Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sasmus
Found the forum!

re: Sasmus - Restoration Shaman [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Welsh

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Sasmus
Race: Draenei
Class: Shaman
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 17 days, 23 hours
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Sasmus&gn=Azeroth+Elites
Set of glyphs used:
Major:Earth Shield, Chain Heal, Riptide
Minor:Water shield, Renewed life
Willing to respec (to another role)?if needed
Professions and their level: Herbalism: 450, Inscription: 433

What are your primary roles during a raid? Raid healing.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
I have had experience in Ulduar 10 with my current guild.
Did some of Ulduar25 with you guys, up to the attempt of the heartbreaker achievement.
Trial of the Crusader 10 - All but first boss (they started early)
Icecrown 10 - Last night with some of EoL.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?Probably 3-4 raids a week, and i'll be able to sign up with days in front.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? None, my current guild isn't very organised, and i don't get any chance to raid properly. This is why i am applying to a good guild like this.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? 35 fps in dalaran, i would have to double check on 25 man raid instances.

Do you ever have latency problems? My internet is shared, and sometimes people are downloading causing problems. a quick restart of the internet before the start of the raid and it will be fine.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? I currently have all the required addons installed Happy

Are you using any other addons? Vuhdo for healing

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Certainly.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Eager, yet calm and collected.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Early 2009

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Some of my gear as i have not had the chance to raid high-end with my current guild, yet i have the available gears from the emblem vendors. I would also have to re-check tactics to meet your standards.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE - when in a proper group, rather than Pugging nine other people.
PvP - some battlegrounds are quite fun, as well as wintergrasp
RP - Not my cup of tea.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Varies on hours, but nearly every day.

Do you share your account with anybody? No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Edge of Eternity (Disbanded), Azeroth Elites (more of a social instead of raiding guild)

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty C

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Yes, and still tasty.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
One of the only major raiding guilds on the server, people i have met briefly in the past have been nice, and my friend from real life is in the guild.

Why do you think we should choose you?
I'm a sociable person, but knows when to get down to business. Nearly always available and on time.

Who can we contact for reference*?
You could talk to Lightnrg (i'm not sure how they'll take that i am leaving, im one of the few that actually do anything in the guild), or Posner.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Hopefully i can catch you lot on a good side tongue out and maybe learn something in the process.

Thanks,
Sasmus
xx
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Hey there and thank you for applying.

Your class leader Rasz should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but in the meanwhile (tis new year afterall) I'll take a quick glance.

Professions look pretty much in order (yey inscription), gear wise you seem to be missing a trinket ;)

Reputation generally seems a little low (head enchant for example seems missing), but otherwise I'll let the resto's and/or Raz give a look over before I make any descision.

Emee

Sasmus
Found the forum!

Hmm, unusual, but if you highlight the second trinket, the details will come up for it. it is the [Sliver of Pure Ice]

envy
dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Was in raid with him on my alt alt alt.
He dint impressed me i out healed him almost every fight he died on some stopid stuff like Deat and decay,on saurfang dint move from adds,died becouse he had debuff and dint heal him self.

Yeah, echoing what dreamdust has already said.

Reaction time seemed slow and general awareness seemed poor. For instance, at around 95 stacks of BP, it was always announced, so that healers would be prepared in order to quickly react to someone that needed healing. Sasmus numerous times, failed to react when the mark was on himself.
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

What the others said, saw him standing being hit by bloodbeast, spamhealing himself for too long!;P
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

dreamdust.melee wrote:
Was in raid with him on my alt alt alt.
He dint impressed me i out healed him almost every fight

How can you out heal him? You mean healing out put? And if you do, did you look at the overhealing afterwards? :P

dreamdust.melee wrote:
he died on some stopid stuff like Deat and decay,on saurfang dint move from adds,died becouse he had debuff and dint heal him self.

Well if he died it's not surprise that you out heal him :P However dying to things like that is a good thing to point out Happy

We are now all waiting for Ras to put his respond down on what he thinks of this applicant Happy

Good Luck.

Chatterbox

Well..this ain't looking too good.

I'll admit the problem with Deathbringer Saurfang looks terrible. hehe.

First time there. Mistakes were made on the "earlier" tries, and started to whittle away.
I remember the rogues dying to death and decay, but did he?

As for your comment on the healing dream, i recollect seeing a few recounts with him at least 500k in front of you with more than 1k HPS more.
Couple this with the fact that it was hit first go, and that there was NO healing setups whatsoever just a random kerfuffle (Little Britain) of who to heal, your comment is irrelevant.

You might think i'm sticking up for him because i know him, but if you have had the conversations with him discussing EoL, and noticed how he went from full Blues/200ilevel gears -> what he has now in about 2 1/2 weeks just to have a chance to apply here.

And i am SURE given the time to raid with proper healing setups rather than "AH SPAM MOAR PLZ GUYZ" he would be able to show his true potential.

My 8 1/2 cents.

*edit* i need to learn to spell Rogues

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Didn't mean to slaugther him, he's healing was not bad, and he was first time in ICC, so I'm not against a trial don't get me wrong! wink
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Overhealing only becomes important when healing done/HPS is low in comparision to high overhealing, imo.

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Vieane wrote:
Overhealing only becomes important when healing done/HPS is low in comparision to high overhealing, imo.

Seconded!
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Tbh how he did or didn't do well in ICC is pretty irrelevant overall - Christ some of us still mess up on stupid things in their now, a fairer assessment can be made if we give him a chance to raid something that he knows and see how he does their

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Elaniriel
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Jaenus wrote:
Tbh how he did or didn't do well in ICC is pretty irrelevant overall - Christ some of us still mess up on stupid things in their now, a fairer assessment can be made if we give him a chance to raid something that he knows and see how he does there

This, with a but - we still need our members to not make too stupid mistakes when we progress - ICC part two is coming soonish, so we gotta learn the next three encounters instead of getting stuck on'em.

Or something.

Yeah agreed mate

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

If anyone could run a heroic with him (or if I catch him), it would be interesting to get some feedback in a perhaps more comfortable position while I await Rasz's overview.

As it stands, yes we need Resto Shammies, but the initial feedback is concerning.

Emee

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: