 2 points in improved blood rage and my god we never have rage issues... ever... You've put some glyphs there that really don't need to be. For example Glyph of rending is arms DPS and shouldn't be there as well as the glyph of devestate, thats also a bit crap. If this is a single target build it might have been worth listing shield wall and Imp Last stand since the reduced CD's = Win.

The fact you missed Gag order in a single target threat build is just.... well frankly scary. 10% shield slam damage, which is our main threat generating abillity... o.O"

The spec you've linked isn't bad, but it should look more like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAb00bZhZVItrx0didIzsGo:drTozM

I know you've been accepted, but i was hoping for this application to get a bit more serious input before him being accepted. Oh well...

Forum Pet

Lazurlus- wrote:
ShadowBumble wrote:

25 more badges mate, so useful yes. Definatly worth getting in place of the tier shoulders but the helms also quite useful so personal preference really.

15 tier shoulder 30 Emblems this one 45 ;) we call it even the helmet he already has.

Welcome to your trial and i will looking forward to testing you out :d

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: