Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Posner™
Chatterbox

re: Kremlin [Declined]

Don't You remember Dark Honor Kremlin?!

I was that other DK! (Night Elf!)

Stole my mace he did, *shakes fist*

He was ok back then (to be honest :D)

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus

Well i wrote down my most recent guilds. I remember Dark Honor for sure, great times we had there. I also was in Rumsey Rumblers, not sure i had to write all the guilds wrong. Also i thought the referrer needed to be from EoL, you can ask Treeslaker for example.

Please think well, improvement is at my reach.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Xulgos
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Alright, I'm awake from my nightshift.

Here follows my 'on paper' assessment of your character. Do take notice that everything I mention here is not ment to insult you. I want you to be the best DK that you can be. This requires advice and questions.
That out of the way, here follows:

-Gear: Sub par gear. There are some pieces of gear in there that are just not up to speed with EoL's current level of raiding. Do realise that in order to fill a DPS spot in one of our raids, you have to be of a certain minimal use to the raid. Concerning this dps spot, you are unable to compete with our current members. This cometition is not only vs our other DK's, but vs all other dps people....and we have some pretty solid ones.
Also it shows that you have not been taking good care of this character, since through heroics/badges you are able to get way better gear then you have already. First impressions is that you havn't been treating this character as your main focus, or you simply don't have the dedication available to make it a great character.

-Reputations: Same story. Not taken care off. Looks like you didn't bother in this department. This shows again that either you have been treating this character as your alt, or you have no dedication to it.

-Experience:
Same story again. I've been inactive for over 3 months and I have done the instances more then you. Sometimes I've done stuff 3x as much then you. This confirms my suspicion of treating this character as your alt / lack of dedication.

Talent tree:
Blood dps. It looks like you pulled it from a site or copied it from another player. The whole idea behind blood dps is more then just the spec. You have to fit your gear to it as well. I've not seen this link, making me believe your knowledge of the class is a bit behind. This supports my idea of your character not haven gotten the 'love' a main character should have.

-Quick background research:
You have applied to Menace and AoT at the same time in the past. Two applications at the same time.
While there you said you prefer Menace above all others.
I can understand someone spreading their chances and saying such things in an application to get into a guild.
This doesn't take away that I am not happy with such practises. As such I have the feeling that whatever you write here will be fittet to 'say what we want to hear', instead of hearing the truth. Also playing 3rd fiddle to other guilds, be it true or not, is not really a compliment to us.

My advice to you:
Get more experience with your death knight. Go read up on the class and how things work. Elitistjerks site (google it) is a good place to be.
Gear up so you can meet a minimum standard of raiding, so you won't be a drain on the raid.
EoL is known to not expect super players to be handed on a platter, rather they aim to create good players. Still we need a solid base to work from.

My advice to the recruiter:

At this point this particular Death Knight is not up to speed to raid with EoL without being a drain on the raid. Gearwise but also skill/knowledge/attitude wise. To get this character to be up to speed will cost a lot of attention and work, something I can't give at the moment, nor the guild can suffer.
This together with the recruiting stop and needing to be an exceptional candidate to get a trial, I'd advice against a trial.

Well i've been away for a little time, and i've started to make an effort to improve. This is my main character and i thank you for all the things you told me. Well, the last thing i want is to hold you down. This is a no go then?

The desicion is up to our recruiter. I'm glad to see you are making the effort to up your game. Soon enough you'll be strong enought to arm wrestle the Lich King himself and win!

Hey there Kremli.

Im the assistant recruiter, and for the moment Im going to be the one dealing with the applications.

I've read through the application and the responses.
Xulgos responds pretty much cut it however. As it is not we have more or less closed for more initiates and you simply dont cut it for us.
I suggest that you work more on getting better gear and leveling your professions ;) and when you feel that you have improved to a level usefull to us please feel free to reapply to the guild.

Good Luck on your guild hunt!

Assistant Recruiter
- Norrinja/Miriel

Ok, i understand. Thanks a lot for taking your time and i will take all of your advices into consideration. Hope you all the best!

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: