Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Glanris
Found the forum!

re: Glanris - Holy/Disc Priest [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Polish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Glanris
Race: Dwarf
Class: Priest
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 8 days 5 hours 29 minutes
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Glanris
Set of glyphs used: Export Build

Glyph of Renew
Glyph of Prayer of Healing
Glyph of Circle of Healing
Glyph of Fortitude
Glyph of Levitate
Glyph of Shadowfiend
Willing to respec (to another role)? Sure, i dont have alot experience in Shadow spec but i could try
Professions and their level: Herbalism 450 , Iscription 418

What are your primary roles during a raid? My primary roles are: Healing and following general tactic for boss.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? On this character i did only VoA 25 , Togc 10 but i did ICC10 and UD 10 on my brother hunter when he couldnt play for week.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? I'm willing to join 3 raids a week , and Yes

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? I dont have any , hopes to get some soon , title Seeker is 1st on my list because i love questin.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? 30-60 FPS

Do you ever have latency problems?
Generally i dont have latency problems, sometimes have dc.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes i can

Are you using any other addons?
I'm using Healbot, Atlasloot

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yea im not doing any rp actions at all but i respect their rules.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
Glanris is calm and peacfull, only thing that she hates are critters in instances.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 4 Years ago , my "home" realm is Draenor but i made some characters in here and stayed.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
I need to improve my healing at all, i would like to do some achievements on this character also , why ? because i totally love my Priest Happy , and i want to bring some heals into heavy raids.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?PvE - shiny drops, hard bosses thats what i like most , PvP - there is something magic in killing hordies , RP - i like lore and stuff

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 3-4hours per day

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Exitium was my only guild , i dont see a spot for me in their upcoming raids and that guilds is closed circle of irl friends , very hard to comunicate with them sometimes , at all i must say its still nice guild.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
definitly b)
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! No im a dwarf, small guys need to keep together <3

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I want to raid , meet new people as simple as that.

Why do you think we should choose you? You should pick me because i got great attitude to raiding , im not aware of wipes learnig boss fights is a pleasure for me(i've learned something from tons of wipes in SSC, TK Happy

Who can we contact for reference*? To be honest i have no idea my old guild masters dont play anymore except Exitium leader Noaz i did only few heroics with him but still.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Thanks, hope to hear from you soon
Dranieq
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

re: Re: Glanris - Holy/Disc Priest

Glanris wrote:

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! No im a dwarf, small guys need to keep together <3

Dwarfs are huge!
Robinxx
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

re: Re: Glanris - Holy/Disc Priest

Dranieq wrote:
Glanris wrote:

Dwarfs are huge!

nice joke Dranieq
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Gear is almost as good as it can be from heroics, however, the bracers, back and offhand stand out a bit as obvious candidates for improvement.

These would be an easily accessible improvement for your bracers.

Here are the few decent cloaks that you can get pre-raid.

and finally These are a pair of easily accessible off-hand upgrades.

I suggest you work on upgrading those last blues while your application is considered and wish you the best of luck.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Elaniriel
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

I'll look a bit over your info before Isvan, the Priest class rep, comes in and give a more thorough review of your specc/gear/etc.

So for your gear, it's mostly alright, like Derdriu mentioned before myself, you need to replace a few items. Besides the fact that you need to enchant your bracers as well as your cloak, everything is enchanted and gemmed up, which is a plus. I can see that you gem for the socket bonuses, which explains the mp5 sockets, so no complaints there.

A quick breakdown of your speccs; in your Holy specc, you left out Desperate Prayer and Lightwell, in favor for Holy Reach and Healing Prayers, and you decided to leave out Glyph of Flash Heal, and instead took Glyph of Renew/Prayer of Healing, (depends which one you find not being obligatory). Mind telling us why you opted for these decisions? (Note that we're not saying that it's the wrong way of speccing, we're just interested in hearing your thoughts on this).

There is one fault in your Glyphing choices though, both for Discipline and Holy specc. Instead of taking Glyph of Shadow Protection, you took Glyph of Fortitude. In raiding environments, you will be drinking anyways after rebuffing Fortitude, and the +10 minutes on Prayer of Shadow Protection is valuable, if not mandatory, in raiding environments since 20 minutes in a four hour raid isn't a lot.

Your Discipline specc is a basic cookie cutter variation, as is your glyph choices for Disc, and therefore I got no complaints there.

P.S., if I am rambling, it's because it's 5 AM! Also, hopes this helps Izzeh D:

I have some questions about both speccs.

Holy:
Why no Test of Faith?
Body and Soul, is a personal choice but can save alot of asses, like on P3 NB in ToGC. And you have 3 points in inspiration, which is only needed if you don't have a disc priest in the raid, which is not likely to happen v. often on 25mans!wink You have both Divine Fury and Empowered healing which is mostly benefitting youre Greater Heal (which you won't be casting alot as a raidhealer.)

I think would drop all points in Divine Fury, Inspiration and Emp. Healing, and 1 point in Imp. Healing.(this is again only benefitting youre GH.) This frees up 14 points which I would spend in these talents.

Spell Warding - I see you haven't done alot of raids, and this will probably save youre ass more then a couple of times then! wink
Healing Prayer - Is a must in both builds.
Test of Faith - Simply to good to miss out.

From there you can go either into Blessed Resillience (yes PvP talent I know but effectiveness raised by 3% is quitenice.) or Body and Soul, or abit of both.

Youre mp5 is quite low for holy so I can see why you have maxed out Surge of Light and Healing Prayers. But as soon as you don't have mana issues I suggest leaving 1 point in each and using the 2 last points in healing focus.

And why do you not have GS glyph? It can save some fucking up (or tank dying) every minute so imo it's to good to miss out on. For some fights like in ICC you can drop PoH glyph for Renew but imo dropping out GS is not really an option.

Personally I would use fade as a Minor Glyph, you don't need it 25mans but you actually do in 10mans, and it's quite alot of mana saveed, depending of fight ofc! wink

Disc:
Personally I would not take Inner Focus as going oom as disc is v. hard atleast if youre rapturewhoring correctly, I would put it in Absolution instead, as those fights were you have to dispell alot are usually fights were it's easier to go oom, since you won't get chance to rapturewhore as much!
In youre holy tree I would also switch out Divine Fury (since you are casting GH even less here than in holy-specc..) with Spell Warding.

Otherwise it looks fine!

Keep in mind this is only my toughts on the matter, Isvan and Emee got the final words.

GL with youre application! wink

Mani
Glanris
Found the forum!

Hello , first i would like to thank for all advices you left for me.

As for gear: im running constantly HoR hc for offhand, PoS for bracers and back but so far i wasnt very lucky i think its a matter of time that items will get into my hands, my priority is to get rid off all blues i have and replace them with epics and enchant them as well. Ah and im going to change my 12sp 5mp5 gems for 12sp 8spi i think.

As for Talents/Glyphs: i would lie saying that im not confused after reading all this , my holy spec is still hot and fresh i made it yesterday 1 day of testing in togc and icc10 so any suggestions are welcome. Now i see that 10 min of shadow buff is more important that mana cost reduction of stamina buff so i will replace this glyphs as soon as possible.

Questions:
Quote:
you left out Desperate Prayer and Lightwell, in favor for Holy Reach and Healing Prayers, and you decided to leave out Glyph of Flash Heal, and instead took Glyph of Renew/Prayer of Healing, (depends which one you find not being obligatory). Mind telling us why you opted for these decisions? (Note that we're not saying that it's the wrong way of speccing, we're just interested in hearing your thoughts on this).

I have Desperate Prayer in my disc spec and i found out that im not using it very much because of mana cost and cd , rather just cast flash heal on me, and i dont see good use for Lightwell.

Glyphs , glyphs ... i like them all i like stronger renew helps when dps is going out of my range and ticks still heal him up, little hot after casting PoH is nice too , redcued cost of flash heal could help as im short on mana with current gear and that bloody glyph of Guardian Spirit sounds nice too as tanks gets hard hits in worst moments, im really confused with this think i need some raids to test out whats best for me.

[/quote]Why no Test of Faith?
Quote:

Now after last night icc10 raid i clearly see that is a must because most of hits dps/healers are getting get them below 50% so any +healing on them sounds great.

Points in Divine Fury are wasted also, as i havent cast single greater heal in whole raid.
My Holy spec needs deep changes at all, i will post new one soon.

Ahhh and i have one important question ...
What trinket is better for holy Talisman of Resurgence with +128 int and 599 sp evry 2 min or Binding Light with 57mp5 ? was testing both and havent see huge difference.

Hope you find all answers you needed
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Sounds great!

Tbh, it is very easy to run oom as holy, spirit is important to stack aswell. There is it better to start as Disc imo, since by playing smart you can work around youre mana issues, which you can't (atleast not to the same extend)as holy.

Desperate Prayer should only be used, if you don't have time to cast flash heal, trust me, these moments will come (Mimiron Hm, ToGC10 etc..) if you have the choice between dying and instant heal it's easy choice!

I would say talisman of resurgence since it increases youre mana pool about 2k and that 600 xtra sp is quite nice if you use it in conjunction with PoH or Divine Hymn.

Anyway I will stop spamming now, and leave it to Emee/Isvan!;)
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Don't listen to Manitit, Inner focus is rarely taken due to Mana issues anymore its the free crit when used in conjunction with something like Divine hymn which gives basically free insane healing

Likes forums

Hey there. I'm afraid I'm posting from my iPod here so I'll put up a more full post later. Gear looks all right, but blues at this point in the expansion are pretty unforgivable- you really can't farm the 50 or so emblems for badge items while you're looking for a proper upgrade? To be honest from the application it seems like this char is an alt, are you I tending to make it your main now? Otherwise you don't look too bad, inscription means sons of hodir rep isn't needed (it's why I took the profession as well ;) ). Herbalism isn't really a nice raiding profession (again implying an alt or ex-alt) but that's a change I'd recommend rather than insist on.
Most of the points on spec in this thread stand, I'll get round to looking at that later (when I've read up on it myself <.<).
Enchants don't look bad, since you should be upgrading your subpar gear in the near future I'm mor concerned about getting the upgrades and enchanting them than burning mats on blues. Personally I would take the run speed boot enchant (Tuskarr's Vitality), especially since you don't have B&S. 8% is a really noticeable bonus.

Anyway, will look at spec later (maybe once you've taken my minions' suggestions into account) when I have PC access.

-Isvan, priest class rep

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

he's been lvl 80 for a week, he's rather obviously been grinding like a mo fo so i'd guess that badge items will be no problem for him

i'd say the more pressing questions would be about his raid awareness etc seeing as gear is a joke to obtain at the moment.
looking at your answer to the raid experience question it seems that you have tried a few 10 mans and have played your brothers huntard for a week?
im not saying you'll be clueless but raid healing is very different from 5 and 10 mans

Found the forum!

Thats correct dinged 80 6 days ago but i wont agree this is an alt , its my main character. Propably im going to drop off herbalism after maxing out inscription and pick something more usefull like tailoring/JC. I must agree that my raid experience as healer isnt good but im taking any chances to practice , for example i did 2 bosses in togc25 yesterday , couldnt get trough faction champions hopes that i can make today or tomorrow full togc25 run.
Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Please notify the difference between ToC and ToGC.

ToC are Trial of the Crusader

ToGC are Trial of the Grand Crusader which is hardmode, and I very much doubt you did 25man hardmode with pug on this server! wink
Glanris
Found the forum!

Yep Sorry my bad.
Elaniriel
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Sunnybunny wrote:
he's been lvl 80 for a week, he's rather obviously been grinding like a mo fo so i'd guess that badge items will be no problem for him

Hadn't realized this bit, considering you've been level 80 for such a short time, your gear is very impressive. Since Izzeh isn't here yet, I'll do a followup ;P

I'd recommend that you change your wand, despite the fact that it's a lvl 245 wand. While it will give you a good amount of Spi, Int and SP, some of the item budget on the wand is wasted on hit, instead of a more useful stat, like haste or crit. But since Blizz was retarded, and decided to only release a hit wand for us to buy, then this is not a fault of yours of course. (Err, I just used up this paragraph saying nothing, so you should probably skip this paragraph).

Personally, I would recommend switching out your two trinkets. The Nevermelting Ice Crystal is a very good trinket for Shadow Priests and DPS, but not so much for Healer priests, mostly due to the fact that a) we don't have a very big use for OOMPH! trinkets, and b) the particular OOMPH! provided by this trinket is favourable for Afflic/SPriests mostly. If you want a good throughput trinket for that slot, I'd recommend switching to something akin to the Illustration of the Dragon Soul, (hard item to get, but it's definitely worth it), or to Scale of Fates for those times where you need to push out a lot of healing in a short amount of time. (Note that the Scale is only good if you remember to use it).

Your second trinket seems alright, but if you're like me who's useless at remembering trinket procs, then you can switch it with the Tears of the Vanquished, (I use that trinket, along with Illustration of the Dragon Soul). It gives a bit less intellect, but it gives back enormous amounts of mana back through its proc, (it usually sits at my top 5 mana gained, sometimes ending up at 3rd spot). The Illustration drops from 25-man Obsidian Sanctuary, and the Tears of the Vanquished drops from ToC5 normal mode, (this means you can farm the instance for an evening in order to get it).

I won't say anything about your professions. I'm a herbalist as well, and I use Lifeblood a few times in a raid whenever it's needed. It has saved my butt a few times, so that's always nice.

Rest seems in order, looking forward to your improvements in gear.

EDIT: If someone could run a heroic with Glanris, and post a bit of feedback, then we would be very happy, (I can't myself since two healers doesn't go well in a 5-man instance)

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: